ANNIHILATION from Ex Machina Writer/Director (87% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

If you have seen ANNIHILATION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
anyone read the books?

I was wondering what the 8 or infinity symbol signified on her arm

I read the first one. Pretty terrible imo.

The changes the film made were great.

The film was good for the first 85 percent, and I understand that it's setting itself up for a sequel, but it left several unanswered questions and things that were unclear.

I had to read some other sources online for further clarification , and I missed some obvious symbolism and references to earlier parts of the film.

6/10

Lena's tattoo is prominent during early interrogation scenes, one of which followed by a flashback sequence that focuses on the same arm without the tattoo. At the end the film fits this little symbol into Lena's glass of water, the opposite of cell division, where the water on the glass comes together rather than divides. It might just be my eye playing tricks on me, but if true it neatly bookends the cup images at the beginning.

I was watching that damn water so closely and when I saw that coming together I figured it was just a fluke, interesting to see someone else mention it.

tumblr_p5hmy4ajTK1qgojgxo2_500.gif

I was watching that damn water so closely and when I saw that coming together I figured it was just a fluke, interesting to see someone else mention it.
giphy.gif

Screenshot_67.png

Saw it. Loved it. Didn't realize I was going to a horror movie.

Can someone answer a few questions I have?

Why did they send in an all-women team? Was that ever answered? I know the women explained they were all broken, but that wouldn't explain why the army would send them in.

Weren't they all in the military? Why did that woman ask Lena "where did you learn to shoot like that?" If they weren't military, why did they send in untrained personnel with automatic weapons?

Saw it. Loved it. Didn't realize I was going to a horror movie.

Can someone answer a few questions I have?

Why did they send in an all-women team? Was that ever answered? I know the women explained they were all broken, but that wouldn't explain why the army would send them in.

Weren't they all in the military? Why did that woman ask Lena "where did you learn to shoot like that?" If they weren't military, why did they send in untrained personnel with automatic weapons?

Each expedition had a different make up of personnel. This happened to be all female

Criminally underseen. I hate the fact that this bombed.

Go out & see this, ya buncha fuckin' goofs.

Do you wanna see a fuckin' good movie?

<31>

Criminally underseen. I hate the fact that this bombed.

Go out & see this, ya buncha fuckin' goofs.

Do you wanna see a fuckin' good movie?

<31>

The majority only cares when the next Comic Book movie is coming out.

Annihilation is a 2018 sci-fi horror movie staring Natalie Portman as some chick who goes into "the shimmer" to face an alien threat.
Trailer:

It's a decent movie, but a while after watching it, I realized its just an inferior version of John Carpenter's classic The Thing.
eg:
1) Movie opens with an alien life form crashing to earth like an asteroid
2) An isolated team, without any way to communicate with the outside world, faces this threat
3) Their first interaction with this alien comes in the form of mutated animal life
4) They gradually find evidence of a previous team's destruction at the hands of the alien, including finding a human body torn apart and now oozing alien life
5) One character from the team ties the others to a chair to figure out which one cannot be trusted
6) While characters are tied up, alien life attacks
7) Alien imitates the form of the humans, leading to confusion over character's identity

Portman looks good in it, but the one dude hangs dong.
So I recommend skipping it and just rewatching The Thing

The movie is pretty similar, but the books it's based on are very different from the movie and take it in a totally different direction.

Don’t even get me started.

<{clintugh}>

Redlettermedia predicts pretty well what'll happen in the future.
Cinematic releases will be reserved for Comic Book Movies (or whatever is popular then) and remakes , while movies that are deemed "too smart" for the general audience will be put on streaming services, severely limiting their earning potential.

Better invest in a badass home cinema setup...................

Annihilation is a 2018 sci-fi horror movie staring Natalie Portman as some chick who goes into "the shimmer" to face an alien threat.
Trailer:

It's a decent movie, but a while after watching it, I realized its just an inferior version of John Carpenter's classic The Thing.
eg:
1) Movie opens with an alien life form crashing to earth like an asteroid
2) An isolated team, without any way to communicate with the outside world, faces this threat
3) Their first interaction with this alien comes in the form of mutated animal life
4) They gradually find evidence of a previous team's destruction at the hands of the alien, including finding a human body torn apart and now oozing alien life
5) One character from the team ties the others to a chair to figure out which one cannot be trusted
6) While characters are tied up, alien life attacks
7) Alien imitates the form of the humans, leading to confusion over character's identity

Portman looks good in it, but the one dude hangs dong.
So I recommend skipping it and just rewatching The Thing

As much as I like The Thing, Annihilation is better.

I thought it had its moments, the mutant bear was creepy.
The ending was not very good, and what happened to Raddick (valkyrie from Thor). She just wanders off and turns into a plant?

no......its really not

I heard this was garbage.

maybe to bums that only enjoy casual easy to digest garbage like the latest FAST FURIOUS 13.

its a very creative and mind blowing movie. I'd say one of the best movies in a long time

I don’t see it...similarities yes, but you can say that about just about every movies out there today....So much has been covered in most of the chanres, it’s very difficult to be totally original...I liked both movies in very different ways..

Back