Anthony Johnson vs. Kongo

People need get off Kongo nuts he's not an elite fighter. He looks good IN bellator. Rumble absolutely kills the 43 year old man if he came out of retirement. Rumble is an actual wrestler vs kongo's "underrated wrestling" Rumble has way better standup and can definitely hit as hard as Roy Nelson.

What the fuck are you talking about? What is your evidence that Kongo has a glass jaw? Being finished with strikes by Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt and Gilbert Yvel? I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you but you don't have to have a glass jaw to get finished by HW strikers known for their striking power. Stop focusing on my username and make some sort of argument that isn't retarded.
You don't need a glass jaw for Rumble to sleep you.

You don't need a glass jaw for Rumble to sleep you.

I know, that's what I'm trying to tell those morons that are saying Kongo has a glass jaw. I favor Kongo in this match up but Rumble can KO him or win by decision. Read the posts that i am replying to they are ridiculous.

A glass jawed fighter can't do what Kongo did to Pat Barry.

Kongo is what, 43? He should be fighting Mir or someone next

Respect to Kongo. Holds one of the best comeback KOs in UFC history:
giphy.gif

I know, that's what I'm trying to tell those morons that are saying Kongo has a glass jaw. I favor Kongo in this match up but Rumble can KO him or win by decision. Read the posts that i am replying to they are ridiculous.

His chin was definitely cracking in the UFC...and chins don't get better with time. We've given 4 examples and all you can come back with is name-calling and hissy fits. Run along now...I think it's almost time for bed.

His chin was definitely cracking in the UFC...and chins don't get better with time. We've given 4 examples and all you can come back with is name-calling and hissy fits. Run along now...I think it's almost time for bed.

Dude, you are the one that started with the name calling and hissy fits, if you can't take it don't start it and your evidence that Kongo has a glass jaw is that he got finished by Hunt, Nelson and Yvel. By your own logic Roy Nelson, Cro Cop, and Semmy Schilt have glass jaws.

Dude, you are the one that started with the name calling and hissy fits, if you can't take it don't start it and your evidence that Kongo has a glass jaw is that he got finished by Hunt, Nelson and Yvel. By your own logic Roy Nelson has a glass jaw.

Go back and read the thread. You're the one who started the name calling and acting like a 10-year old. Since Nelson was never dropped by Mir (they did fight) and took massive shots from a lot of guys Kongo never fought (JDS, Carwin, Stipe, Werdum, Rothwell, Overeem, Barnett, many others), your last statement is asinine.

Kongo would definitely be retired and drinking from a straw if he fought Roy's competition over the years, though.

Go back and read the thread. You're the one who started the name calling and acting like a 10-year old. Since Nelson was never dropped by Mir (they did fight) and took massive shots from a lot of guys Kongo never fought (JDS, Carwin, Stipe, Werdum, Rothwell, Overeem, Barnett, many others), your last statement is asinine.

Kongo would definitely be retired and drinking from a straw if he fought Roy's competition over the years, though.

No you started the name calling when you kept talking about my username and changing it because for some reason you seem to have a personal issue with me. Then I started calling you names back. If you can't take insults don't insult others first. You seem to think that just because Kongo doesn't have a chin like Nelson then his chin is glass, that's a weird thing to think, there isn't just glass chins and great chins. You're logic seems to be that since Kongo lost by strikes to Nelson, Hunt and Yvel that means he has a glass jaw, well guess what, Nelson got finished by strikes from Hunt so by your logic he has a glass jaw, Cro Cop got finished by strikes from Nelson so he has a glass jaw, and Schlit got finished by Yvel so he has a glass jaw. That's a crazy thought process.

Glass jawed fighters can't do this.

giphy.gif

I'm downplaying because he has no edge in the fight. His only chance is if Rumble gasses after 2 rounds and can't finish him, but that's highly unlikely. Again, Kongo is 43 and Rumble is faster and more dangerous than Nelson, Hunt, Barry or Mir, and all of them either KO'd him or dropped him at the beginning of the 1st round. Don't drink too much Coker Kool-Aid. Kongo isn't that good. King Mo proved that.
He's got an argument for a top 5 spot right now though, like a legit one. It is a testament to the state of the HW division, but again, I favor Rumble but I could absolutely see Cheick winning the fight.

