Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk.

Usyk isn't that big but he has some experience of dealing with bigger men. He beat Nistor, Majidov and Joyce in the WSB. Joyce, in particular, is a big unit.

He sure has. I heard Klitschko used him in sparring too. For those reasons I want to see him against Joshua or Wilder now that Usyk has reached his prime. It's a CW vs HW superfight and it's a cool story because titles are involved. Even if he gets knocked out by the HW champ he can say it's one and done and go back down to CW.

IMO he is not going to get absolutely ANY better even he beats Price, Szpilka, Chisora and Povetkin in a row. Again he'll be the betting underdog against Joshua (assuming Joshua is still the man). It's high risk as any of them can catch him. Plus even if he is succesful in such a run he might be out of his prime at the end of it.

I dunno. Usyk can be a slow starter and thats probably not a good thing against Joshua. If AJ caught him with some of the stuff Bellew caught him with he would likely be in trouble. But then Joshua is slower and more methodical/predictable than Bellew, plus Usyk can really turn up the volume and Joshuas gas tank isnt the best.

He should fight Joseph Parker, then louis Ortiz/Dylan white. Beat them and he’s ready for the Big boys

Usyk might get his first and only KO at HW if he were to fight Price. He just has to weather the early storm then come out guns blazing when Price starts to fatigue.

Usyk hit Bellew that hard, Price hit the living room floor out like a light.

He sure has. I heard Klitschko used him in sparring too. For those reasons I want to see him against Joshua or Wilder now that Usyk has reached his prime. It's a CW vs HW superfight and it's a cool story because titles are involved. Even if he gets knocked out by the HW champ he can say it's one and done and go back down to CW.

IMO he is not going to get absolutely ANY better even he beats Price, Szpilka, Chisora and Povetkin in a row. Again he'll be the betting underdog against Joshua (assuming Joshua is still the man). It's high risk as any of them can catch him. Plus even if he is succesful in such a run he might be out of his prime at the end of it.
I don't know I'd like him to have two feeler fights of fairly high level say Chisora then Povetikin before fighting AJ, just so he can get used to operating at the higher weight.

Parker would be a good fight for him to see where he is at in terms of competiting at HW

I dunno. Usyk can be a slow starter and thats probably not a good thing against Joshua. If AJ caught him with some of the stuff Bellew caught him with he would likely be in trouble. But then Joshua is slower and more methodical/predictable than Bellew, plus Usyk can really turn up the volume and Joshuas gas tank isnt the best.

AJ also hasn't the best footwork, his handspeed combined with his power and the variety of punches that he's throwing is great, probably the best at HW, but his jab isn't that great.
I think that being a slow starter is much worse when you're going up against Wilder, if he starts swarming Usyk early on it's do or die.
That said, apart from AJ and Wilder Usyk should be able to deal with most guys power at HW, Głowacki was the first and only guy to KO Huck, Povetkin couldn't do that, and Briedis has a brutal KO win over Charr inside the 5th round, both of them hit probably harder than someone like Parker or Pulev and are, IMO, at least in the same league as an old Povetkin, who hasn't been the same after failing a drug test.

Another important aspect is if this happens pre or post wilder. If we are talking post Wilder it might be an easy win for Usyk seeing as AJ will have been broken and destroyed by the vastly superior Wilder.

Another important aspect is if this happens pre or post wilder. If we are talking post Wilder it might be an easy win for Usyk seeing as AJ will have been broken and destroyed by the vastly superior Wilder.
Lol’d at “vastly superior”. If Wilder wins its because he has nuclear missiles for punches, not because hes “vastly superior”.

Lol’d at “vastly superior”. If Wilder wins its because he has nuclear missiles for punches, not because hes “vastly superior”.
Nuclear bombs delivered expertly on a wildly inferior opponent.

lol you are way too desperate to get a bite from someone. You need to try a less obvious approach pal

? Seems like pretty solid reasoning to me. When we dropped the H-Bomb, did we not prove we are vastly superior and ended WW2?

retard

? Seems like pretty solid reasoning to me. When we dropped the H-Bomb, did we not prove we are vastly superior and ended WW2?
Depends on your definition of superior bruh.

Dunno if dropping a nuke on people is something to brag about. Sure did work though.

Parker,Whyte,Ortiz or Povetkin would be ideal fights to see what he really has in the top division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back