Another McGregor Teammate Chris Van Heerden Turns Snitch, Says He Doesn’t Hit That Hard

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
“I was not phased by his power at all,” Van Heerden said. “I’ve been in the ring with a lot of guys that can hit, and I’ve been hit way harder by guys wearing 16-ounce gloves and head gear on. I was not phased, so it’s difficult for me to say what his power is like because honestly, I was not phased.”

http://mmaimports.com/2018/01/another-mcgregor-teammate-turns-snitch-says-doesnt-hit-hard/

Throwback: sparring in 2016

My note: I think McGregors "power" is a result of his precision and timing to, hes very precise when he hits with the MMA gloves.. and the angles he creates when he hits. the opponent stays mostly more "vulnerable" when he hits. example the aldo fight. he cant do that with boxing gloves how he can do it with MMA gloves. so a head gear will take away the precision but i can understand that his "raw power" isnt that high for a boxer.

conor is an mma fighter
not a boxer
a novice boxer would destroy him
/thread

conor is an mma fighter
not a boxer
/thread

Khabib is a MMA fighter to and can fight another raw grapplers in grappling.
Conor is a boxer-striker in MMA but he cant compete with raw boxers in boxing.

i think its interesting.

Last edited:
conor is an mma fighter
not a boxer
/thread

I don't think so. A novice boxer would not destroy Conor McGregor. I don't like Conor but lets not get a little crazy here.

Everyone that's not stupid knows that McGregor is a totally overrated loser promoted and propped up by the UFC hype machine. McGregor would get TKO/subbed by almost every fighter in the lightweight top 10.

“I was not phased by his power at all,” Van Heerden said. “I’ve been in the ring with a lot of guys that can hit, and I’ve been hit way harder by guys wearing 16-ounce gloves and head gear on. I was not phased, so it’s difficult for me to say what his power is like because honestly, I was not phased.”

http://mmaimports.com/2018/01/another-mcgregor-teammate-turns-snitch-says-doesnt-hit-hard/

Throwback: sparring in 2016

My note: I think McGregors "power" is a result of his precision and timing to, hes very precise when he hits with the MMA gloves.. and the angles he creates when he hits. the opponent stays mostly more "vulnerable" when he hits. example the aldo fight. he cant do that with boxing gloves how he can do it with MMA gloves. so a head gear will take away the precision but i can understand that his "raw power" isnt that high for a boxer.

Why do you think Conor hides from fighting. He even knows he’s overrated.

Boxing power doesn't count.. 16 oz gloves. Lol. Pillow fights.

Khabib is a MMA fighter to and can fight another raw grapplers in grappling.
Conor is a boxer-striker in MMA but he cant compete with raw boxers in boxing in the way he do in the cage.

i think its interesting.

Mostly because elite boxers box, they make money doing it.

Elite grapplers fight MMA because they can't make legit money grappling.

I've always said that the best MMA fighters would be fighters who learn to box from a very early age up until their mid 20s while learning TDD and BJJ defense along the way.

Conor went from a karate fighter to a boxer around the Aldo fight

conor is an mma fighter
not a boxer
/thread
Idk I think that's an exaggeration. I've seen pros just getting their careers started that look like absolute shit. Conor isn't as bad as people make him out to be. His biggest issue is cardio

Idk I think that's an exaggeration. I've seen pros just getting their careers started that look like absolute shit. Conor isn't as bad as people make him out to be. His biggest issue is cardio
any top amateur would smash him

floyd carried him

the end

Van Heerden never was a "teamate" of Conor. McGregor went to his gym to spar with him.

That dude fought Errol Spence and other pretty legit boxer and I guess that he trained with some pretty legit one as well.

Of course Conor doesnt hit as hard as them and its way tougher to catch a good boxer with a clean shot than an mma fighter. No knock on Conor, he's a pretty legit fighter but its 2 different world

lol

He said this a year and a half ago... Literally during the build up of McGregor-Diaz 2.

Van Heerden would get embarrassed by McGregor in the Octagon and I hate to sound like a Nuthugger, by why people continue to say he doesn't hit hard despite being in 16oz gloves and wearing head gear is a mystery to me. 4oz gloves are as close as it gets to the knuckles and bones and is a more accurate way to measure how hard he hits, and from the looks of it

conor-drops-alvarez1.gif

xpwN5Bf.gif

GoodEminentHyrax.gif

cm4_360.gif
conor-mcgregor-56.gif

When he connects clean, they fall, I'd love to see Van Heerden take the shots Nate, and Eddie took and still stand.

I don't think so. A novice boxer would not destroy Conor McGregor. I don't like Conor but lets not get a little crazy here.

It's impossible for Sherdog to say anything good or bad about Conor McGregor without being a little bit crazy.

The key is not his power, it's his ability to throw punches with great precision they don't see coming. However, a pro boxer will see those punches coming, diminishing the "shock" power.

He's still talking about that one sparring session.

Jeez

Back