Any fighters cut 30lbs or more?

The word "cutting" gets used wrong at times. If you mean pure water weight, which is what cutting is like a day or two before weigh-ins, then 30lbs would seem impossible.

But some people use the word "cutting" when they actually start training for a bout and they begin to "cut" out the BS foods meanwhile picking up workout intensity. This could be done 1-3 months away from weigh-in and 30lbs is probably quite a regular number.

Basically anybody cutting 30lbs on fight week or a day or two before hitting the scales is severely punishing their bodies and are ruining the sport.

Didn't Melvin Guillard frequently cut around 40 to make lightweight?

Also, see Anthony Johnson and WW Hendricks.

Ilir Latifi cut around 30 to make the debut against Mousasi on like 3 days notice

Didn't Melvin Guillard frequently cut around 40 to make lightweight?

Also, see Anthony Johnson and WW Hendricks.
Guillard? I doubt it. He was muscular but I don’t think he cut that much.

Rumble weight cuts were brutal. That’s most likely why his body couldn’t make it too many times.

I don’t know how much Hathaway used to cut but god damn did he look drained and LOW fat.

22_JohnHathawayUFC114w.jpg

If you mean cutting from walkaround weights, most of the top LWs walk around at close to 200 pounds or even a bit more. If you mean cutting water in the last couple of days:

McGregor in FW. 177 to 145. 32 pounds.
There was a guy that cut from 186 to 155 in a day or so in the LW division. 31 pounds.
Kevin lee cut from 185 to 155 in a couple days. 30 pounds.

I'm sure there are a lot more but these are the recent ones.

Last edited:
Guillard? I doubt it. He was muscular but I don’t think he cut that much.

Rumble weight cuts were brutal. That’s most likely why his body couldn’t make it too many times.

I don’t know how much Hathaway used to cut but god damn did he look drained and LOW fat.

22_JohnHathawayUFC114w.jpg

totally forgot about this dude. That's gnarly.

That is an insane cut. I always wanted the UFC/MMA to list fight night weights on the Tale of the Tape. They do that in Boxing. Would be good to see what each fighter weighs on fight night.

Lots do.

Any heavyweight that weighs in at 265 probably cut 30 lbs.

Conor was 175 2 weeks before the Aldo fight.

Nate cut 150 lbs for the first Conor fight and gained it back by fight time...

According to GSP, Anderson Silva cuts 49 lbs to make 185.

Maybe everyday/walk around weight. But then diet and training drops weight during camp, then you cut weight from there.
Most fans don't know what cutting weight is, they think any weight they lose it's considered cut weight

Conor did when he was a featherweight. He was 177 in the cage against Aldo.

Back