Antarctica Melting 3x Faster Than We Thought

Seems like you've got it all figured out. Why arent you doing something?
Again, this attempt to try and aggravate people makes no sense. I'm an accountant, I don't have shit figured out. My point with ODB was that it can be a complicated topic and he should read stuff from actual experts. You're not adding anything at all to the conversation except signaling your loyalty.

You're acting like things need to change because something drastic might happen. Then when somebody asks what might happen you start bitching them out telling them to research.

No wonder nobody actually gives a shit...

We are in a discussion forum... cant be bothered to discuss things? Yet you seem to have time and energy to bitch about things?
Here is a piece of personal advice. Stick to discussing things that you at least have a basic understanding of unless you're truly looking to learn. If it's the latter, don't learn things based on random dudes in a karate sub-forum, read books and articles from actual professionals.

If you want to bang around ideas and argue know something about the topic. It's painfully clear you know zero about the topic, so my only point to you was to read up. I was patient up until the point you turned into a dick about it.

Again, this attempt to try and aggravate people makes no sense. I'm an accountant, I don't have shit figured out. My point with ODB was that it can be a complicated topic and he should read stuff from actual experts. You're not adding anything at all to the conversation except signaling your loyalty.
If you dont have shit figured out, maybe try and stop preaching to people who disagree with you as though they're stupid, or below you.

If you dont have shot figures out, maybe try and stop preaching to people who disagree with you as though they're stupid, or below you.
Did you read a word I said? Who is preaching? I said learn from experts.

Man, you're pretty dumb too.

Here is a piece of personal advice. Stick to discussing things that you at least have a basic understanding of unless you're truly looking to learn

I have a basic understanding of how rising temperatures can cause problems as well as benefits. I'm here willing to discuss it. You are not

If you want to bang around ideas and argue know something about the topic

I do... let's talk

It's painfully clear you know zero about the topic,

Fuck off clown, you haven't even engaged. I've asked you a few questions and you bailed like a bitch

I was patient up until the point you turned into a dick about it.

Fuck your patience

I have a basic understanding of how rising temperatures can cause problems as well as benefits. I'm here willing to discuss it. You are not

I do... let's talk

Fuck off clown, you haven't even engaged. I've asked you a few questions and you bailed like a bitch

Fuck your patience
Dude, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about and you're trying to pick a fight on the topic. No thanks, and shave the dumb mustache.

I'll start believing in man made global warming as soon as rich fucks that live on Newport Bay, start abandoning their homes.

if tides are rising at alarming rates, I expect that stunners on Balboa that go for 30M will be abandoned. Someone please wake me up when that happens, proof is in the pudding.
They won't abandon them, just move them back. Tells you nothing.
uh yeah, moving a 20K square foot property is entirely possible.
Dunno, seen plenty of very large buildings jacked up and moved. Sound like it's worth it compared to having it drop off a cliff.
21b0763a84be17ac953df676b77de17e.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

And yes, I know you're referring to homes larger than this, but where there's a will, there's a way.

Great, can you tell us what problems rising temperatures can cause please.

Well draught and famine for one.

Rising waters from ice melting and displacing coastal communities could be another.

Wouldnt these issues be easier to solve directly instead of trying to adjust the earths temperature?

Dunno, seen plenty of very large buildings jacked up and moved. Sound like it's worth it compared to having it drop off a cliff.

hqdefault.jpg

And yes, I know you're referring to homes larger than this, but where there's a will, there's a way.
Holy fuck. You must be really, really God damn important to leave the earth looking like that to move your stupid little house.

hqdefault.jpg

you win at finding the coolest thing on the internet, bravo <mma4>

Well draught and famine for one.

Rising waters from ice melting and displacing coastal communities could be another.

Wouldnt these issues be easier to solve directly instead of trying to adjust the earths temperature?

"Adjust the earths temperature"?... Aren't we trying to minimize the impact that we are already having?

"Adjust the earths temperature"?... Aren't we trying to minimize the impact that we are already having?

I thought the narrative was that if we didn't make BIG changes we were doomed? So we are just trying to minimize our impact huh? I can get behind that.

The whole chicken little dance in regards to the Paris climate thing and the EPA woes led me to believe otherwise

I thought the narrative was that if we didn't make BIG changes we were doomed? So we are just trying to minimize our impact huh? I can get behind that.

The whole chicken little dance in regards to the Paris climate thing and the EPA woes led me to believe otherwise

there's what politicians and the media are saying...then there is what scientists are saying. the latter usually seem to be less rabid imo.

fossil fuel companies are arguably the most powerful companies on earth. they have a stranglehold on many things that they should not. the more we continue to embrace more efficient energy, the better. the better for everyone, including business. will it stop climate disasters of the future, and the now? i dont think anyone knows that. but cleaner more efficient energy produces all sorts of good results that have nothing to do with global warming.

there's what politicians and the media are saying...then there is what scientists are saying. the latter usually seem to be less rabid imo.

fossil fuel companies are arguably the most powerful companies on earth. they have a stranglehold on many things that they should not. the more we continue to embrace more efficient energy, the better. the better for everyone, including business. will it stop climate disasters of the future, and the now? i dont think anyone knows that. but cleaner more efficient energy produces all sorts of good results that have nothing to do with global warming.

This post I can get behind 100%. I'm all for clean energy. I mean nobody really wants "smog days" to return. Thank God I'm too young for that nonsense. I just think we need to be measured about how we do things and get support for them.

Back