Anthony Smith reacts to KO of Shogun Rua & talks Gustafsson being injured ironically

Dude just stole a million dollars out of Cormier pocket...

How this guy's grappling?

His wrestling isn't great but improving which is mostly tdd.He has shown sneaky subs before especially his triangle like vs Lumumba Sayers in Strikeforce back in the day and being really impressed.Moves well off his back and is good at getting up but overall wasn't very good position wise but for sure dangerous with some things.It seems like most of his fights have been crazy wars the last few years so I don't have a strong grasp on it anymore without refreshing on footage.

I wouldn't mind re-watching that Andrew Sanchez and Cezar Ferreira fights,maybe watch those if you're interested.I think he did much better stopping Sanchez's td's than Cezar's and iirc Sanchez is the better wrestler so maybe there were some good improvements there.I vaguely remember Cezar taking him down over and over and being like wtf at his tdd.I kind of remember him winning round 1 vs Roger Gracie or just doing much better than I expected.Sorry that's all I remember.

anthont smith walks around at 220 pounds. He is a humongous middleweight lmao. no wonder he struggled with the weight cut. Now he only needs to cut 15 lbs. It's so much better for him.
Goes to show how big some middleweights really are:luke rockhold probably walks around 215. weidman the same. yoel. jacare and many others.

A Gus-Smith matchup wouldn't make any sense. The fact that Smith just beat two completely shot fighters doesn't magically catapult him to the top of the division. Hell, he got finished by an unranked MW earlier this year.

That being said, Gus's sense of entitlement regarding title shots hasn't made much sense either.

I don't know, but he's been KO'd 7 times already and isn't even 30 years old, so that's not a great sign of future success.

Once in 7 years.Why do people keep bringing this up?

Probably because he's still suffered from multiple concussions, regardless of when they took place?

So he suffered a concussion from that body kick in his one tko loss in 7 years and a concussion in his tko losses before that?I remember him stopped from strikes years and years ago but I don't remember clean KO's.Do you think if a ref stops a fight it's automatically a concussion?Did you watch all his tko losses?Are you a doctor?Are you his mother by any chance?Not a great sign of success for his future?What about the last 7 years has he been getting ko'd?Stfu you idiots and your concussions haha.You're probably one of those guys that was like oh DC got KO'd his chin is done!It's cracked!Everyone that's grown up playing tough sports at a decent level have had multiple concussions.Fact is you have no clue what you're talking about so shut it kid.

How this guy's grappling?
He came into mma as a grappler.. he got into training as a jiu jitsu player after being a wrestler. He still competes in BJJ events. His grappling base is decent.

So he suffered a concussion from that body kick in his one tko loss in 7 years and a concussion in his tko losses before that?I remember him stopped from strikes years and years ago but I don't remember clean KO's.Do you think if a ref stops a fight it's automatically a concussion?Did you watch all his tko losses?Are you a doctor?Are you his mother by any chance?Not a great sign of success for his future?What about the last 7 years has he been getting ko'd?Stfu you idiots and your concussions haha.You're probably one of those guys that was like oh DC got KO'd his chin is done!It's cracked!Everyone that's grown up playing tough sports at a decent level have had multiple concussions.Fact is you have no clue what you're talking about so shut it kid.

Did you watch all of his (T)KO loses yourself? I'm quite certain you don't need to be knocked completely unconscious to suffer from a concussion, and I'm pretty certain you don't need to be a doctor to know that repeated stoppage loses via strikes = brain trauma....brain trauma very bad.

Do you understand now?

A Gus-Smith matchup wouldn't make any sense. The fact that Smith just beat two completely shot fighters doesn't magically catapult him to the top of the division. Hell, he got finished by an unranked MW earlier this year.

That being said, Gus's sense of entitlement regarding title shots hasn't made much sense either.

That's fucking absurd. You're clearly a blind Gus nuthugger. Open your eyes. Everyone else at 205 is coming off a loss or injured. Gus vs Smith makes the most sense.

Alex DOES NOT deserve a title shot right now, so he needs another win. Deal with it.

Likeable guy, on top of being an absolute beast.

Hope he goes far.

Did you watch all of his (T)KO loses yourself? I'm quite certain you don't need to be knocked completely unconscious to suffer from a concussion, and I'm pretty certain you don't need to be a doctor to know that repeated stoppage loses via strikes = brain trauma....brain trauma very bad.

Do you understand now?
Thing is, a TKO loss isn't as bad as a KO loss, and the only actual KO loss he's had was years ago.

His durability is well enough, if it wasn't, he wouldn't have gotten as many comeback wins as he's had.

Back