Any good gym in Norcal (San Jose)

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
So my friend who lives in Cali has been at a UFC gym for about 6 months. Needless to say it’s pretty garbage. The only option me and him could find was AKA and it’s pretty expensive.

Any good Kickboxing/MMA gyms?

I live in bay area and I know the SJ area well. You guys want to talk to me about it? Are you from bay area too?

isnt CSA out that way? also fairtex? I think theres a few decent MT and MMA gyms in the bay area. I just did a quick google search and looks like theres a Bang MT up there. Might want to check that out. Dek wat possibly, World team USA. Seems like CSA in Dublin would be the best choice

out of all the gyms I searched, none of them listed any of their coaches accomplishments, which most likely means they have none.

This place seemed promising based of the head coaches experience.

http://www.chaiyomuaythai.com/index.html

isnt CSA out that way? also fairtex? I think theres a few decent MT and MMA gyms in the bay area. I just did a quick google search and looks like theres a Bang MT up there. Might want to check that out. Dek wat possibly, World team USA. Seems like CSA in Dublin would be the best choice

out of all the gyms I searched, none of them listed any of their coaches accomplishments, which most likely means they have none.

Thanks. He’s probably gonna go to AKA, Maybe bang or CSA. I don’t think he’s particularly into pure MT even though that gym looks legit

I'd love to make friends with more MA around my area. Let me know if you or he's interested to train together and heighten our skills and exchange knowledge.... thanks...

I'd love to make friends with more MA around my area. Let me know if you or he's interested to train together and heighten our skills and exchange knowledge.... thanks...
Ohh that’s what u meant. I was very confused at your first post in the thread. I live in Hawaii but my friend lives in SJ. He’s only been training 6 months at a ufc gym but once he finds a new gym I can let you know if you want

Ohh that’s what u meant. I was very confused at your first post in the thread. I live in Hawaii but my friend lives in SJ. He’s only been training 6 months at a ufc gym but once he finds a new gym I can let you know if you want

where in HI are you?

Any reason? Better than AKA?

I'm going to tell you this right now, you might find a gym that's cheaper than aka, and that's pretty decent, maybe has a few champions.... but you are not going to find a gym that's better than aka for a more than affordable price. I'm telling you this right now because I don't know if you went through the same shit, but I spent a year looking for a decent gym to train at in New Jersey, but most of them wanted you to sign a contract (which is what made it soooooo expensive). Now I'm finally at a fight gym, it might be more affordable, it has some good fighters and even an adult wrestling class (which is what I've always wanted to do) but it's just mma and bjj and they teach only full mma classes and bjj (which is good.). Anyways just don't expect a extremely affordable gym to be as good as AKA.

Yeah, by all means. DM me his email or something and I can hit him up

In the same area, there's Team Rey's Muay Thai and other places like KOA Fitness but I'm not sure if their muay thai is good. Would you consider this good muay thai?

In the same area, there's Team Rey's Muay Thai and other places like KOA Fitness but I'm not sure if their muay thai is good. Would you consider this good muay thai?

i think any gym that is willing to put the time and effort into their guys to produce fighters is a good place. i just skimmed through the vids.

If I lived in that area, CSA would be my first pick. I havent trained there so I dont know what its like but its supposed to be one of the best gyms around.

Back