Another 80s synth pop / New Wave thread

Falconkick

A charming asshole
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Here we are. Needed to lighten up my mood so figure Id get the Mayberry to roll an 80s synth gauntlet.

Starting with this gem I have not heard in years.

These boys from Melbourne also helped out on Friday the 13th part 5 with the classic "His eyes"

Lets hear some more golden 80s synth tunes. Very interested too hear fans of the genre on Listening, such a good tune!!

Cool thread, TS! I love the songs in your OP, and love that style in general.

Does this count as synth? I'm not even sure.

Last edited:

Talking Heads are so good. Keep it coming people!! ❤ also you are the man glad you dug the tunes. Listening is a banger, I haven't heard it in years its blowing my mind all over again

Last edited:

tumblr_mnxtn1bPLB1sqqf0oo1_500.gif

Weird that I'm able to add to the list (don't tell anyone)

Last edited:
Was there a reason for why synth music was so popular in the 80s, a fascination with new tech? Home PCs were becoming mainstream at that time.

Weird that I'm able to add to the list (don't tell anyone)

You call yourself a Tuf guy? Seriously bro. Great mentions. State of the Nation is killer. though not my favorite by ABC they are a great band

You call yourself a Tuf guy? Seriously bro. Great mentions. State of the Nation is killer. though not my favorite by ABC they are a great band
Yeah, not really my genre exactly, but on Sundays, a handful of years back, I used to listen to a station, on the way to work, that plays throwback '80s songs.

I'm actually more of a '90s and such hiphop type first (who likes a pretty eclectic mix of stuff otherwise) - which is why

I was never here

AlertPopularAfricanbushviper-size_restricted.gif

featuring a very skinny Ricky Gervais

Back