Anthony Bourdain kills himself

And this is what I said upthread wa the trigger for many who are shitting on Tony now saying he was intolerant of people not like him both on this forum and in the comments elsewhere about his death.

Tony was arguably one of the most tolerant guys out there. He could show up in any country no matter how different and appreciate the people and their ways and adapt to them and not need them to adpat to him and always find a way to appreciate them no matter their differences. The definition of tolerant. When he traveled middle america and met many 'rednecks' he grew fiercely defensive of them against other liberals who would suggest they were stupid or other, despite the fact Tony is very liberal.

But still America is so polarized over politics that is seems the mere act of him liking Obama and spending time with him and him not liking Trump is not acceptable to a lot of people. It is not enough that you tolerate all people, you must now also 'like who I like or you are a horrible person'.

not saying this specific to you supra but more broadly to much of the hate being pushed Tony's way. It's sad.
lol @ this guy calling him “Tony” like they used to BBQ together on the weekends.

lol at blaming a woman.

dude was in his 60s it is just sad at that point to blame someone else for you being like that and doing drugs again and killing yourself.

I'm not blaming women, I'm suggesting that he may be to blame for getting clean and then dating a junkie. That's on him.

lol @ this guy calling him “Tony” like they used to BBQ together on the weekends.

tumblr_inline_nuk4cvHRfq1tynevb_250.gif

I'm not calling him Mr. Bordain. On the show he is referred to as Tony or Anthony.

Too much blah blah talky

Not enough fun fun sharey

It's been over a week and I still can't believe he killed himself(or Zamir). I guess it's going to be one of those slow burn, not as devastating but something that would surprised you a bit every time you remember him.

This one fucking sucked. Doesnt make sense either. Robin Williams made sense, Bourdain doesnt, at all.

At the end of no reservations just aired they had a PSA saying if this has had any personal affect on you to please contact lifeline. Haven't seen that before.

It's weird to me that people don't seem to grasp there are levels to all of this. Suicide is something that, by definition, you have to be out of your mind to do. We're wired to survive at all costs, the survival instinct is incredibly powerful. To circumvent that, you have to be pretty much out of your mind with pain. To the point you become detached from reality.

People typically don't just snap. They talk themselves out of it, over and over and over. Struggling and pulling themselves away from that cliff over and over again. Then all it takes is one lapse, one break, one moment that is just too much to get through. And people say oh that guy is weak or selfish and just gave up. Ridiculous. I've made two attempts in my life, both nearly two decades ago. And I've done all sorts of passive damage to myself, and lived through year after year where I thought about it every single day. But I got through it somehow. And maybe tomorrow, or next month, or five years from now it finally overwhelms me. And people will say oh what a coward, not realizing it's something you've been fighting for decades.

It would be nice if life was like a care bears movie, and love conquered all, even mental illness. But it isn't. Someone fucked up enough to commit suicide is a very, very sick person that was finally just overwhelmed. It's not like they WEREN'T fighting. They were fighting and winning every day, for thousands of days, but you only have to lose once to lose permanently.

I didn't kill myself because I wanted to see how Halo 2 turned out.

Yikes

Watch No reservation, he goes by Tony when introduced to people.

Btw I think already in the first seasons first episode he talks about suicide.
He does it a lot actually. In the Sweden episode he mock hangs him self in a prison cell while playing ABBA.
In hindsight..

“I understand there’s a guy inside me, who wants to lay in bed, smoke weed all day, and watch cartoons and movies. My whole life is a series of strategems to avoid, and outwit, that guy.”
- Anthony Bourdain

Should’ve just smoked weed and watched cartoons & movies. Peace out, bro.

Dude what have you been up to are you still living down there and mountain biking? Still got my diamond back but I got a rowing machine that I like better now.
Still down here, but I moved a little bit north, I'm about 15 minutes south of Parkland. Haven't been riding much, been raining a lot. So between the weather and doing stuff around the new house not much at all. They have rowers at at the gym and I gotta say, I am a big fan. Even thought about getting a kayak it's a great workout.

How you been?

Still down here, but I moved a little bit north, I'm about 15 minutes south of Parkland. Haven't been riding much, been raining a lot. So between the weather and doing stuff around the new house not much at all. They have rowers at at the gym and I gotta say, I am a big fan. Even thought about getting a kayak it's a great workout.

How you been?
I looked for ya when I got back on here. Ive had 3 kayaks now sold my last one when I bought the new truck. Theres a place here that when the tide goes out it creates an island and Id row out there alot. It is a great workout I really got into my last one and put a flip up sail on it to move me along. Then I got into boating and jetskis and they move faster so screw that slow ass kayak lol even with the wind blowing it didnt move that fast. If you get one you might like an ocean kayak better but you can get a decent pelican at walmart for a couple hundred.

I looked for ya when I got back on here. Ive had 3 kayaks now sold my last one when I bought the new truck. Theres a place here that when the tide goes out it creates an island and Id row out there alot. It is a great workout I really got into my last one and put a flip up sail on it to move me along. Then I got into boating and jetskis and they move faster so screw that slow ass kayak lol even with the wind blowing it didnt move that fast. If you get one you might like an ocean kayak better but you can get a decent pelican at walmart for a couple hundred.
Yeah, was definitely thinking of an ocean kayak.
Was going to the gym yesterday morning and driving by the canals I'd be going on and see a gator about 8' just casually swimming down the center of the canal. My wife freaked out when she saw it, since we just had the woman get eaten. Then again, now every time we walk by ANY body of water she freaks out about gators, but she also freaks out about snakes and the boofa toads in the yard and she won't go in the ocean for fear of sharks. Seems to me, Florida wasn't the best choice for places for her to live.

Yeah, was definitely thinking of an ocean kayak.
Was going to the gym yesterday morning and driving by the canals I'd be going on and see a gator about 8' just casually swimming down the center of the canal. My wife freaked out when she saw it, since we just had the woman get eaten. Then again, now every time we walk by ANY body of water she freaks out about gators, but she also freaks out about snakes and the boofa toads in the yard and she won't go in the ocean for fear of sharks. Seems to me, Florida wasn't the best choice for places for her to live.
Thats why I said an ocean kayak may be better for you lol. Not as many gators up here as yall got.

This is my backyard tho and who knows whats swimming in there Ive seen some huge snapping turtles.

Back