Anthony Joshua vs a Prime Mike Tyson

I am a huge Joshua fan (nahmsayin) but prime Tyson would kick the living shit out of Joshua.

Takam gave Joshua something to think about tonight.

No question that prime Tyson would destroy tonight's Joshua.

The real question is have we seen anything close to Prime Joshua yet. I suspect we are getting close, and that isn't good enough to compete with any of the greats.

Explain? He has MORE wear and tear than usual or not enough? Cause "prime" would mean, not so much.
Look how many rounds he has boxed. He's a young 28 if that makes sense.

Look how many rounds he has boxed. He's a young 28 if that makes sense.
yeah I see 20 fights....And So......this IS his prime, physically...Mentally or experience wise maybe not but what are his attributes that could improve? He's already a pretty patient guy, and he's not Floyd Mayweather, he won't get much better between now and his 30th fight. I just don't see him made that way. But the argument is Joshua vs Prime Tyson, and ANY version of Joshua now or in the future, get's brutalized by Prime Iron Mike.

I think Tyson would win. Tyson was a beast and slayed much bigger people then himself.

What is everyone's opinion?

Joshua has trouble with short inside fighting heavyweights like Tyson. Joshua has trouble fighting on the inside, due to his big bulky arms he just can't fight on the inside, if you smother him like what Joe Frazier did to Ali and make him fight you on the inside and in the pocket you beat him. Because he needs distance to land his full power punches on you.

This was proven today, you just stay in his chest and you will beat him because he needs to create distance between him and you to land his power punches, and he moves strait back to avoid getting hit.

Mike Tyson would bob and weave working his way on the inside and smother him with a vicious body attack and head punches and stop him with-in 10 rounds or wins on points.

A inside pressure power punching heavyweight with great head movement and a great chin, would beat Joshua easy.

Wilder, Bomb Squad, gives him hell big time, that's why he needs more time. He is not seasoned enough to take him on yet and him and his team knows it.

But he could work on his inside fighting skill and don't come in so bulky and shorten his punches going to the body like a beast and that jab to the stomach and the head followed by a right hand, to keep a inside fighter from trying to come in, busting them up then going crazy to the body, then tie him up to make the Ref stop the action and brake them.

Then he could beat Mike Tyson and others but he better work on this because one day he will lose if he doesn't, to a fighter that makes him fight on the inside and smothers him taking away his power punches, but the body work is still their for him to take advantage of.

He just has to work on his craft and get better that's all, because he wasn't out of gas in this fight not like his last fight.

Look at Riddick Bow's inside game it was solid, so Joshua can get better working on his craft. It just takes time.

Joshua started boxing very young so he is going to get better, but he still has flaws and they can be fixed easily because he wants to learn and get better hes not lazy he looked better conditioned wise in this fight but let's ask this Question when he works on stuff and fights this guy again and I bet you a million dollars he blows him anyway fighting him on the inside next time to show everyone that he's getting better book it.

Tyson knocks Joshua's head off his shoulders in the 3rd round.

LOL, prime Mike demolish Joshua way, way more technical and skillful.

yeah I see 20 fights....And So......this IS his prime, physically...Mentally or experience wise maybe not but what are his attributes that could improve? He's already a pretty patient guy, and he's not Floyd Mayweather, he won't get much better between now and his 30th fight. I just don't see him made that way. But the argument is Joshua vs Prime Tyson, and ANY version of Joshua now or in the future, get's brutalized by Prime Iron Mike.
Yeah, and I said he would. I said rounds boxed not fights. He has very little wear and tear and big power, let's see how that works out.

AJ looking like Phil Davis in the OP's pic with those Enter the Dragon lats. Prime Mike wins.

Prime Tyson would KO Joshua.
Joshua may improve over time, but the current version gets blasted out in 3-4 rounds.
Over time Holmes has changed his tune on Tyson, I remember him saying he’d fight and beat anyone except Tyson during his comeback. Nowadays he claims he was rusty and if he was properly prepared would have beaten Tyson. I call BS...

The really old people used to say that Joe Louis and Marciano would dominate the HWs from the 70s.

This changed a little.

Then people used to say that Tyson was a joke compared to the great HWs of the 70s. This changed a little.

Then the Klitschkos couldn't lace Jerry Quarrys boots. This changed a little.

Now they say that Tyson and Vitali Klitschko would kill Joshua.

Point is: At least deliver some arguments instead of going out like an idiot by just saying "I am a huge Joshua fan (nahmsayin) but prime Tyson would kick the living shit out of Joshua".

Last edited:
Back