Another BAMMA champions signs with Bellator

Koniradi98

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

First FW champ Crawford then LW champ Scope and now MW champ Shipman.
Even Aaron Chalmers is now fighting for Bellator.
Bellator is milking Bamma.

How about they actually give us an avenue to watch live in the U.K.

Does the contract say it's exclusively with Bellator, as they've had fighters in the past who've fought on Bellator cards but went back to fight with BAMMA. Fabian Edwards, Alex Lahore, Nathan Jones, etc.

How about they actually give us an avenue to watch live in the U.K.

This.

Not to mention Bellator 200 won't be live anywhere. If you want the results first hand, you will have to be there live. It's on tape delay even in the US.

Bellator making power plays in the UK, but I feel for the fans across the pond. Crazy to think that you could actually be standing outside of the venue where the Bellator event is taking place, as it’s taking place, but can’t watch said event on tv until hours later.

Viacom is a media company at the end of the day though.

<mma4> Perfect opponent for Tokov

Cool to see Bellator pick up solid fighters from BAMMA.

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't bamma basically vacate a bunch of their divisions championships and have their champs sign with the UFC a while ago, making these fighters great prospects but basically paper BAMMA champs, or is that another euro org i'm thinking of?

This.

Not to mention Bellator 200 won't be live anywhere. If you want the results first hand, you will have to be there live. It's on tape delay even in the US.
U fucking serious

Unfortunately, yes.

Helwani mentions it all the time saying how absurd it is.
Considering they're owned by a company who owns multiple TV channels, it's pretty ridiculous.

LOL

Edit: And the former BAMMA LW champs faces a guy with a 4:4 record and on a 2 fight losing streak.

Last edited:

LOL

Edit: And the former BAMMA LW champs faces a guy with a 4:4 record on a 2 fight losing streak.

Why do BAMMA and Bellator insist on feeding their prospects cans? I swear Aaron Pico is the only one who takes proper fights.

I wouldn't mind can-rushing in MMA if guys actually fought more. 3 cans and 1 legit fight a year is better than 2 cans a year and maybe a legit fight every two years.

looks like bellator wants to make sure that all of their new European signings win in london. This card honestly has the potential to be bellator's biggest ever, but i hate the squashes as much as the next guy.

LOL

Edit: And the former BAMMA LW champs faces a guy with a 4:4 record and on a 2 fight losing streak.

I'm fcking tired of these squash matches
They don't have any excuse for those

I'm fcking tired of these squash matches
They don't have any excuse for those
To be fair the headline for the Mike Shipman fight makes it seem worse than it is. Carl Noon has beaten Chris Fields, (TUF 19 contestant and former Cage Warriors champion) Bola Omoyele, (TUF Smashes contestant) and he gave UFC fighter Jack Marshman a good fight too.

To be fair the headline for the Mike Shipman fight makes it seem worse than it is. Carl Noon has beaten Chris Fields, (TUF 19 contestant and former Cage Warriors champion) Bola Omoyele, (TUF Smashes contestant) and he gave UFC fighter Jack Marshman a good fight too.

Yeah but the guy hasn't fought in 7 years
I don't know if he was doing something else like Boxing or whatever, but that is a helluva time

Yeah but the guy hasn't fought in 7 years
I don't know if he was doing something else like Boxing or whatever, but that is a helluva time
Definitely. One thing I don't know is how old he is either. If he's been working on his skills all that time and/or has been competing in other martial arts then this could be closer than some people think though, the dude was no bum when he was fighting.

Back