Why? Because dude is game, consistent, and we don't know how well Rumble's power translates to HW. Yes, he broke Arlovski's jaw, yet he could not finish him. I'm less making an argument for Kongo beating Anthony, and more trying to get you to give Cheick credit where credit is due.

He's got an argument for a top 5 spot right now though, like a legit one. It is a testament to the state of the HW division, but again, I favor Rumble but I could absolutely see Cheick winning the fight.

Why? Because dude is game, consistent, and we don't know how well Rumble's power translates to HW. Yes, he broke Arlovski's jaw, yet he could not finish him. I'm less making an argument for Kongo beating Anthony, and more trying to get you to give Cheick credit where credit is due.

I'm glad someone else in here doesn't think in binary terms where everything has to be one extreme or the other.

No you started the name calling when you kept talking about my username and changing it because for some reason you seem to have a personal issue with me. Then I started calling you names back. If you can't take insults don't insult others first. You seem to think that just because Kongo doesn't have a chin like Nelson then his chin is glass, that's a weird thing to think, there isn't just glass chins and great chins. You're logic seems to be that since Kongo lost by strikes to Nelson, Hunt and Yvel that means he has a glass jaw, well guess what, Nelson got finished by strikes from Hunt so by your logic he has a glass jaw, Cro Cop got finished by strikes from Nelson so he has a glass jaw, and Schlit got finished by Yvel so he has a glass jaw. That's a crazy thought process.

Glass jawed fighters can't do this.

giphy.gif
So u use the fight where he got dropped twice as an example? Lol wow.

So u use the fight where he got dropped twice as an example? Lol wow.

That he doesn't have a glass jaw, sure, glass jawed fighters don't take severe beatings and come back to win by KO because they physically can't because they have glass jaws. However if you want to base it on his whole career that's even better evidence. Having 41 fights at HW and mostly fighting top competition with only 3 losses by strikes shows that he doesn't have a glass jaw too.

I'm not arguing that he has a iron chin, I'm arguing that he doesn't have a glass jaw because that is a crazy thing to think or say based on his career.

That he doens't have a glass jaw, sure, glass jawed fighters don't take severe beatings and come back to win by KO because they have glass jaws and can't. However if you use all of his fights that is evidence that he doesn't have a glass jaw too.
I agree but in this case, Barry didn’t even hit him with power shots, yet he crumbled twice. Props for regaining composure but the fact still remains he was on dream street then got lucky due to Barry fighting unintellignetly and having a glass chin himself.

I agree but in this case, Barry didn’t even hit him with power shots, yet he crumbled twice. Props for regaining composure but the fact still remains he was on dream street then got lucky due to Barry fighting unintellignetly and having a glass chin himself.

Now you're just lying.

Cmon it wasn’t even close to the shots he took when he got KOed. U posted the gif, look at it.

Cmon, watch the fight, the gif is just a small part of it. He's already on the ground when the gif starts cause he already took big punches. Besides in the gif you can see him take multiple power shots to the temple which is one of the weakest areas of the head and he still is able to come back and win.

Watch the fight, the gif is just a small part of it.
Sigh watched it live, saved in my favorites on fightpass. Post the gifs of him getting koed in his losses then we can compare. I honestly don’t remember those too well but I think it was from far more powerful shots than what Barry hit him with. If I’m wrong, kudos to u

Sigh watched it live, saved in my favorites on fightpass. Post the gifs of him getting koed in his losses then we can compare. I honestly don’t remember those too well but I think it was from far more powerful shots than what Barry hit him with. If I’m wrong, kudos to u

The shots are powerful, not as powerful as Nelson and Hunt but look where they are landing, theres a bunch of them landing on Kongo's temples. If you can take a bunch of power shots to the temple over and over again without being KOed your chin is far from glass. Hitting someone in the temple is one of the easiest ways to KO someone.

Back