Any of you guys ever have crippling heart burn?

tmnpothead

Teenage Mutant Ninja Pothead
@Brown
Reaction score
So I used to drink a ridiculous amount of booze. Around a 5th a day for years. For about a week now I have had the worst heart burn I've ever had. I've only been able to drink water and take a few bites of bread for the last three days. Tums helps for around two minutes then it comes right back

I've never tried any other heart burn meds but I'm not sure if it's even worth it at this point. I'm going to make a doctor's appointment tomorrow and see if it's something more serious. I legit feel like its cancer or some shit.

Can anyone relate? Any tips to help me get through the day? I'm over salivating like crazy also and having to spit a lot. It's pretty gross.

Get it checked out as son as you can. My stepdad died of a heart attack 20 years ago after complaining of really bad hearburn for a few days. Not trying to scare you, but better be safe than sorry.

So I used to drink a ridiculous amount of booze. Around a 5th a day for years. For about a week now I have had the worst heart burn I've ever had. I've only been able to drink water and take a few bites of bread for the last three days. Tums helps for around two minutes then it comes right back

I've never tried any other heart burn meds but I'm not sure if it's even worth it at this point. I'm going to make a doctor's appointment tomorrow and see if it's something more serious. I legit feel like its cancer or some shit.

Can anyone relate? Any tips to help me get through the day? I'm over salivating like crazy also and having to spit a lot. It's pretty gross.

Easy fix.... Swallow a spoonful of baking soda then drink a glass of water. It neutralizes the acid

You have an ulcer which is a hole in your stomach lining. It is very common for those who drink a lot of booze.

No, but I have crippling LAST JEDI burnout.

stomach ulcer, stomach cancer, acid reflux are the favorites on your betting line

I was thinking an ulcer was well. Fuck guys I hope it's not worse than that. If i can't get to a doctor too soon I might just go to the ER. I'm weak as fuck but I think that's just because I'm can't get any food down. Sucks but I can only blame myself for my stupid actions

Get it checked out as son as you can. My stepdad died of a heart attack 20 years ago after complaining of really bad hearburn for a few days. Not trying to scare you, but better be safe than sorry.
I was once so convinced I was having a heart attack I called 911, turned out it was heartburn.

OP, I've had terrible bouts with GERDS which sucks sucks sucks. Bile coming up the esophagus and me burping it out. Everything acid fried.

I've had heartburn so bad that if I took more than two steps the chest pain was unbearable and I just wouldn't move.

But I don't get regular day to day heartburn really ever.

Weird stuff, but stay strong sherbro

I had that. Guess what it was. I'm not saying this is your problem but mine turned out to be caused by a bad gall bladder and I had to have surgery to have it removed.

Zantac. It works on friggin' Brian Dennehy's heartburn.

Am I the only one who thinks it might be gonorrhea?

It may be a pyloric ulcer, not your run of the mill esophageal or stomach erosion. Speaking from experience.. those fuckers will make you keel over in pain, they are caused by a specific bacterium , H.Pylori, and can only be cured by a combo of antibiotics (metronidaloze and amoxicilin) and Proton pump inhibitors. I got one when I used to drink and smoke ciggies (with crappy diet) years ago. I hope its not that or something worse, they are really quite terrible and painful. Get to a doctor ASAP.

I was once so convinced I was having a heart attack I called 911, turned out it was heartburn.
My stepdad saw a doctor the night before he died and was told it was heartburn. He died during the night.

My stepdad saw a doctor the night before he died and was told it was heartburn. He died during the night.
Damn man that's awful. I'm sorry to hear that.

Back