Antidepressants

Laza cds mma

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I am getting off booze and benzos at the same time , i was prescribed lower dose of benzos and a pretty high dose of antidepressants ( for someone who has never taken them before ) , they knock me out ( in a good way ) at night and i sleep like a baby ( after going 7 days cold turkey from both benzos and booze , pure hell ) , so how long do i have to wait until antidepressants start having long term effects ? Thanks for reading the whole thing :)

My physical health is strangely very good , considering that i was taking 5-10 benzos per day with 0;5l of vodka for about 3 months straight.

SSRI's can take weeks for full effect, YMMV.

Congrats for kicking the habits of benzos and alcohol !

My physical health is strangely very good , considering that i was taking 5-10 benzos per day with 0;5l of vodka for about 3 months straight.
Alc will really destroy you only after years of abuse and when your liver is getting shot or taking way higher dosis than 0,5l ov Vodka for only 3 months.

I guess you are still young <40 tho.

Also your doctor should have told you everything about your medication and if not you should have read the little paper in the package explaining everything.

And even if that wouldn't clarify, just fucking google it. You should have an interest in the stuff you've been prescribed but here you are asking some strangers on a karate forum.

Way to take responsibilty for yourself. Good luck, you will need it.
Fucking lazy bum.

Alc will really destroy you only after years of abuse and when your liver is getting shot or taking way higher dosis than 0,5l ov Vodka for only 3 months.

I guess you are still young <40 tho.

i will be 34 on December 27.

i will be 34 on December 27.
Livers are terrifyingly resilient. If you can kick your habits you'll be fine.
I would be actually more worried about the antidepressants lol.

Try to get your shit dealt with in 6 months and discuss with your doctor everything.

Wellbutrin supposedly starts working immediately.

But I found it took about 2 weeks for me to be able to focus on work again while my mom was dying.

And even if that wouldn't clarify, just fucking google it. You should have an interest in the stuff you've been prescribed but here you are asking some strangers on a karate forum.

Way to take responsibilty for yourself. Good luck, you will need it.
Fucking lazy bum.
I did google it , and i did ask her about everything , i was just interested in other people's opinions who were in the same situation , the more information the better.
Maybe you need to pop a benzo , it would calm you down :)

Wellbutrin supposedly starts working immediately.

But I found it took about 2 weeks for me to be able to focus on work again while my mom was dying.
I'm sorry about your mom , my mom died from lung cancer at 51 years old in 2015 , but i used booze to get through it , terrible , i know.

I did google it , and i did ask her about everything , i was just interested in other people's opinions who were in the same situation , the more information the better.
Maybe you need to pop a benzo , it would calm you down :)
Then you should know how and when effects will take in. Anyhows, best of luck.

I'm sorry about your mom , my mom died from lung cancer at 51 years old in 2015 , but i used booze to get through it , terrible , i know.

Thanks, brah.

My mom was 56; she had lung, liver, and bone cancer. Then they found it in her brain a month before she passed in July of 2021.

I developed a really bad coke habit because even though the Wellbutrin helped with focusing at work, it didn't do much else. I had all types of horrible physiological issues as a result of the stress while I was still trying to heal from a really really bad weighlifting injury that I sustained in 2019.

I kicked the coke a year+ ago now, never really did have an addictive personality.

Good luck with ditching alcohol and benzos, if you ever want to talk just PM me.

Pretty good numbers actually, guys at construction site would approve

Sending good vibes for recovery

Antidepressants saved my life. Twice. The last time, i was brain damaged after this car wreck. I am grateful to be alive.

Attachments

• Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 6
Back