ANNIHILATION from Ex Machina Writer/Director (87% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

If you have seen ANNIHILATION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
anyone read the books?

I was wondering what the 8 or infinity symbol signified on her arm

giphy.gif

Oh, and one other thing. . .

giphy.gif

Ohhhh you sly motherfucker.

Honestly, I enjoy mk more than last jedi.

Suck it to all the nerdy cinema snobs! This movie was fun, cool premise, good action when it happened and visually nice to watch! There are way too many wanna be critics and film snobs nowadays that think they’re all roger ebert or some shit. It was a cool movie, so was ex Machina, fuck the haters

Would you say it was more entertainimy than ex machina? Oddly, I don't tire of that movie.

Would you say it was more entertainimy than ex machina? Oddly, I don't tire of that movie.

I know you werent asking me but i think ex has more of cooler fun tone to it. Annihilation is more mystery with a very sad undertone for the reasons why they are on the mission. a very morose film but intriguing

Go see it. Its original and like nothing youve seen. at least it has that going for it

also side note. I dont see a thread for Game Night but that movie was pretty fucking funny

I was going to see it even without the positive response as I like both Bateman and McAdams and thought the trailer looked funny, but the solid reviews on Metacritic made me more enthusiastic about it. Glad to see you liked it. Will probably check that one out tomorrow as I said.

I thought Annihilation was good. I think I have to ponder it for a while before fleshing out my thoughts on it, but ultimately it was a visually impressive and thematically challenging film. I actually expected it to be more ambiguous or lacking a resolution than it was. Not saying it was nicely and neatly wrapped up, but I think I was expecting less cohesion in the narrative.

Seemed pretty accessible for the most part to me. Not going to be considered a crowd-pleaser by any means but it wasn't abstract to the point of being unrelatable to the mass audience in my opinion.

Didn't mind the slow pacing at all. Felt deliberate and never dull. All the precursor material to Portman, JJL, and co. going into the Shimmer was relevant and interesting. It either set up the plot or fleshed out the main characters. Once they go inside, there is a pervasive sense of curiosity, mystery, and danger that definitely works.

Intriguing film for sure. Some pretty disturbing imagery and graphic moments thrown in there that I didn't see coming...

I didn't find it slow at all at least for me. I really enjoyed this movie

anyone read the books?

I was wondering what the 8 or infinity symbol signified on her arm
I noticed Portmans Lena character didn't have the infinity tattoo before she went into the shimmer, the other woman Anya had it. The movie never went into that but I am guessing all four women refracted pieces of themselves into Lena by the end. I don't know.

I noticed Portmans Lena character didn't have the infinity tattoo before she went into the shimmer, the other woman Anya had it. The movie never went into that but I am guessing all four women refracted pieces of themselves into Lena by the end. I don't know.

Great catch. I think it definitely warrants another viewing.

I don’t know man, I don’t get rattled at all by most movies but that sequence at the end where

the slender man was mimicking Lena’s moves and evolving into a duplicate of her really kind of creeped me out...

Screambear is the most terrifying thing I've seen in the past two years. And it's not even a horror movie.

Loooool. Who writes this stuff? Let's send a team to some life threatening place. If they don't come back, let's send women to ensure success. Brilliant! Why didn't the US military use this brilliant strategy when men didn't come back from barrages of gunfire in armed conflicts. I think we've hit the bottom of the barrel when it comes to story writing

You're getting the whole thing wrong. It's not supposed to be a brilliant strategy. They've been sending teams into the shimmer for three years. At this point it's a suicide mission you have to sign up for.

8/10... i will agree with complaints about it felt like something was missing compared to ex machina but it was an intense film, that continually pushed plot in interesting way with great visuals

I really don’t understand complaints about it being that hard to follow. Characters stated things that were decent foreshadowing throughout so you had an idea of what it was building toward

Screambear is the most terrifying thing I've seen in the past two years. And it's not even a horror movie.

That scene was very well done and creepy. I feel like if you break the movie down to its most memorable sequences that is definitely near the top.

JJL’s character really irked me in the earlygoing with her droning monotone voice and lack of empathy. That said, they made her a bit more of a sad character as you learned about her circumstances.

Quality performances across the board.

I just saw this movie last night it was good. It doesn't give you clear cut answers on the bigger question like whether the shimmer is alien based, religious/God creation, or something else. They leave some stuff for you to decide or to simply remain a mystery. Solid 4/5

I didnt catch that she actually had the tattoo...are you sure about the tattoo part?

what you said does make sense

Back