Anthony Smith and Volkan Oezdemir twitter exchange

The Ufc offered the fight to Smith already, so you're wrong on that. Also Marcel Fortuna has been cut and Rogerio de Lima hasn't made lhw in years.

It's most likely going to be a foreigner but seeing how Manuwa has already turned down Rountree, Smith and Thiago Santos I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even end up fighting
Where does it say fortuna got released from the ufc? Another guess from u, or??

Cerrone tries to do this as well, and in theory it sounds bad ass, but let's be fucking real here.
These guys know that there is an athletic commission, and that injuries are things not under their control. You can't commit to 2 fights because you have no idea what will happen.
You can easily be out for a good 3 months for a minor injury, so the UFC is obviously not going to rely on a fighter to have back to back scheduled matchups

Damn lol, he literally just got cut recently then.

Yesterday he got cut. He would of got killed by Manuwa anyways. Since Manuwa turned down Santos and Rountree wants to fight they should book Rountree vs Santos and give Jimi a fight later this year

Yesterday he got cut. He would of got killed by Manuwa anyways. Since Manuwa turned down Santos and Rountree wants to fight they should book Rountree vs Santos and give Jimi a fight later this year
Damn, got cut just yesterday day.. that sucks then. At this point, idk what they’ll do lol. Marcos de lima is still a obvious choice for the ufc but he hasn’t made the 206 lbs limit since late of 2016. His last 2 fights were heavier then 206. Wouldn’t be surprise if he ends up fighting jimi tho.

Smith will have no time for both after he gets concussed by Volkan and gets medically suspended

He turned down both those fights? Jimi on 2 loss streak he should be cut if he's gonna be a picky loser.

Smith will have no time for both after he gets concussed by Volkan and gets medically suspended

Wait hes going to go into the future and fight Volkan in October then come back into the past with a concussion and fight Jimi in September?

He turned down both those fights? Jimi on 2 loss streak he should be cut if he's gonna be a picky loser.

He turned down Santos. Rountree offered to fight him but the Ufc wanted a Brazilian to main event

I actually like Smith's response to Volkan.

Intense Twitter battle.

Can't wait to see it in a cage. I'm sure it will be riveting.

I think Volkan KOs smith, I don't believe Smith is that good. It's mostly that Rashad and Shogun are at this stage very, very bad.
Smith is a beast. Dudes been fighting for over 10 years and he just turned 30 like 2 weeks ago. His record isn’t great but he’s experienced and his range and ability to finish with multiple limbs makes him a threat to anyone. Rashad and Shogun are shot for sure but don’t take that as Smith not being good. He could most definitely beat Volkan who has shown to be less than impressive if he doesn’t get a quick KO.

Back