Anthony Pettis vs. Conor

It's kinda true. Standing is arguable, but Pettis would fucking kill Conor on the ground.

I agree that Pettis would own Conor on the ground, he's one of the most underrated BJJ guys in the UFC. Standing is a different story, Conor would apply pressure like Max or Edson did. Pettis doesn't deal with pressure that great but he's still a dangerous fighter.

You're saying that because Pettis hasn't been on the ball as much, but that's because of the style match-ups, and Conor is a great match-up for Pettis.

Conor has his way with Pettis and it’s not even close. Pettis has good striking and is crafty but Conor has much more power and overall a better striking game. He’s fluid most of the time and his in and out game is great.
My opinion of course.
This is MMA dude, Pettis can definitely get him down, and sub him.
I’m well aware that this is MMA but Pettis isn’t getting him down? When the hell has Pettis shown good enough wrestling to get anyone down? He’d get slept trying to close the distance.
Quit trying to convince yourself because you obviously don’t give a shit about others opinions.

LMFAO.

conor embarrasses any version of pettis, pettis doesn't have the wrestling to get it down, and can't fight going backwards/deal with good boxing.

god damn this shit's funny, anyone saying pettis wins seriously needs their head checked.

Last edited:
Conor has his way with Pettis and it’s not even close. Pettis has good striking and is crafty but Conor has much more power and overall a better striking game. He’s fluid most of the time and his in and out game is great.
My opinion of course.

I’m well aware that this is MMA but Pettis isn’t getting him down? When the hell has Pettis shown good enough wrestling to get anyone down? He’d get slept trying to close the distance.
Quit trying to convince yourself because you obviously don’t give a shit about others opinions.
He took down Jim Miller, and Jeremy Stephens, that's off the top of my head.

nate_diaz_submits_conor_mcgregor_the_finish.gif

You forgot this :D

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

prime pettis... he's subpar. BUT, what could happen is that pettis has a granite chin, so he MAY took all mcgregor's s hots and then mcgregor would gas like always and pettis can take over

Would be a fun fight if Pettis can get it going. Could be a short night if he can't.

prime pettis... he's subpar. BUT, what could happen is that pettis has a granite chin, so he MAY took all mcgregor's s hots and then mcgregor would gas like always and pettis can take over
That's another thing, Pettis has an underrated chin.

You're asking this question in 2018 regarding Conor? To these idiot Conor fans he is unbeatable and has no weaknesses. They are literally thinking he has the edge against Pettis on the ground lol. Pettis kills Conor wherever the fight goes.

You forgot this :D

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

That is boxing, so I didn't think it was relevant to the conversation. Losing to a fringe top 10 lw like Diaz however is, because I think Pettis is equally as skilled as Nate.

You're asking this question in 2018 regarding Conor? To these idiot Conor fans he is unbeatable and has no weaknesses. They are literally thinking he has the edge against Pettis on the ground lol. Pettis kills Conor wherever the fight goes.
Exactly

I'd pay to see that fight, I really like it. Book it.

That is boxing, so I didn't think it was relevant to the conversation. Losing to a fringe top 10 lw like Diaz however is, because I think Pettis is equally as skilled as Nate.

Conor lost to Duffy too. I told you man he's not a good fighter. I agree. I mean, he has losses.

Would be interesting. Connor would give some range for Pettis to land kicks. But Connor would walk through everything and eventually trap Pettis on the fence to land the left

Pettis would get his head boxed up. Terrible boxing. His kicks will be nullified with Conor's pressure plus Conor has a better distance game and will use that to get in and out at the right times. Pettis also keeps his chin up and his head in the center line all the time. That is suicide against Conor.

Pettis has the better ground game but so what? Iff Eddie cant take Conor down, Pettis sure as hell cant.

Would be interesting. Connor would give some range for Pettis to land kicks. But Connor would walk through everything and eventually trap Pettis on the fence to land the left

That's how I see it. If Pettis can't land a devastating kick until then, I think he would have to go for the takedown. And I think he could and he could beat Conor on the ground. But I also think he wouldn't and then he would get slept by the left :( lol

Back