Another casualty by USADA

Coke and weed should be fine. What the heck... let them snort a line with Buffer right before the fight, man.
THE WINNER!!! VIA TAP! OUT! DUE TO EXCESSIVE TALKING!!! BRRRADLEEEEEYYYYY 'MOTORMOUTHSHITTALKINGPRICK' SCOOOOOOTTTTT!!

Wow for cocaine two years is steep, Jones is lucky USADA wasn’t there in 2014 when he got busted for cocaine, I. Don’t think he even got a suspension for it, he got it for the hit and run accident
What are you talking about???
He got a fucking full ONE DAY suspension at a SPA er..... rehabilitation place!!!

well, ok... more a night out, but still man... HARSH!!!!

Wow for cocaine two years is steep, Jones is lucky USADA wasn’t there in 2014 when he got busted for cocaine, I. Don’t think he even got a suspension for it, he got it for the hit and run accident

Yup. Jones got a fine for his cocaine positive, and even admitted to doing cocaine weeks before the fight.

Such a joke.

the metabolite is detectable for 72 hours afte4r administration but USADA will look at the levels in the sample, speak to the athlete and look to see if when the athlete claimed he took it and how much matches what is present in the sample.

usada statement says that he was unable to provide any verifiable evidence.
So pretty much he was snorting fight week in the hotel and couldnt come up with an excuse.

Right? There is no other way to interpret this

Bradley Scott, 29, tested positive for benzoylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine and accepted a two-year sanction for his violation under the UFC® Anti-Doping Program.

https://ufc.usada.org/bradley-scott-accepts-doping-sanction/

Isnt 2 days prior to the competition the limit? I guess it means this dude was snorting in his hotel fight week or something.

bradley-scott-scales-ufc-manchester.jpg
In competition is essentially from weigh ins until after post-fight medicals. Obviously, it could be in his system from before that, but coke gets out of your system relatively quickly.

2 years for coke metabolites?

usada is definitely fair and just and has no bias or agenda.

Yup. Jones got a fine for his cocaine positive, and even admitted to doing cocaine weeks before the fight.

Such a joke.
Jones got a fine because his positive was from an out-of-competition test. He shouldn't even have been tested for coke, as it wasn't banned by NV out of competition. Essentially, either the lab or NSAC fucked up the requisition, then they fucked up by publishing the results, and because of that felt that they had to do something. So he got the fine, and the UFC sent him to rehab.

Jones should have sued the commission over that bullshit, and I think Jones is a complete asshat.

This guy got popped on his pre-fight test, where coke is actually prohibited.

No, Jones got fucked over by USADA not doing the testing. If they had, he never would have been tested for it and never would have gotten the fine.

Jones got a fine because his positive was from an out-of-competition test. He shouldn't even have been tested for coke, as it wasn't banned by NV out of competition. Essentially, either the lab or NSAC fucked up the requisition, then they fucked up by publishing the results, and because of that felt that they had to do something. So he got the fine, and the UFC sent him to rehab.

Jones should have sued the commission over that bullshit, and I think Jones is a complete asshat.

This guy got popped on his pre-fight test, where coke is actually prohibited.

LOL @ Sherdog forum posters trying to defend Jon Jones cocaine positive test.

Any judge would have laughed Jones' lawsuit out of the courtroom.

Surpised to see him called a UFC fighter, could've sworn he was cut when he lost to Pedersoli and USADA also collared him. 1-3 in his past 4, and a general nobody in the UFC, should see him officially cut soon. Scott has never been fully committed to, nor particularly good at MMA to be honest. One of those generic 'big lumps' who are strong, have good cardio but no specific skillset - just a big, durable tough guy for the weight class.

I'm not defending Jones taking coke. I'm saying the commission fine was bullshit, because it was. They had no authority to test him for it.

jones was out of comp. cocaine isnt prohibited out of comp

Jones is also one of USADA's employer's main draws. Little detail there.

I called Jones fighting in 2018 way before the 15 months "suspension". Dana wouldn't send the same envelopes to the same people for Bradley Scott.

I called Jones fighting in 2018 way before the 15 months "suspension". Dana wouldn't send the same envelopes to the same people for Bradley Scott.
How is Jones failing a bullshit cocaine test 6 months before USADA came in related to him being a big draw for USADA customer?

How is Jones failing a bullshit cocaine test 6 months before USADA came in related to him being a big draw for USADA customer?

It doesn't. The point was that if it was Jones who failed this sort of test, I doubt there'd be a 2 year suspension based on USADA's prior treatment of Jones.

2 years for coke metabolites?

usada is definitely fair and just and has no bias or agenda.
dont get hung up on the word metabolites.

some people like to portray metabolites at meaning a tiny amount, or something that hangs around for months after administration.

its purely what cocaine metabolises into once in the body, and the primary test for cocaine has always been for the specific metabolite that has a 72 hour detection window

well no, they wouldnt.

his sample should not have been analysed for cocaine

the results of the testing should not have been made public because in a sporting context he did nothing wrong

thems the facts.

no, the little detail is:

Jones did absolutely nothing wrong, cocaine is not prohibited out of competition

Brad absolutely did something wrong, cocaine is prohibited in competition

in not sure why you are so determined to draw parallels between the two when they arent comparable.

Back