Any information about "Wu Lin Feng"? - January 31 - Amazing Kickboxing Event

marcus has had only 1 fight for glory and him and kraus had both fought for WLF before so it is not the same as the last event

Ok little dick, as soon as your sick men of the east fighters knock some Thais out give me a shout... Even small japan fucks up your massive pussy country every time that you fight. You just don't have the fighting spirit like most over countries....Sorry

hi mate, here's your so called sick man of the east (and he sure is SICK) knocking out a Thai, Im sure that Sagetdao Pethpayathai is a nobody fighter to u now, healthy man of the west.

[YT]watch?v=Xniz6M1ayKI[/YT]

oh guess what this is a MAX MUAY Thai promotion with WLF, all the judges are Thai and so is the ref who stopped it

Gotta love the Chinese fans. Anytime a Chinese fighter beats a good Thai they make it out to be the biggest deal ever, but when they lose to a good Thai it's never talked about. The spin doctors on youtube are particularly hilarious.

*waits for Chinese fans to come in and call me a dirty brown monkey*

That chinese guy destroyed Simon Marcus, holy shit! im shocked

More videos anywhere?

Or at least all the results?

Gotta love the Chinese fans. Anytime a Chinese fighter beats a good Thai they make it out to be the biggest deal ever, but when they lose to a good Thai it's never talked about. The spin doctors on youtube are particularly hilarious.

*waits for Chinese fans to come in and call me a dirty brown monkey*
Is this directed towards us? First, I don't care about Chinese fighters, I only pay attention to Sanda fighters, because I train in it. I do not care about guys like Zhou Zhipeng because he trains in something different entirely. If Salihov Muslim is in the same card as Xu Yan, I will be paying more attention to Salihov all day long.

Second, no one made a big deal out of it, the only moron here making idiotic derogatory comments is benj2006 who said that Chinese fighters aren't at the top level and can't compete with the top Thais because of racial characteristics and we are just giving him a reality check. The top Chinese fighters today definitely CAN compete with the top kickboxers in the world, if this event and the few others in the past does not prove this already then I don't know what will.

Also, if the Chinese fighter is one of the best in China, like if Zhang Kaiyin or Fang Bian lost here, it WILL be talked about, but no one cares about guys like Xu Yan or some unknown guys, and even fighters like Jiang Chunpeng is just second tier, the best Sanda fighter the Thais beat in the Wu Lingfeng in a long time was probably Dong Wengfei and he fought quite competitively against Buakaw.

Last edited:
Is this directed towards us? First, I don't care about Chinese fighters, I only pay attention to Sanda fighters, because I train in it. I do not care about guys like Zhou Zhipeng because he trains in something different entirely. If Salihov Muslim is in the same card as Xu Yan, I will be paying attention to Salihov all day long.

Second, no one made a big deal out of it, the only moron here making idiotic derogatory comments is benj2006 who said that Chinese fighters aren't at the top level and can't compete with the top Thais and we are just giving him a reality check. The top Chinese fighters today definitely CAN compete with the top kickboxers in the world, if this event and the few others in the past does not prove this already then I don't know what will.

Also, if the Chinese fighter is one of the best in China, like if Zhang Kaiyin or Fang Bian lost here, it WILL be talked about, but no one cares about guys like Xu Yan or some unknown guys, and even fighters like Jiang Chunpeng is just second tier, the best Chinese fighter the Thais beat in the Wu Lingfeng in a long time was probably Dong Wengfei and he fought quite competitively against Buakaw.

What Thais have competed in Wu Lingfeng?

China has consistently beaten top Thai fighters in almost every exchange bout losing far less than they win.

Yep, you're certainly a spin doctor.

What Thais have competed in Wu Lingfeng?

I assume you haven't read this thread. Saenchai and Buakaw both did along with many others which has already been mentioned.

Yep, you're certainly a spin doctor.

