Any fighters cut 30lbs or more?

So Nate weighed 525 then before cut.
Nate is just taller than Conor. If Nate weighs more than Conor it's about 5 pounds at the most. Alvarez use to cut like 10 pounds to make 170 so he's a good sized LW. And we all saw that Conor was about 15 pounds bigger than Alvarez. Conor and Nate are 2 of the biggest lightweights ever.

I think all these numbers are too high. Sub 170 pounders cut 20 pounds max usually. Cruz is likely 155/156, Holloway and mendes 175 max etc.

When I was a (no abs in) 165 at 5'10 71 inch reach I had a 400+ deadlift and 275 bench. Holloway and mendes (at 5'6 and 5'10ish) look 10 percent or under on fight night. No way they are 181+ at sub 10 percent bodyfat at those heights (northcutt is like 180 8 percent bf at 6' for example).
Well being I train with or have trained with those I mention, I will stick to my own words and realities.. I'm a 2-1, 39 yr old turned pro at 35 yrs old for shits plus a few giggles, nobody in the game, and I myself walk around at 166-168, cut from 155-157, and fought at 135.. it's normal and natural to do so, especially for us men who wrestled in hs and college, and fought for military combative teams, to cut weight like so as an adult. You speak like all body types are the same and bodies work similar.. I'm 39, and look 20, carry 6% bodyfat and still am able to cut the weight clean and easily. Genetics and body make up, go a long way over what one feels is right or wrong.

Well being I train with or have trained with those I mention, I will stick to my own words and realities.. I'm a 2-1, 39 yr old turned pro at 35 yrs old for shits plus a few giggles, nobody in the game, and I myself walk around at 166-168, cut from 155-157, and fought at 135.. it's normal and natural to do so, especially for us men who wrestled in hs and college, and fought for military combative teams, to cut weight like so as an adult. You speak like all body types are the same and bodies work similar.. I'm 39, and look 20, carry 6% bodyfat and still am able to cut the weight clean and easily. Genetics and body make up, go a long way over what one feels is right or wrong.

39 with a 6% body fat...

Do tell us about what you are cycling?

I'm legitimately interested.

That's peak-week before a show low.

Drew Dober @ lightweight was 183lbs at UFC 214 when he stepped in the cage, so not far from 30. Considering that, plenty more fighters are likely to be cutting the same amount.

Sam Alvey just mentioned he cuts from "north of 220" to get to 185.

So that's over 35 pounds.

People don't understand the difference between losing weight and cutting. Do some guys come into the start of camp 40+ lbs above fight weight? Sure, but that's because they let themselves put on fat between fights. But no one is cutting 25% of their natural, lean, in shape body weight lol. Also, the more extreme weight cutters are highly unlikely to be doing this without some sort of chemical assistance. Although since USADA a lot of guys have either moved up or stayed at the same weight but no longer carry anywhere near the same muscle mass.

Don't know how much James Irvin cut but must have been a lot since this was he's only middleweight fight.
20100320050418_img_9166.jpg

jamesirvin_weighins_skinny.jpg

Some fighters cut more than 30 pounds, but Diaz cut 340 pounds to reach the 170 pound limit according to conor atleast.

Back