Anthrax's "Sound of White Noise"

G

Guestx

Inb4 a mod moves this thread to the music forum whose existence I refuse to acknowledge!

Who has thoughts on Anthrax's album Sound of White Noise?

A lot of purists will probably call be a fuckhead--Inb4 a lot of dudes call me a fuckhead--but this is legit the only Anthrax album I listen to. It's not that I hate their other music, it's just that this is the only album that really resonates with me.

Anyone else have appreciation for this album? I love it, personally.

I could definitely throw on some leg warmers and a tank top and do some low intensity aerobics to it.

One thing i liked about Anthrax is they had fantastic singers that stood far about the average abilities for most thrash bands and they continued it when they hired John Bush.

I dont see why a purist would get their panties in a knot over this. Bush even came from a well regarded thrash band in Armored Saint.

Sound of white noise was awesome.

I was a big Anthrax fan as a youngster. I remember getting the SOWN CD in one of those BMG music scam things. Good times. Great album.

One thing i liked about Anthrax is they had fantastic singers that stood far about the average abilities for most thrash bands and they continued it when they hired John Bush.

I dont see why a purist would get their panties in a knot over this. Bush even came from a well regarded thrash band in Armored Saint.

Sound of white noise was awesome.

Yeah, I know I'm as asshole for saying the John Bush era was the best, but I really think it was.

It's not a super heavy album but it's a good one. Only is a fucking solid song.
<Fedor23>

I listened to a lot of metal was I was younger and Anthrax was never popular among the circles I hung out with

Slayer
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
ACDC

These were the big hitters

I was a big Anthrax fan as a youngster. I remember getting the SOWN CD in one of those BMG music scam things. Good times. Great album.

Good stuff, bro.

And right on about the "BMG music scam things."

I think for me it was mostly Columbia House, but yeah, I participated. Those were the days.

<Fedor23>

I listened to a lot of metal was I was younger and Anthrax was never popular among the circles I hung out with

Slayer
Iron Maiden
Megadeath
ACDC

These were the big hitters

Ironically I am at this very moment listening to Maiden.

But yeah, Anthrax has never been a favorite. I just like Sound of White Noise.

Growing up I mostly listened to Metallica, Megadeth, Guns N Roses, Motley Crue and Suicidal Tendencies.

as far as me being a fan of Metal, Anthrax would have to be my mother, probably wouldn't be around anything metal but for them, with that being said, my tastes had changed slightly by the time SOWN was released, Bush was/is an excellent metal vocalist though, SOWN was a solid album, although I didn't really listen to it that much, and to this day, I've never heard Bush sing anything originally sung by Joey Belladonna.

Back