Antifa no longer feels safe behind their masks

The problem is that the media are giving these stupid kids the moral high ground.

But but we re fighting nazis and all that.

But with the events and rising tensions of the last 6 months something was going to snap eventually and it will probably just get worse because now people are doubling down for their side. I honestly don't know what people on both sides think they are achieving but its not making things better thats for sure.

I think Fascists believe they are making ground in the USA and are moving forward toward their goal of creating a white ethno-state. They've never had this much attention and their numbers are swelling. At least that's the message David Duke seems to be sending. I wonder if he will win his senate run.

As for the Antifa, I have no idea.

These Nazi's and ANTIFA fucks are equally bad in principal. The hammer and sickle should be just as disturbing as the swastika, especially since more people were killed and subjugated under those symbols over a longer period of time. The only difference in my mind is that ANTIFA is way more prevalent and violent. For some reason they given a free pass by most of the media and general public.

I don't think that's accurate TBH. My impression of the alt-right is that they are largely against the foreign interventions you yourself are complaining about. Antifa appears entirely unconcerned with that issue and is, ergo, opposing the people who are opposing your real problem

I've never heard a leftist calling for nukes in Syria or North Korea. That's mostly a right-wing thing. The Alt-right isn't for isolation. They are for subjugation through the threat and use of WMDs.

These Nazi's and ANTIFA fucks are equally bad in principal. The hammer and sickle should be just as disturbing as the swastika, especially since more people were killed and subjugated under those symbols over a longer period of time. The only difference in my mind is that ANTIFA is way more prevalent and violent. For some reason they given a free pass by most of the media and general public.

Something like 75% of hate crimes are committed by people on the right. Antifa needs to up their hate crime game by a factor of three if they want to get on the Alt-right's level.

Edit: http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

I think Fascists believe they are making ground in the USA and are moving forward toward their goal of creating a white ethno-state. They've never had this much attention and their numbers are swelling. At least that's the message David Duke seems to be sending. I wonder if he will win his senate run.

As for the Antifa, I have no idea.

Yeah I have a hard time believing that in the last 8 months or so Fascists have grown so big and powerful that they can start influencing politics or whatever people are worried about.

As for Antifa they wanted the fight and now look at where we are, Fascists are supposedly more powerful then ever and someone is dead.

I've never heard a leftist calling for nukes in Syria or North Korea. That's mostly a right-wing thing. The Alt-right isn't for isolation. They are for subjugation through the threat and use of WMDs.

Nah, I think you're making the mistake of lumping the entire range of right wing sentiment one might encounter under the label alt-right. The prominent members of their movement - guys like Richard Spencer - are almost entirely anti-interventionalist.

When has the alt-right called for nukes in Syria or North Korea?

I'm pretty sure that one of the common principles amongst most alt-righters, is isolationism from the rest of the world, and opposition to neo-con interventionism. That's why they call themselves the "alt-right".

When has the alt-right called for nukes in Syria or North Korea?

I'm pretty sure that one of the common principles amongst most alt-righters, is isolationism from the rest of the world, and opposition to neo-con interventionism. That's why they call themselves the "alt-right".

Maybe in the 1% of the white supremacist internet intellectuals, but if you walk up to literally anyone at a Trump, Alt-Right, Neo Nazi, or KKK event and ask them what we should do about ISIS or NK, and they will answer, "Kill them all."

C-KcaK9U0AAWsOP.jpg

How ironic to use the term brownshirt while defended a potentially deadly attack by the bike lock professor

Well, I'm not talking about the anti trump crowd, those guys need to get over it. I'm talking about labeling them antifa, when I fully know being a European, how much the movement helped us get free of dictatorships.

Well being European you should also know that current antifa has absolutely nothing to do with its past form. Most of these punks are kids that don't even understand why they are destroying things.

You are also advocating beating up people that you consider racists. How do you check if they are racists before beating them up? Do you also believe in beating people for their opinions? Nice values here.

Maybe in the 1% of the white supremacist internet intellectuals, but if you walk up to literally anyone at a Trump, Alt-Right, Neo Nazi, or KKK event and ask them what we should do about ISIS or NK, and they will answer, "Kill them all."

