Another 80s synth pop / New Wave thread

dat wrap sweater in da OP. S's'good

Couple of lesser known DP single I love long time below:

The bass playing on this is exquisite

Highly underrated and often overlooked. XTC made some pretty catchy tunes and I especially like Making Plans For Nigel

Here we are. Needed to lighten up my mood so figure Id get the Mayberry to roll an 80s synth gauntlet.

Starting with this gem I have not heard in years.

These boys from Melbourne also helped out on Friday the 13th part 5 with the classic "His eyes"

Lets hear some more golden 80s synth tunes. Very interested too hear fans of the genre on Listening, such a good tune!!

Finally!! it's time to recognise that New Wave was and is the GOAT music Genre.

Welcome to your new favorite song :

{<diva} YOU'RE WELCOME.

Last edited:
Finally!! it's time to recognise that New Wave was and is the GOAT music Genere.

Welcome to your new favorite song :

{<diva} YOU'RE WELCOME.

Wow very nice, have not heard this before. Thanks for the mention I will look more into these guys

Wow very nice, have not heard this before. Thanks for the mention I will look more into these guys

Another song to touch your soul and haunt you this evening.

:meow: NEW WAVE FOREVER, MOTHER FUKERS !! WHAT !! ??

giphy.gif

This thread's alright

Was there a reason for why synth music was so popular in the 80s, a fascination with new tech? Home PCs were becoming mainstream at that time.

It was also their version of Hippie Transgressivism, people don't always see that

Us euros had the same thing back home with the 80s getting an overall corporate reputation, very business-forward and yuppie higher class favored than anything spiritual or long-haired free-flowing

but holy fuck man, listen to how synthesizers were written during the period

high-art trance fundamentals all over the place, not only that but filtered through driving syncopated beats, something many tech and trance DJs today don't even bother to coordinate, with more transitions in general and less rythmic backbone flowing throughout

that's some deft long-form expressionism hidden in beats that nowadays get called simple

Here we are. Needed to lighten up my mood so figure Id get the Mayberry to roll an 80s synth gauntlet.

Starting with this gem I have not heard in years.

These boys from Melbourne also helped out on Friday the 13th part 5 with the classic "His eyes"

Lets hear some more golden 80s synth tunes. Very interested too hear fans of the genre on Listening, such a good tune!!

Here's a YT chanel for all you people missing the 80s synth sound:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrimeThanatos/featured

example:

Back