Its a fact. I'm only talking about unified rules bouts (not kickboxing) and not about the earlier bouts from 2001-2009 (there are 6 official Martial Association sanctioned ones and several marketing ones), where there are large discrepancies towards the rules.
From 2009 there has been several unified rules bouts where the rules are relatively fair, with high level fighters and the Sanda side won every time in total number of victories. The knockouts coming from the Chinese sides have increased significantly and almost rivaled the knockouts that the MT side dished, but the Sanda side still consistently scored higher on the quantity of hits, they simply adapted whereas the MT side did less.
In any case I used it to prove my point when he made an ignorant post. That's all.

Last edited:
This thread is quickly becoming an Asian race war and i like it lets get that racist Chinese guy from youtube xinyiquan666 in here

This thread is quickly becoming an Asian race war and i like it lets get that racist Chinese guy from youtube xinyiquan666 in here

It isn't. I keep it solely as a Sanda vs MT debate, as the MT side has a bunch of non-Thais, whereas the Sanda side is almost all Chinese, but China actually invited Salihov Muslim one year but he backed out at the last minute from injury.
I'm not even trying to prove which is superior, as that's just stupid. They both have their characteristics and have strengths under different rules, I'm merely analyzing it and challenging the notion that Chinese fighters can't compete at the top level in kickboxing. The only person making racist comment here is benj2006 and lets not have any more of that.

Last edited:
I assume you haven't read this thread. Saenchai and Buakaw both did along with many others which has already been mentioned.

Its a fact. I'm only talking about unified rules bouts (not kickboxing) and not about the earlier bouts from 2001-2009 (there are 6 official Martial Association sanctioned ones and several marketing ones), where there are large discrepancies towards the rules.
From 2009 there has been several unified rules bouts where the rules are relatively fair, with high level fighters and the Sanda side won every time in total number of victories. The knockouts coming from the Chinese sides have increased significantly and almost rivaled the knockouts that the MT side dished, but the Sanda side still consistently scored higher on the quantity of hits, they simply adapted whereas the MT side did less.
In any case I used it to prove my point when he made an ignorant post. That's all.

Ok, Saenchai is 1 guy and that fight was 4 1/2 years ago. What other "high level" fighters have gone down "every time?" Buakaw won, so that proves that wrong. Also WLF has shown they will lie about who the fighters REALLY are. They promoted Yi Long vs Jomthong Chuwattana, and it wasn't even him! Just look at this video. It is NOT Jomthong Chuwattana but look at the graphic at 1:20! That is a picture of the actual Jomthing Chuwattana.

Why are you limiting this to these "unified rules" bouts to try and prove your point? Anyways, I've seen plenty of good Thais beat Sanda, Wushu or whatever fighters in different rules, but you act like the Chinese crush them every time.

Ok, Saenchai is 1 guy and that fight was 4 1/2 years ago. What other "high level" fighters have gone down "every time?" Buakaw won, so that proves that wrong. Also WLF has shown they will lie about who the fighters REALLY are. They promoted Yi Long vs Jomthong Chuwattana, and it wasn't even him! Just look at this video. It is NOT Jomthong Chuwattana but look at the graphic at 1:20! That is a picture of the actual Jomthing Chuwattana.

I was talking about unified bouts, not kickboxing. I do not consider Wu Lingfeng matches really China vs. Thailand, as it is not really fought in that format even if most fights are pitting Chinese against foreign fighters. It was a response to his comment that Chinese fighters will get crushed in Lumpinee stadium, to which I responded that the rules are different, just as Thais will get thrashed in Sanda bouts and I brought up unified bouts where both sides can use their weapons and said that the Sanda fighters still won those every time since 2009.

Why are you limiting this to these "unified rules" bouts to try and prove your point? Anyways, I've seen plenty of good Thais beat Sanda, Wushu or whatever fighters in different rules, but you act like the Chinese crush them every time.

The Chinese have won the vast majority of their fights against the Thais in unified bouts. It was 4:1 in 2009, 3:2 in 2010, 5:0 in 2012, which is what I meant by "every time".
I am not claiming the Chinese beat the Thais every time in all kinds of bouts, nor did I make the claim that Chinese fighters are better, I was just trying to prove that the Chinese have no problem beating top level Thais when that racist claimed they weren't at that level.

