any good advanced boxing tutorials on youtube

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
id love to see some pros breakdown certain things curious if theres some good strategies and things uploaded on youtube to watch

There is a ton of great stuff on Youtube, anything specific you are looking for? I am constantly watching boxing training videos and have learned a great amount from the coaches videos on there alone.

i love to study random things n mma and love to get otherss opinions as well

sadly everything i see is very basic like how t throw a jab ect

mostly made by mma gyms and most mma gyms dont have good boxing people i guess good boxing gyms are private and dont like putting stuff out there

Check out this youtube channel: esnews

Elie Seckbach puts up vids daily from California boxing gyms, lots of videos of coaches sharing their training tips and techniques.

There are lots of other videos from others as well, not sure if they'd be too basic for you but here's some more l like.

Precision striking
Fighttips
Myboxingcoach
Daskalo Jacob
Marvin Cook
Nate bower fitness

Just to name a few

the first guy you listed elie just has interviews and watching guys hit bags from what iv seen illc heck the others i appreciate it

Love these old videos. This guys chanel also has ones with Bernard Hopkins and Rickey Hatton. There is also a Tyson one out there somewhere

Edit: Bernard has a ton of videos on youtube. Just search Bernard Hopkins perfect execution (lol gimmikey ass name)

Here's the low-down:

You'll find SOME stuff on youtube, there's gems for certain, from credible sources as well. You also have the guys who provide more video analysis of old fights, which is okay. But the truth behind that is very few of them actually teach and have fighters that replicate much of what you see in those videos. This is because having an eye and being able to break down a video is much easier than actually getting someone who doesn't already have an education to do the thing you're seeing WHILE someone is trying to hit them in the face.

As of right now, you won't find too much IN-DEPTH instruction on youtube for a couple of reasons. 1) It's not easy to make $ doing that, and most of us full-time trainers need to make a living. So it's much more economically viable to teach people in person. 2) Anyone who is credible and is making a living teaching doesn't have the kind of time necessary to do very in-depth instructional material. 3) It's not as compartmentalized as say, making a DVD series where people have to buy it to get the information. Most of what you see from guys like Kenny Weldon or Freddy Roach are from old tapes you once had to buy.

The closest you'll likely get is that some of us can do online tutoring.

Here's the low-down:

You'll find SOME stuff on youtube, there's gems for certain, from credible sources as well. You also have the guys who provide more video analysis of old fights, which is okay. But the truth behind that is very few of them actually teach and have fighters that replicate much of what you see in those videos. This is because having an eye and being able to break down a video is much easier than actually getting someone who doesn't already have an education to do the thing you're seeing WHILE someone is trying to hit them in the face.

As of right now, you won't find too much IN-DEPTH instruction on youtube for a couple of reasons. 1) It's not easy to make $ doing that, and most of us full-time trainers need to make a living. So it's much more economically viable to teach people in person. 2) Anyone who is credible and is making a living teaching doesn't have the kind of time necessary to do very in-depth instructional material. 3) It's not as compartmentalized as say, making a DVD series where people have to buy it to get the information. Most of what you see from guys like Kenny Weldon or Freddy Roach are from old tapes you once had to buy.

The closest you'll likely get is that some of us can do online tutoring.
I have the Kenny Weldon DVDs "Becoming a better boxer" vol 1-3. Some pretty cool stuff in there, but as with all instructionals I feel like theres a few caveats. You have to be at a certain level to be able to really get something out of them on your own. Not just in your skills, but also in your proficiency in planning and programming your training. I'm only now slowly starting to feel like I can implement some of the things.

Also, it's no substitution for a good coach. Having someone there to correct you, help you understand and tailor the moves and information to you, is invaluable in all fields. That's the core of all coaching, and you wont get that through a youtube video, or a DVD. That and you need partners as well.

Check out this youtube channel: esnews

Elie Seckbach puts up vids daily from California boxing gyms, lots of videos of coaches sharing their training tips and techniques.

There are lots of other videos from others as well, not sure if they'd be too basic for you but here's some more l like.

Precision striking
Fighttips
Myboxingcoach
Daskalo Jacob
Marvin Cook
Nate bower fitness

Just to name a few

I have to train alone often because of work times so I have watched a lot of the videos. Especially Precision Striking who sometimes works with Nate Bower. I am a beginner so its maybe hybris to say that but Nate Bower has bad footwork and body composure in general that I dont even watch the videos Precision Striking does with him anymore. I have seen right cross with rear leg in the air..etc.

