Another Impressive Body Shot KO for Pico, But He Really Needs That Cagetime.

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Genuinely impressed with how well Pico has rebounded since his debut. He has put very experienced fighters away quickly, but I feel like he isn’t getting the cagetime that he needs to grow as an MMAer.

He tends to slug, putting everything into his shots, and it produces some fun fights, but he tends to leave himself open in the process.

Also, what will happen when he loads up in the first round against a fighter who weathers the storm?

Tons of potential, but I feel like the time is now to work on gamplanning and such.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Always fun to watch up and comers to see what happens when they first get into a real war. Some guys crumble, some guys even change their style or seem tentative after, and others shine and become a star in that moment

At this stage i would love a rematch with Zach Freeman... i mean cleaning his only loss can be huge to sell him as the next big thing...

Remember when he lost his debut and everyone was talking hella shit???? Lol. Now they all up on pico .

We'll just have to find out one day.

I don't know his schedule outside of MMA or any lingering injuries after recent fights but he should be put on cards each month if he's winning fights in a couple of minutes without breaking a sweat. That's the only way to get him more experience and cage time with the way he's been winning against this level of competition. But I bet Bellator doesn't want to burn through his contract.

Time for him to fight better competition!

He has fought very solid competition considering he is only 4 fights into his career. I think he should stay at this level for at least a couple more fights.

At this stage i would love a rematch with Zach Freeman... i mean cleaning his only loss can be huge to sell him as the next big thing...

I think you fail to realize Pico has dropped to FEATHERWEIGHT ,and Freeman is a 155er.

Pico isn't the smaller guy at 145 and his power is showing more which is great for him.I understand the concern that he's not getting cage time but he's no ordinary fighter. The kid has been boxing,wrestling,and doing pankration fights since a very young age and trains with excellent trainers and fighters as you see his evolution every fight. He is doing very well making experienced guys look like 0-3 scrubs he truly is one of the hottest prospects to watch.

He has fought very solid competition considering he is only 4 fights into his career. I think he should stay at this level for at least a couple more fights.
I agree with is. Can’t remember off the top of my head,but the dude who Pico just fought had like 25 fights on his record.

I feel like Pico is actual fighting people who are over expperienced relative to pico’s own pro record.

Some guys are just better based on their background. Its like Cain being in the UFC after 4 fights..... This guy is on another level.

I actually thought Morrison was going to be too much at this point in time. He's a very solid vet who acquitted himself quite well in Russia against tough fighters like Marat Gafurov.

Pico obliterated him.

Remember when he lost his debut and everyone was talking hella shit???? Lol. Now they all up on pico .

he's a can and isn't even fighting guys worth a damn. Feed him to Patricio.

I think you fail to realize Pico has dropped to FEATHERWEIGHT ,and Freeman is a 155er.

Pico isn't the smaller guy at 145 and his power is showing more which is great for him.I understand the concern that he's not getting cage time but he's no ordinary fighter. The kid has been boxing,wrestling,and doing pankration fights since a very young age and trains with excellent trainers and fighters as you see his evolution every fight. He is doing very well making experienced guys look like 0-3 scrubs he truly is one of the hottest prospects to watch.

He's fighting part time fighters and he's full time all the time with the resources behind him. Kid has no chin and weak as fuck submissions.

I'm fine with him doing this for at least ten more fights. He's insanely young and needs experience.

The guy has all the potential in the world.

Hope he keeps progressing into some better opponents. There is no rush for him, he will no doubt become a great fighter.

U sure must hate him. He bully u back in high school? Lol

No I was 185 in highschool, he wasn't in my weight class jr.

People hyping someone up when he hasn't fought any real fighters yet is funny to me.

No I was 185 in highschool, he wasn't in my weight class jr.

People hyping someone up when he hasn't fought any real fighters yet is funny to me.

I don't see any hype in this thread. People are actually being quite reasonable in saying he's "allowed" to gain more experience on this level of competition. Actually you are the one going into the extreme.. in a bad way obviously.

Quick question: did anyone get what Pico said to Big John right before the cage interview? Big John responded with "You sure did, brother." and started the interview.

Nice to see a young fighter firing off those devastating body shots. Most older fighters don't even try fight ending liver shots they are always throwing head shots. Those liver shots can change a fight in an instant as Shlemenko and Pico have shown.

I don't see any hype in this thread. People are actually being quite reasonable in saying he's "allowed" to gain more experience on this level of competition. Actually you are the one going into the extreme.. in a bad way obviously.

Quick question: did anyone get what Pico said to Big John right before the cage interview? Big John responded with "You sure did, brother." and started the interview.

My bad I guess his entire life is stuck to one thread.

I'll check myself for thinking outside of a page on sherdog.

Back