Any News About Gomi on NYE?

TheWalrusNo9

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
His knee looked fucked vs Melvin, but he mentioned potentially using NYE as a retirement fight.

Has anyone heard anything recent about this?

They probably can't afford him because of Floyd. They couldn't afford Cro Cop, Gabi Garcia, Kawajiri, Asakura brothers, or a second show either.

Rizin' hope Bj Penn lose Vs Hall
And gets released after.

Rizin' hope Bj Penn lose Vs Hall
And gets released after.

I thought BJ just signed a new 4-fight deal with UFC? I think it’s just like Anderson’s 8-fight deal from a few years ago: basically UFC’s way of ensuring these dudes retire in the UFC.

Fuckin' Floyd man...this is all Conor's fault

Hoping to see him fight on NYE. They plan to announce more matches on December 10th.

They need to balance out Mayweather/Nasukawa by having an old legend getting crushed on their way out of MMA.

Something for everyone.

I highly doubt he's fighting on NYE. Literally saw him getting wasted on Instagram live at some bar either yesterday or the day before.

I highly doubt he's fighting on NYE. Literally saw him getting wasted on Instagram live at some bar either yesterday or the day before.
This sounds like par for the course for Gomi. Someone said they saw a vid of him training the other day too. So, he must be fighting, if he's training and drinking. That's Gomi.

War Gomi! Gomi vs Kawajiri for retirement would be nice.

hopefully show is a success and floyd didnt bankrupt them

I'm guessing really what there aiming for isn't just to recoup money from a one off show via selling advertising space but to try and give MMA/Kickboxing a shot in the arm in terms of larger scale interest to the degree a big network might come in and commit to it the way Fuji did with Pride. I think in retrospect you see that really Pride was as much a Fuji TV program that got cancelled as much as it was a MMA org.

Back