Another Showcase Fight. AJ McKee vs Daniel Crawford Booked For Bellator Salute The Troops

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/record-holder-aj-mckee-booked-for-bellator-salute-the-troops

A featherweight bout between A.J. McKee and Daniel Crawford is the latest addition to December’s “Bellator and USO Present: Salute the Troops” lineup.

MMAjunkie confirmed the matchup between McKee (12-0 MMA, 12-0 BMMA) and Crawford (10-2 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) with multiple people close to the situation. The people requested anonymity because Bellator has yet to make an official announcement.

“Bellator and USO Present: Salute the Troops” takes place Dec. 14 at Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. The event is expected to air on Paramount and DAZN following prelims streamed on MMAjunkie.

Related
A.J. McKee proclaims 'I am the GOAT' after 12th straight win, says Bellator title win 'inevitable'
Twitter reacts to A.J. McKee's brutal KO of John Teixeira at Bellator 205
McKee, 23, is the current owner of the longest winning streak in Bellator history. He’s won 12 consecutive fights with the promotion, including a 69-second knockout of John Teixeira at Bellator 205 in September.

Crawford, meanwhile, made his Bellator debut in May, suffering a split-decision loss to Pedro Carvalho at Bellator 200. The defeat snapped a four-fight winning streak for Crawford.

The latest Bellator “Salute the Troops” lineup includes:

• Champ Brent Primus vs. Michael Chandler – for lightweight title
  • Javy Ayala vs. Frank Mir
  • Daniel Crawford vs. A.J. McKee
  • Alejandra Lara vs. Juliana Velasquez

Rich Chou special. Thought they were gonna book him vs a top contender for a possible title shot and instead they give him this.

Maybe it's just me but I like this fight.

What better way to support America's troops than having one of their fighters can crush some foreignor?

Rich Chou special
Exactly.... why not AJ against someone like Corrales or even Lahat that has some name value as UFC vet... also where is Pat Curran... or Daniel Straus....even Sam Sicilia was a better option...
HAHAHAHAAH

makes sense puts him and whoever wins between lil pit and Sanchez on the same timeline

Dude has 12 Bellator wins a row and is still being booked like a guy with 5 fights they need to protect.

Fully expect Chou to book Pico vs Chinzo next.

Exactly.... why not AJ against someone like Corrales or even Lahat that has some name value as UFC vet... also where is Pat Curran... or Daniel Straus....even Sam Sicilia was a better option...
HAHAHAHAAH

Pretty much run down the list from Curran, Weichel, Straus, Macapa, Corrales, Lahat, Higo, Sam etc, none of them are ready? Shit then book him vs another prospect like Archuleta.

Damn that’s crazy. McKee should be taking a step up. Crawford isn’t necessarily a guaranteed win, but he’s not one of the top FWs out there. McKee vs Archuleta would’ve been a good fight. Why not even Weichel. The guy is 12-0.

I consistently root for AJ. I like his style, he's a local guy, etc. Honestly, this is a stupid fight for him. If AJ has a serious weakness, it's that he's so talented he takes things for granted and gets lazy. I liked the Macapa fight because we knew AJ wouldn't be too cocky once he got into the cage. Look at the results. It was the same thing against Mozzata, who was a step up at the time. When he knows he's in a serious fight he fights a lot more seriously. I think giving him easy fights is causing him to develop bad habits.

He's not ready for Pitbull, IMO, but he should be taking on top fight 145ers at this point.

I thought Crawford was one of the steals from BAMMA. Considered a jobber already?

Anyway, it does seem like at best a lateral fight from Macapa if not a step down so I’m not feeling it much.

McKee was a couple of weeks away from fighting Pat Curran so I doubt they’re afraid to test him. Especially with how easily he starched Macapa.

I thought Crawford was one of the steals from BAMMA. Considered a jobber already?

Anyway, it does seem like at best a lateral fight from Macapa if not a step down so I’m not feeling it much.

McKee was a couple of weeks away from fighting Pat Curran so I doubt they’re afraid to test him. Especially with how easily he starched Macapa.
Yeah he was given showcase fight then lost so his hype fanished but he still better then people are giving credit for

Crawford is a good fighter and a bamma champ, but i get the point. Aj mckee should be next in line. This probably tells us that caldwell is challenging next

Back