I would never write that on youtube as he is giving this up for free and thats great! Just my point here with my fellow sherdoggers ;)

Other than that I have learned quite some things with Precision Striking. Basics like pivoting, footwork drills....etc. and it has helped me a lot for boxing training. At this point I have learned much more on my own with his youtube videos then in training. I will buy something in his store this year to support him for all the advice. Good advice should always be worth something to the consumer.

And I rewatch the fights sinister posts from time to time. I can learn more from them then by watching Canelo -GGG and other world class fights. Dont know why but its much better to look for things to learn for myself. Like with Mike how he enters into body punches.

Big plus when training alone is that you can pace like you want and in my case I do much much more basics especially footwork and do them without any time restrictions.

Learning on your own requires a lot of structure. I do have files on every punch & tactics..etc. I regularly write in and train by that. And well without a boxing coach to correct the mistakes that all is worthless in the end.

Last edited:
I have to train alone often because of work times so I have watched a lot of the videos. Especially Precision Striking who sometimes works with Nate Bower. I am a beginner so its maybe hybris to say that but Nate Bower has such bad footwork and body composure in general that I dont even watch the videos Precision Striking does with him anymore. I have seen right cross with rear leg in the air..etc.

I would never write that on youtube as he is giving this up for free and thats great! Just my point here with my fellow sherdoggers ;)

Other than that I have learned quite some things with Precision Striking. Basics like pivoting, footwork drills....etc. and it has helped me a lot for boxing training. At this point I have learned much more on my own with his youtube videos then in training. I will buy something in his store this year to support him for all the advice. Good advice should always be worth something to the consumer.

And I rewatch the fights sinister posts from time to time. I can learn more from them then by watching Canelo -GGG and other world class fights. Dont know why but its much better to look for things to learn for myself. Like with Mike how he enters into body punches.

Big plus when training alone is that you can pace like you want and in my case I do much much more basics especially footwork and do them without any time restrictions.

Learning on your own requires a lot of structure. I do have files on every punch & tactics..etc. I regularly write in and train by that. And well without a boxing coach to correct the mistakes that all is worthless in the end.

I also train alone a lot, can only get to the gym once a week, so have turned my garage into a boxing gym and part of my basement into a weight room. Always on the lookout for new drills/techniques/ideas to use in training, and actually feel it may give me a leg up on those who train solely at the gym. There is some good stuff on youtube, it is just a matter of finding it. Tons of basic stuff, but there are SOME advanced drills/techniques/theory/tactics there, just have to search hard to find it.

I also like Mindsmash youtube channel. It delves a lot into philosophy and mindset of fighters, as well as breaking down some fights/styles/techniques etc., and I think this aspect is often overlooked and is beneficial to any fighter.

Last edited:
I have trained a lot on my own and it did not end up well. I created a great amount of bad habits and I am trying to unlearn them.

I would advice anyone doing it to practice mainly whatever they have learned in the gym not from you tube and use the mirror.

Right now the biggest 2 mistakes I have are leaning forward and my rear foot standing flat and not on toes which fucks me up all the time in spars. I had huge problems being front foot heavy, leaning forward and a bad guard.

I have trained a lot on my own and it did not end up well. I created a great amount of bad habits and I am trying to unlearn them.

I would advice anyone doing it to practice mainly whatever they have learned in the gym not from you tube and use the mirror.

Right now the biggest 2 mistakes I have are leaning forward and my rear foot standing flat and not on toes which fucks me up all the time in spars. I had huge problems being front foot heavy, leaning forward and a bad guard.

Yeah that's a problem. That's why I'm glad I still get to the gym once a week, but I also use a gopro camera to record all my home workouts and evaluate them after, and shadowbox with a mirror. The camera has been invaluable while training alone, I'm sure it would be hard without that feedback to learn correct form/technique.

looks like everyone beat me to it regarding all the good youtube channels so Ill just throw in there that you might want to take a look at my channel, i have a few boxing combos on there. Regarding the youtube boxing channels, Daskalo Jacob is great.

I worked with this dude at a seminar a while back and really like his style and approach to boxing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLV_vJWXu9RI6eE9QiUBfOQ

thanks for posting this, i used to follow the guys instagram. Great stuff. interesting how hes in laos. I was trying to find his instagram again but couldnt. didnt know he had a youtube.

ok now I gotta edit it, after watching again, its a different guy.......I think..lol

thanks for posting this, i used to follow the guys instagram. Great stuff. interesting how hes in laos. I was trying to find his instagram again but couldnt. didnt know he had a youtube.

ok now I gotta edit it, after watching again, its a different guy.......I think..lol
he travels around teaching. We crossed paths at CSA, but I’ve seen him teaching in Thailand and the Middle East

Back