Answer My Question Please, I Need Clarification

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, when you bet a certain amount of money and win, what you win isn't ALL that you get back, right? You get that + What you bet in the first place, is that correct?

So, if I bet $200 let's say on Gastelum next weekend and make $246 (he's currently an +123 underdog), I would actually make $446?

Make as in profit? No. You would return that much. You profit $246 and you get your risk back of $200 returning you $446.

Edit* Also, it's been like 2 weeks my man. Calculating odds isn't that hard to do plus there's plenty of odds calculators online to help you with that. If this is still an issue for you to understand it might be wise to consider saving your money. Just some friendly advice. Do what you like though.

Last edited:
So, when you bet a certain amount of money and win, what you win isn't ALL that you get back, right? You get that + What you bet in the first place, is that correct?

So, if I bet $200 let's say on Gastelum next weekend and make $246 (he's currently an +123 underdog), I would actually make $446?
^^ he's right, but if you want a more practical way to think about it...

If you go to Vegas to make that same bet, you pay $200 and you get a ticket. If the bet wins, you cash it and receive $446. Did you just profit $446? No, you profited $246 and got the $200 you risked back. The same applies to online bets.

That's basically what I mean.

Just how much would I take home period if I bet a certain amount on someone and won.

That's basically what I mean.

Just how much would I take home period if I bet a certain amount on someone and won.
I mean, there are two posts above that spell it out for you lol. Still not clear?

oh look! someone else confused by the shitty american odds system :p

Last edited:

Dosen't every online bookie calculated the win for you when you type in the amount you're betting?

When it's a + before the odds (like Gastelum +123) you bet 100 to win 123.
If it's -123 you bet 123 to win 100.
-500 you bet 500 to win 100.
+500 you bet 100 to win 500

Honestly, how is this even a question? What is the alternative? You bet someone who wins at even odds, and you just your money back? I really don't understand how this isn't sinking in yet after two threads.

Dosen't every online bookie calculated the win for you when you type in the amount you're betting?

When it's a + before the odds (like Gastelum +123) you bet 100 to win 123.
If it's -123 you bet 123 to win 100.
-500 you bet 500 to win 100.
+500 you bet 100 to win 500

Yes, I'm aware of that. That's not my question.

Honestly, how is this even a question? What is the alternative? You bet someone who wins at even odds, and you just your money back? I really don't understand how this isn't sinking in yet after two threads.

It's about whether the profit is the only thing you get or whether you get what you bet in the first place back with it as well. It's a simple and fair question, my dear.

It's about whether the profit is the only thing you get or whether you get what you bet in the first place back with it as well. It's a simple and fair question, my dear.

How in the world would someone assume that you are only getting the win amount? If you bet $100 on an underdog of +110, you only walk away with $110 meaning you made $10? Lol - how could someone even begin to think that makes sense? Of course you walk away with $100 + $110. Who do you think would get to keep the risk amount if you won? Lol - it's just basic common sense.

How in the world would someone assume that you are only getting the win amount? If you bet $100 on an underdog of +110, you only walk away with $110 meaning you made $10? Lol - how could someone even begin to think that makes sense? Of course you walk away with $100 + $110. Who do you think would get to keep the risk amount if you won? Lol - it's just basic common sense.
With his line of thinking, there would be no way of making money betting on a favorite either lol

With his line of thinking, there would be no way of making money betting on a favorite either lol

I tried explaining that to him earlier too. This has been going on in different threads for days lol.

Im amazed at how easily you guys get trolled.

I assume that might have just been the nature of betting - If the odds for the favorite were at a certain level, you had to bet more to make any profit at all.

What happens is that your original stake is put into an escrow account, and you are just paid the profit amount. Once you have made enough bets that your escrow acct reaches $1m, the online book invests it for you in the Guatemalan housing derivative market. I mean, that's how my book does it anyway. I'm gonna be the MAN in Guatemala around my 250th birthday.

I'm tired as hell and sitting in what feels like the longest layover ever in Denver. This is the best I could contribute here...

Back