Any Dice, Wood, Crowder, and/or Shapiro fans?

I'm not familiar with Wood. I do not care much for Crowder or Mark Dice. I have a lot of respect for Ben Shapiro and I listen to him once in awhile, but something about him annoys me. Shaprio comes off as a snarky weasel.

I feel the same way about Cruz
like he doesn't appear on camera to be overly intelligent, but he was national debator of the year (twice) at Princeton, then went to Harvard Law and was the editor of the Law Review

clearly something just isn't translating on camera, b/c he is apparently significantly more intelligent than he appears

Oh no doubt Ted Cruz is intelligent in the traditional sense of the word. People like him seem to have this ability to suspend common sense in other areas though. i.e. religion. I would bet though if you put a gun to his head and made him choose he may choose wisely

What kind of political experience you need to run for senator? Is there a ladder you need to climb?
Depends on the background, clearly most come from law but usually have some form of political experience prior
Ted Cruz, for example, was the Texas Solicitor General and a domestic policy advisor to W's campaign

Feinstein, to use another side's example, was mayor of SFC and ran for Cali Governor prior to the Senate

she last practiced law when?
accomplished what exactly as first lady hahah?

Yeah, she stopped practicing law to help with Bill's career (and it was widely known that they were a team, and she was the more-impressive member). And are you unfamiliar with SCHIP? Generally a key staffer in the Clinton WH.

would anyone know her name if it was merely Hilary Rodham?

Of course. She was nationally well-known as Hillary Rodham. Chaired the Legal Services Corporation, among many other things. You should just read her Wiki page.

Anyway, point is that you're extremely inconsistent in your comments on the signalling value of an Ivy League law degree. If it's someone you don't consider to be in your tribe, it's nothing; if it's someone in your tribe, it's a great accomplishment that means they're really impressive (and that version is closer to the truth).

Depends on the background, clearly most come from law but usually have some form of political experience prior
Ted Cruz, for example, was the Texas Solicitor General and a domestic policy advisor to W's campaign

Hmm. Obviously, by your own standards, Clinton was far more qualified than Cruz, right?

Crazy attempt at patricide aside, Wood is a good dude.

I think Ben is OK. Agree with some things, disagree on a bunch more.

Crowder can be funny at times.

Mark Dice is terrible and has no redeeming qualities. Poor man's Paul Joseph Watson.

Christina Hoff Sommers is someone else worth listening to:

I don’t know any of them but that Dice video was hilarious so I’ll check out more

Canadace Owens (Red Pill Black)

Harvey Weinstein, Eminem, and why the left can't stop losing

Yeah, she stopped practicing law to help with Bill's career (and it was widely known that they were a team, and she was the more-impressive member). And are you unfamiliar with SCHIP? Generally a key staffer in the Clinton WH.

Of course. She was nationally well-known as Hillary Rodham. Chaired the Legal Services Corporation, among many other things. You should just read her Wiki page.

Anyway, point is that you're extremely inconsistent in your comments on the signalling value of an Ivy League law degree. If it's someone you don't consider to be in your tribe, it's nothing; if it's someone in your tribe, it's a great accomplishment that means they're really impressive (and that version is closer to the truth).

Hmm. Obviously, by your own standards, Clinton was far more qualified than Cruz, right?
no, not even close
Solicitor General was exponentially more qualifying than anything Hilary ever did

am a daily listener to shapiro's podcast, and i like a lot of what crowder has to say, even though his attempts at humor can be real cringy-worthy at times.

Last edited:
A quasi intelligent smug asshole? Granted the guy knows his side of the issues but he has a very punchable face

Quasi intelligent? Really???

And yet, you downplay the punchableness of his face? It's extremely punchable, if not downright irresistibly punchable.

I like Shapiro except for his delivery, feel like the speed at which he speaks can turn some people off.

I enjoy Crowder sometimes but he can get real preachy like the people he mocks at times too.

am a daily listener to shapiro's podcast, and i like a lot of what crowder has to say, even though his attempts at humor can be real cringy-worthy at times.
I would rather listen to a political pundit TRY to be funny, than to be lectured by comedians trying to guilt trip others into doing what they want.

@StevenCrowder doesn't typically get the lulz but he at least makes his arguments in something resembling fact.

I've been studying Shapiro for the last month or so (since a longer thread about him). He is honestly a terrible debater but a fantastic rhetoric lobber.

Crowder doesn't deserve dissection. Shapiro at least is intelligent. He simply knows the money is in the propaganda via rallying the base.

I'm not familiar with Wood. I do not care much for Crowder or Mark Dice. I have a lot of respect for Ben Shapiro and I listen to him once in awhile, but something about him annoys me. Shaprio comes off as a snarky weasel.

Yeah, Shapiro comes off like that. He's always sober in his opinions, though.

Stephen Crowder is a jackass. His videos on climate change, where he deliberately distorted information was pathetic.

Dice is nothing but a confirmation bias using asshole.

I would rather listen to a political pundit TRY to be funny, than to be lectured by comedians trying to guilt trip others into doing what they want.

@StevenCrowder doesn't typically get the lulz but he at least makes his arguments in something resembling fact.

given the two, i'd rather take a serious political commentator like shapiro. i do think crowder gives a lot of arguments with facts. when he's funny, he's great. it just doesn't happen as often as i'd like.

I was a kid at the time but I remember watching these cartoons were Bill was portrayed as dumb and Hillary as smart

Back