Last edited:

Jomthong would not fight vs Yi Long even if he wanted loose time.

he fight at 55-60kg , and the bum fight at 72-75kg lol

I was talking about unified bouts, not kickboxing. It was a response to his comment that Chinese fighters will get crushed in Lumpinee stadium, to which I responded that the rules are different, just as Thais will get thrashed in Sanda bouts and I brought up unified bouts where both sides can use their weapons and said that the Sanda fighters still won those every time since 2009.

The Chinese have won the vast majority of their fights against the Thais in unified bouts. It was 4:1 in 2009, 3:2 in 2010, 5:0 in 2012, which is what I meant by "every time".
I am not claiming the Chinese beat the Thais every time in all kinds of bouts, nor did I make the claim that Chinese fighters are better, I was just trying to prove that the Chinese have no problem beating top level Thais when that racist claimed they weren't at that level.

Can you list those fights? You keep bringing up the Chinese fighters owning, but all you've shown as proof is Saenchai losing 4 1/2 years ago.

I don't really understand this unified rules stuff. Seems like some Chinese spin doctor stuff to me. I see and hear about Thai vs China fights in different kinds of rules all the time, and is it just when the Chinese win it's considered unified rules, or worth keeping track?

I brought up unified bouts where both sides can use their weapons and said that the Sanda fighters still won those every time since 2009.
So the Thai's can use elbows and clinch to their hearts desire in these "unified bouts"?

Hey mate i agree that thats not jomthong but its not put up by WLF. The Thai there is Jonthonnoi. so in chinese it sounds something like jomthong. His name is Jonthonnoi Boon Muay Thai Gym, he train in Boon muaythai gym in Guangzhou.

Why would they call him jomthong chuwattana then put the real jomthong chuwattana in months later

Anyway the only stuff WLF puts up on youtube is their weekly shows you can find their channel here

https://www.youtube.com/user/wulinfengofficial

The rest of the stuff u see out there are just fan uploaded. They only upload their weekly tv programme which airs every Friday.

WLF does not really give a flying f about English names et. al but is improving. Their market in China is huge and even without the rest of the world caring they will make decent money.

THe stuff u see on youtube with hyped titles are usually uploaded by people like xinyiquan and the like which i dont even take seriously.

Yes i agree that the picture they used was a mistake. But WLF is has never been known to be accurate in this area. They don't keep records properly, And overall in terms of fighter information and the like theres much left to be desired. Honestly though they care the slightest what you guys think of it. They are heavily supported by Henan Satellite TV and the ads are where they get the money.

And whether you like it or not, they will continue to hold big fights for us to watch for free.
WLF has just announced that on the first Saturday of every month starting March that they will run a 3hr live show so you're gonna see more of this

Last edited:
So the Thai's can use elbows and clinch to their hearts desire in these "unified bouts"?

The unified bouts are those that they used to do like Muay Thai Vs Sanda events, Thailand Vs. China events. basically they will wear elbow pads you can elbow, clinch and all but you can also use Sanda sweeps throws, and the Thais can do hip throws as well.

I was talking about unified bouts, not kickboxing. I do not consider Wu Lingfeng matches really China vs. Thailand, as it is not really fought in that format even if most fights are pitting Chinese against foreign fighters. It was a response to his comment that Chinese fighters will get crushed in Lumpinee stadium, to which I responded that the rules are different, just as Thais will get thrashed in Sanda bouts and I brought up unified bouts where both sides can use their weapons and said that the Sanda fighters still won those every time since 2009.

Which are the top thais that have lost against the chinese?

The unified bouts are those that they used to do like Muay Thai Vs Sanda events, Thailand Vs. China events. basically they will wear elbow pads you can elbow, clinch and all but you can also use Sanda sweeps throws, and the Thais can do hip throws as well.

Sanda has many takedowns that are banned in Muay Thai right? Are these takedowns allowed?

Back