Another One Bites the Dust: EA Acquires ReSpawn for $455m (Titanfall Developer)

I just watched a video on the BF2 P2W model. Apparently completing every achievement in the game will unlock like 1% of the content. To unlock the rest requires grinding over 10m credits or spending over $4,000. If you grind to unlock every hero and card, it will take something like 600 hours, if you're lucky.

I love Star Wars, but I won't support a game with that business model.

<6>

Jesus fucking Christ

soon EA will buy Ubisoft and we'll be greeted by a mutant Origins/Uplay monster

I just watched a video on the BF2 P2W model. Apparently completing every achievement in the game will unlock like 1% of the content. To unlock the rest requires grinding over 10m credits or spending over $4,000. If you grind to unlock every hero and card, it will take something like 600 hours, if you're lucky.

I love Star Wars, but I won't support a game with that business model.

Want a good laugh, check out the BattleFront 2 reddit. That place is in full melt down. A post by an EA PR stooge just set the Reddit record for most downvotes by 50k & still counting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...f0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/

it's definitely the era of big corps/conglomerates buying out all kinds of devs.

for the worse, pretty much always.

Wonder if there is some tech or pipeline game that EA really wants. Don’t think that the Titanfall franchise is worth the money.

Back