Another video showing good technical sparring.. | Page 2

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Frode Falch, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Frode Falch Gold Belt

Frode Falch
    You can spar harder in boxing. Even thais spar kinda hard when they do pure boxing sparring.

When you ad kicks and knees. Its hard to get a good flow going at full contact.

2. Inquisitus Blue Belt

Inquisitus
    When they spar kicks, they just let it go.

biscuitsbrah and Frode Falch like this.
  3. Hotora86 火虎 空手道

Hotora86
    You trolling a troll? :p

j123 likes this.
  4. devante Silver Belt

devante

THATS EXACTLY WHY

5. devante Silver Belt

devante

BEEN THERE BEFORE, luckily i have also gotten to train w/pros and active ammys who understand the context of pace, situational awareness, letting a guy work and working on things of their own.

but i get the conundrum...u don't want to get walked over; so your coach is saying get their respect, but when there is such a disadvantage in conditioning skill and durability its hard to really get respect... Cus you don't crack hard enough or take it well enough to "back them off" and clearly exchanges are the times its easiest to get hit so it makes u defensive. Which also gets u hit cus they know you aren't firing off...

its a tough spot...theoretically u have to crack them a good couple'a times to make them at least be responsible and disciplined in their offense instead of teeing off. The real life execution of this can be a bit of a diff thing to do.

6. Uchi Mata Gold Belt

Uchi Mata
    It's getting better every week as I get more comfortable defensively and get in better shape/am able to conserve energy better as I relax more. I also have 10-20 lbs on my main sparring partners which helps a lot. But basically you're right, I think I just have to go for it and if I land some good shots awesome, if I don't hit them hard well at least I'm throwing back. I definitely had more success with same time counters and keeping people at the end of my range this week, it's just a process like learning anything else.

7. j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

j123
    Let them bang mang!

8. biscuitsbrah Black Belt

biscuitsbrah
    When it comes to sparring partners and the balance of power in the gym, ive found that you gotta walk the line and play the game.
    Its a necessity when you are dealing with highly competitive and ego driven mma guys.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 4:36 PM