I don't think the Nazis or KKK are legitimate alt-righters though. By the look of those KKK/Neo-Nazi guys, I doubt they hang around the internet too much and post memes in their past-time. And Trump supporters come from a wide variety backgrounds, a lot of the people are fans of Trump the character, even though they don't really get his politics. That's just the crude reality of it.

Alt-right involves white race-hustling and victimhood, but there are also some ideas that make sense. But as long as they emphasize race-hustling and crying victim, they're not going to represent any kind of a meaningful alternative to the neo-cons.

Something like 75% of hate crimes are committed by people on the right. Antifa needs to up their hate crime game by a factor of three if they want to get on the Alt-right's level.

Edit: http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

1. Snopes is a joke and is biased af. The guy the runs it embezzled money from the company and spent it on hookers. Real quality people there.

2. Hate crimes are not the best metric to use since it's literally a one way street on which groups they choose to prosecute and which one's they protect.

3. This was literally the 1st big event where I've seen actual Neo-Nazi's starting shit, where as ANTIFI/BAMF have been going strong for over a year beating up just normal conservatives. How many marches or demonstrations have Neo-Nazi's disrupted the last 2 years?

1. Snopes is a joke and is biased af. The guy the runs it embezzled money from the company and spent it on hookers. Real quality people there.

2. Hate crimes are not the best metric to use since it's literally a one way street on which groups they choose to prosecute and which one's they protect.

3. This was literally the 1st big event where I've seen actual Neo-Nazi's starting shit, where as ANTIFI/BAMF have been going strong for over a year beating up just normal conservatives. How many marches or demonstrations have Neo-Nazi's disrupted the last 2 years?

Liberals don't listen to facts. You're wasting your time. I mean I respect the effort, just don't get disappointed when they start throwing feces.

Even if they were just showing up just to get violent with some Antifa, that's still better than showing up to get violent with people attending a speech or political rally.
While I am turning against the tactic of the "vocal patriot" crowd's massive, heavily publicized public gatherings for the general idea of spewing their specific ideologies and basically BEGGING antifa etc to show up (I think smaller gatherings focused on protesting specific bills or measures etc, and that goes for both "sides"), I'm glad I came across this post while catching up with this thread.

When it comes to being a minor actor willing to engage in violence, there is no moral reason why those looking to shut down free, permitted speech claim superiority to those looking to allow free speech.

I mean, if the message by the legally-permitted speakers, using their REAL NAMES, is vile and detestable for any reason, then let them put it out there, and shame them by fact-checking or making a counter-argument.

A good left cross to the face might drop a fashcist, but it pushes the words right back down their throat at the same time, disallowing them from digging their own grave with their speech.

These scenes have been playing out for a while now and I've probably consumed on the order of 100+ hours of uncut, raw, first-person footage, mostly of the full events lasting 4 hours typically. In my opinion, the best tactic antifa etc could implement at this exact moment is to attend the rally (for example, the one in Chrissy Field in SF soon and I think Berkeley again coming up soon), ignore everybody in attendance, listen carefully to the speakers, laugh loudly at whatever positions they disagree with, and go home.

It would still warrant massive, crushing national media coverage that drowns out all else and make bobbleheads everywhere bravely weep on camera, and yet it would show a level of maturity that even the elite conservative journo's/pundits would have to acknowledge. It would be nearly the profoundest of political crowd-art and would drastically reduce, maybe to zero, the number of physical confrontations.

In summary, great post; would read again.

1 - Criminal acts by the owner of a company invalidate anything it reports.

2 - Are you suggesting that white people aren't protected by hate crime laws? That's your opinion and not true.

3 - You have to count Trump supporters disrupting lib rallies since they are in the same group as the Neo Nazis.

How this woman is still gainfully employed as a teacher is far beyond my comprehension. Nobody, and I mean nobody, should be a school teacher if they fall that extreme on the ideology spectrum. That includes conservatives. This is mind boggling, and I'd assume that even the liberals on this board would agree that she should be kept far away from impressionable young kids.
Just in case you missed it, rest easy, she's been arrested again (for the second time).

"I'm not really white power, I'm just here to have fun." Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the reason why we can't have nice things.

great rule of thumb is;

if you need to hide your identity while you are doing something...it's probably not a great idea to be doing that something.

Back