Any coin collectors on Sherdog?

I have a few 100oz silver bars but coins are a lot better. You can trade in as many as.you like where bars are one shot. Might cash them in for coins
If I end up opening a restaraunt or something, I swear I'm going to take silver coins at 75% of their weight value lol. I'll make it known.

I've been collecting coins since I was a kid in the 90's.

The Canadian Mint is famous for how good their bullion operation is. And they go as pure as possible. All of their bullion is .9999. The one stain on their record is that their silver Maples develop "milk spots". Some people don't mind them, but detracts from their resale for most people.

You posted bullion in the OP, ultimately I find them boring to collect. But of course, I buy a silver U.S. Eagle and gold U.S. Buffalo very year. I like the gold Buffalo over the gold Eagle because the Buffalo is of higher purity, .9999 vs. the Eagle's .999.

I have coins in my collection from the 1600's.

I stay away from ancient coins because most of the time their authenticity is hard to establish and prove. I have taken metal detecting trips to England and Germany and found Roman coppers. Very few ancient coins go on market, the ones that do are the ones no serious European collector wants.

I dig the idea of barter metal.

+1

Not really barter, but...

Last year, I sold $250 face value of 40% silver Kennedy halves and was cut a nice $1200 check. Picked up a Century Arms C39v2 AK clone with some of it.

Considering starting up. Need to be careful though as most of the places selling coins here are scams, selling worthless coins.

Ancient coins, no. I do have probably around $300 face value in silver, though, ranging from Morgan and peace dollars, standing liberty half dollars, to just junk silver (quarters, dimes, etc) and a box of mint, graded modern silver dollars and several tubes of uncirculated ones.

I also have a wheat penny book. Booyah!

GOAT Coin
g60321.jpg

I have a few 100oz silver bars but coins are a lot better. You can trade in as many as.you like where bars are one shot. Might cash them in for coins

You should get some of these. I have a few:

US-C-S-11-NP8-h-900x900.jpg

I like to buy silver coins here and there. Usually like 5-10 ounces at a time. I'm at about 150 ounces in 1 ounce coins, mostly maples, eagles and NZ ferns.

Not really that serious about it, it's just a nice thing to add to the investment portfolio. Easy enough to buy small amounts and it's something you can actually physically handle and appreciate.

I did make a nice little chunk of change cashing out some coins in 2011 when the shit was going retarded, but for the most part I'm just accumulating.

I like to buy silver coins here and there. Usually like 5-10 ounces at a time. I'm at about 150 ounces in 1 ounce coins, mostly maples, eagles and NZ ferns.

Not really that serious about it, it's just a nice thing to add to the investment portfolio. Easy enough to buy small amounts and it's something you can actually physically handle and appreciate.

I did make a nice little chunk of change cashing out some coins in 2011 when the shit was going retarded, but for the most part I'm just accumulating.

Silver will rise again. I want to get some more before it does. It will be 20.00+ by the end of the year, and maybe more. Remember me saying it... And I know that's no crazy rise lol

when i was a kid i inherited a coin collection, i was told there was some rare and pricey ones in it, anyway we had this junkie crashing at our joint and she stole my collection, i was devastated

I gotta sock of old silver dollars, oldest one is 1893 I think.

I inherited part of my grandfathers coin collection when he passed away last year. He collected mostly based on silver content so there’s a lot of pre-1960’s US and canadian stuff. Quarters, half dollars etc. He also had a full set of Chinese zodiac silver coins and a set from 1979(the year I was born) and a set from 2015(year my daughter was born).

I’ve bought a couple of silver eagles and maple leafs here and there. Also have a couple silver bars. Thinking about starting with gold now. Either getting the 1/10 oz rounds more often or waiting and getting an ounce less often when I have the funds saved.

Back