Antarctica Melting 3x Faster Than We Thought

Right.

The larger problem is that we are fucking the oceans about ten different ways... with ocean temperature rise being a major contributing factor to several of them.

Even Jordan Peterson agrees it is a problem... so, you know, maybe right wingers will care.

The biggest problem with the oceans is pollution (largely from farms). No one gives a shit about it though. Perhaps you could make a thread on it?

Ok, don’t make it a partisan issue then.
That also can't happen. Our political system, and democratic political systems generally, are a conflict between the old way and the new way. As knowledge advances, the old way becomes wrong and must be displaced or changed, and the only way to do that is with political pressure. Partisanship is natural. Given that the new way has to replace the old way, the old way must choose between changing their minds to fit the knowledge, or they must be removed. Intellectually healthy societies have a more flexible understanding in the old way. In America, the old way refuses the knowledge, and takes a hard position against the new way. So they have to be removed.

Seems like we should just work toward curbing pollution rather than bickering over the exact results 70 years down the road.

It would help if people agreed with you guys and acknowledged there is no problem? This is a weird post or I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.

"It would help if people didn't sensationalize and pretend the sky is falling"

Not sure how to be more clear in saying this

"It would help if people didn't sensationalize and pretend the sky is falling"

Not sure how to be more clear in saying this
Help how? You already said you don't think climate change is a problem so of course you'll think people claiming it's a serious problem are just sensationalizing. I don't see that would help convince you.

Your position is they're wrong so they should stop convincing others it's a problem. So since I think we should follow the scientific consensus on this given the stakes of course I don't think it's helpful for people to deny the problem.

For settled science that the left claims to have the solution to, there are an awful lot of corrections, failed predictions, and "it's even worse than our foolproof models thought". Nobody else thinks it's fishy that a new model calls it a bigger emergency than they thought every time a regulation gets cut or the US pulls out of the climate circle jerk?

Let’s jusg block out the sun so they stop melting and less cow farts right ?
sunshine-halt.jpg

Help how? You already said you don't think climate change is a problem so of course you'll think people claiming it's a serious problem are just sensationalizing. I don't see that would help convince you.

Your position is they're wrong so they should stop convincing others it's a problem. So since I think we should follow the scientific consensus on this given the stakes of course I don't think it's helpful for people to deny the problem.

People crying about how all of humanity was doomed when Trump pulled out of the Paris thing. Do you remember that? That would be called sensationalizing. What manbearpig did/does(?) Is sensationalizing.

What problem connected to climate change are you actually referring to? How do you propose we stop it?

That also can't happen. Our political system, and democratic political systems generally, are a conflict between the old way and the new way. As knowledge advances, the old way becomes wrong and must be displaced or changed, and the only way to do that is with political pressure. Partisanship is natural. Given that the new way has to replace the old way, the old way must choose between changing their minds to fit the knowledge, or they must be removed. Intellectually healthy societies have a more flexible understanding in the old way. In America, the old way refuses the knowledge, and takes a hard position against the new way. So they have to be removed.

Ok maybe in America, but most sane countries have political parties that work together on many issues. Not that you guys under Trump will take a leading role in this matter anyway.

Right.

The larger problem is that we are fucking the oceans about ten different ways... with ocean temperature rise being a major contributing factor to several of them.

Even Jordan Peterson agrees it is a problem... so, you know, maybe right wingers will care.

Or like Mueller accuse him being a liberal.

For settled science that the left claims to have the solution to, there are an awful lot of corrections, failed predictions, and "it's even worse than our foolproof models thought". Nobody else thinks it's fishy that a new model calls it a bigger emergency than they thought every time a regulation gets cut or the US pulls out of the climate circle jerk?
97% of scientist agree with Global Warming, I am glad that 3% stuck by their moral convictions and did not get bribed by Soros.

97% of scientist agree with Global Warming, I am glad that 3% stuck by their moral convictions and did not get bribed by Soros.
Not sure why the 97 % # is still used. It should read 100% of climatologists or people with common sense agree on AGW. How much attributed to man is the magic question.

The first consensus on the consensus was Zimmerman/Doran asking only 79 scientists There are several thousand worldwide. And the key word in there was "significant".

What makes this prospect terrifying for me is that we don't know enough about how we should expect this to affect the ocean-to-human food chain- where is the tipping point? Do we lose species slowly, or very suddenly? The sea level rise we can deal with- it will come at a tremendous cost in terms of lives labor and money, but we will deal with it. But we won't deal with the loss of fish. We'll just die by the billion.
I'm thinking it will be a domino effect. The seas and rivers of this planet are dead in comparison to 500 years ago, and it keeps getting worse. Basically, we're in a train heading towards a brick wall, the only question is how far that wall is.

Literally just read an article from a few years ago from NASA saying it had reached the highest ice growth yet.

Which one is it people? Do any of us really know what’s going on?

Literally just read an article from a few years ago from NASA saying it had reached the highest ice growth yet.

Which one is it people? Do any of us really know what’s going on?
Well, that was NASA in 2015.
This is NASA in 2018 based on new photography and research.

It gets dizzying after that.

People crying about how all of humanity was doomed when Trump pulled out of the Paris thing. Do you remember that? That would be called sensationalizing. What manbearpig did/does(?) Is sensationalizing.

What problem connected to climate change are you actually referring to? How do you propose we stop it?
Pulling out of the Paris agreement was bad but the Earth didn't stop spinning, OK. But the reason people are bent out of shape over it is what I said to you in another post, we have one major political party that is denying there is a problem and as long as that is true we will never work towards solving the problem in a big way.

You'll have to do some reading on climate change, the evidence, the effects and what can be done. Scientists know way more than me and articulate it better and anything I say in here would just be me repeating what I've read. If you're being genuine here the question shows that you haven't really looked into it. Essentially we need to stop burning fossil fuels ASAP.

Back