Another day, another broken promise. Cuts to Medicare & Medicaid

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/363642-ryan-pledges-entitlement-reform-in-2018

Remember the Republican motto "The rich can do more with more, while the poor can do more with less".

Ha! I love it. This is how you impeach trump.

Let all the old people wake up to what the grand old party actually is today, and Democrats will take the house and senate, and then they can actually impeach trump.

Fyi, you don't need a reason to impeach a president, you just need the votes.

I'm Georgia-born and raised, let me tell you....

There will be a loud wailing and gnashing of teeth when Medicare & Medicaid get the axe. But, hey...

It's what THEY (not me) voted for.

hi and good to see you, Strychnine,

i don't know, my friend...this reminds me a little of the recent tax "reform", where blue states got walloped pretty hard by the SALT elimination.

per capita, blue states have the highest per capita spending on Medicaid.

*muses*

its interesting. it's like the Southern states have ultimately triumphed despite their setback in 1865.

- IGIT

Hmm...I'll take "black people" for $100 Bob
Mass reduction in population.

Automation in industry always brings recession/depression because people are put out of work, among other factors.

Eventually, we'll head toward a system of living in which the poor and dumb are scarcely needed.

That's where eugenics comes into play. Eugenics never went away; it's been lurking in the shadows after WWII under the guise of other research, especially the Human Genome Project. People are having fewer children already anyway, and imported hordes (meant to destroy the dominant culture) will soon enough arrive at the same point. At that point they become expendable. Meanwhile, the (((oligarchs))) move forward with their idea of the master race, but through designer babies.

Sad stuff, the future.

Close, but no latke.

Fix the fraud, we can save us all a lot of money.

Make the punishment for that so severe, a doctor wouldn't even consider it

https://healthpayerintelligence.com/news/commercial-payer-medicare-medicaid-fraud-cases-top-49.1m
Sure, reducing and prosecuting medicare fraud is something everyone can get behind.

It's also something that has absolutely nothing to do with slashing the budgets for programs that literally keep people alive.

Cut the fraud first (the amounts will be smaller than you may expect) and then if we somehow have unused extra funds you can justify cutting the budget.

It makes zero sense to cut the budget, leave people scrambling for care, and then MAYBE make up the difference through finding fraud.

Fix the fraud, we can save us all a lot of money.

Make the punishment for that so severe, a doctor wouldn't even consider it

https://healthpayerintelligence.com/news/commercial-payer-medicare-medicaid-fraud-cases-top-49.1m

hello Mark Hunts FIST,

i've heard "Fix the fraud, we can save us all alot of money", or variations of that sentiment my entire life, from both Democrats and Republicans, both in government and on various political forums.

that's a little like saying, "stop crime, then we won't have any".

it's actually not that easy.

you have to factor in the inevitable bumps in the road when making a legislative roadmap - and if you don't - you're going to be an unhappy camper somewhere down the road.

e.g. - take a look at the GOP and their growth projections that they predict will follow their tax cut; in GOP-Land, recessions never happen.

- IGIT

The GOP is the worst mainstream party in the western world.

There isn't a more disgusting party in the first world.

Helping the middle class?!
time_paulryan_20111205_0402.jpg

Favored legislation for billionaire donors?
a_250x375.w1200.h630.jpg

heya KONG-D'SNT-TAP,

if you put a gun to my head and told me you'd blow a canal through my frontal lobe if i answered dishonestly and asked me, "what does the GOP, in 2017, stand for?"

i'd have to answer "regressive tax reform" and would be incapable of coming up with anything else for the list.

- IGIT

heya KONG-D'SNT-TAP,

if you put a gun to my head and told me you'd blow a canal through my frontal lobe if i answered dishonestly and asked me, "what does the GOP, in 2017, stand for?"

i'd have to answer "regressive tax reform" and would be incapable of coming up with anything else for the list.

- IGIT

I just don't see a mainstream party anywhere that undermines the majority quite like the current GOP.

These voters are so twisted and morally bankrupt they won't lose a seat
The in-built advantages from gerrymandering are going to be put to the test, but I suspect will carry them through this cycle. And anything less than successfully securing at least one half of the legislative will be met with cries from the GOP that they have a mandate. Armed in such a way, they will (as Lincoln once described someone) steal everything save a red hot stove. It will be a complete free for all.

If only somehow there was a way you were able to make people pay for their own healthcare, instead of the Government. Like if you could somehow mandate every individual carry their own health insurance policy or something.

I voted for Trump hoping these programs would be cut. Too much funding goes into both Medicare and Medicaid and it’s time for change. They really do more harm than good. Medicaid is especially a disgusting program that promotes laziness.
cant work if you are too sick to go.

Old/poor people can't vote us out for slashing Medicare/Medicaid if they die first.

<seedat>

Who needs immigrants taking govt dollars when you have more born and raised americans who see it as their god given right to collect welfare.

Back