Antony Smith 30-13

BJ is 16-12
Randy is 19-11
Hunt is 13-12

Guess they're not very good

He's a good fighter. Checking his record quickly tells his story.

He took 15 fights (15!) from the ages of 19 to 21. And at one point was 5-6 and 8-7 while fighting cans. He took way too many fights when he clearly wasn't ready and probably just had to pay the bills.

Since turning 22 he's 22-6 while fighting in Bellator, Strikeforce, and the UFC. Pretty damn good.

Yes, Shogun is shot but Smith is a solid fighter who is better than his record says.

Last edited:
There's such a lack of common sense amongst " fans" that come on here.Rua (who I've been a supporter of for quite sometime) is not an elite or even top tier fighter anymore. He's only 36 but BECAUSE OF THE WAY he fights, we're basically watching a 42+ year old in the fight game.
Smith needs to check himself a bit because he also beat a "mediocre" Evans (at his stage of career).
As DC says, there are levels my friend.
I'd like to see Smith fight Latifi, OSP or even Rountree at this point and let's just see what happens. Maybe 205 is Smith's class and maybe MAYBE he is an animal .......and maybe not.We see this happen too many times and people still don't learn.
42? Lol I'd seen 42 year olds fight. Guys like Randy and Hendo looked better at 47...than a 36 year old shogun. Shogun is more like a 62 fighter when you factor in his knees. His ACL, MCL, LCL tear, meniscus and patella problems.... IN BOTH KNEES. It's a miracle he could walk. Let alone FIGHT. It all went to pot some 6-7 years ago. His knees failed him. Shogun was one of the best and hardest kickers in the game and he was Quick!!!! Quick enough to catch a prime Machida. That's how quick. Then I think after the 2nd machida fight he had another surgery and just was never the same. Got owned by a young and most likely juiced to the gills Jones. Intro to the downward spiral.

I don't care how you try and swing it

a 30-13 record isn't very good

Yet this guy KOed Shogun

Shogun is 7 years past prime
definitely

noob got lucky that shogun had been lagging for the last 8 years

42? Lol I'd seen 42 year olds fight. Guys like Randy and Hendo looked better at 47...than a 36 year old shogun. Shogun is more like a 62 fighter when you factor in his knees. His ACL, MCL, LCL tear, meniscus and patella problems.... IN BOTH KNEES. It's a miracle he could walk. Let alone FIGHT. It all went to pot some 6-7 years ago. His knees failed him. Shogun was one of the best and hardest kickers in the game and he was Quick!!!! Quick enough to catch a prime Machida. That's how quick. Then I think after the 2nd machida fight he had another surgery and just was never the same. Got owned by a young and most likely juiced to the gills Jones. Intro to the downward spiral.
You get my point--- I used "42+" as a random number because most of the MMA world isn't fighting at 43.
I hate to say it (not really,lol) but that's why Gegard Mousasi is a paradox to this sport.Hes been fighting since 03' ....took very little damage over all these yearz, has a 44-6 record (and has been extremely successful EVERYWHERE including ufc)...36 finishes and is in his prime now and actually seeing the best version of Gegard now.Is there any fighter that can parallel all that.

.....and he's been elite for most of career(outside his first few years)

I usually am a believer in records but this dude has been killing it maybe he's in his zone or maybe he just beat up a couple dudes that should've retired long long ago time will tell but he did beat those two exactly how he should've

Anthony Smith is legit but this fight doesn't prove anything, Shogun and Rashad are beyond washed up, let's see how he handles Corey, Volkan or OSP, then we can talk about a fight with Gustafsson

Is not so much the record but the fact that for the most part he has fought bums and still has that record.

Brock is 5-3.

Anthony Smith has only a couple of losses in the last many years. See.. most of his losses are to complete bums at the start of his career. But he has stepped up in competition ever since because his wins are in Bellator and UFC which counts way more than his losses.

Plus, he looks to be better suited at LHW.

Reminds me of Rumble when he had losses at WW but then broke Andrei's jaw in half.

You get my point--- I used "42+" as a random number because most of the MMA world isn't fighting at 43.
I hate to say it (not really,lol) but that's why Gegard Mousasi is a paradox to this sport.Hes been fighting since 03' ....took very little damage over all these yearz, has a 44-6 record (and has been extremely successful EVERYWHERE including ufc)...36 finishes and is in his prime now and actually seeing the best version of Gegard now.Is there any fighter that can parallel all that.

.....and he's been elite for most of career(outside his first few years)
Why UFC let Mousasi go is a crime. Dude is amazing.

Silva is 15 years past his prime lol and still competitive and beating top ten fighters.Shogun still 3-1 in his last 4 even after this loss LOL<45>

PRIDE NEVER DIE!!!! :mad:

pride-fighting-championships-logo-B8808A4787-seeklogo.com.png

his record is not that great just looking at the W-L-D sums, but there are a lot of guys out there that would love to have 5 knockout victories in the UFC, especially over guys like Shogun, Rashad and Hector Lombard (whatever their current 'prime' status is). the guy is good

it's Sad to see but Shogun should probably retire, if he was in a less terrible division/fought more often he'd probably have picked up a lot more losses

what we are basically saying is that there is always a high luck element in MMA fights

I don't care how you try and swing it

a 30-13 record isn't very good

Yet this guy KOed Shogun

Shogun is 7 years past prime

There's been plenty of guys with a meh record to rise to the top. This aint boxing, who you beat can get you there. Also a lot of them come in only knowing one skill set so have alot of early losses.

Let’s try this idiotic logic. RDA is 28-10, UFC should cut him immediately.

It's very rare UFC signs guys with double-digit losing records who aren't big name established veterans from like PRIDE or somewhere.
You mean like Strikeforce?

Back