Any of you guys ever have crippling heart burn?

its that MSG
I never had heartburn either until I hit 30 lol

Its weird looking back I miss those days when I would be able to pig out on anything and burp loud and never get indigestion or heart burn

But as we get older or digestive system wears down the stomach acid becomes an issue and all that fast food and crap takes its toll on our guts

I just keep track of trigger foods everyone's body reacts differently to different foods

Yep. I don't know why, but starchy carbs (bread being the most consistent and worst culprit) triggers indigestion in me. Whole grain bread triggers it less, though. Human bodies are strange. I googled it, and bread and wheat seems to be a common trigger for indigestion and heartburn.

I never had any of these issues until I was like 26. I miss being 16.

This is really bad advice. The way I understand it, the baking soda absolutely needs to be dissolved in water or it could cause you some serious problems. If you completely dissolved the baking soda in water, it does lower acidity. Just make sure and dissolve it all the way by stirring in water.

What problems? I do it all the time

I only usually get it bad when I drink pints of ale and cider is an absolute fucking killer. If I drink any more than a couple bottles I'm in agony but a couple of antacid tablets is usually enough to sort me out. I rarely drink so havent experienced it for some time.

Yep. I don't know why, but starchy carbs (bread being the most consistent and worst culprit) triggers indigestion in me. Whole grain bread triggers it less, though. Human bodies are strange. I googled it, and bread and wheat seems to be a common trigger for indigestion and heartburn.

The vast majority of people with gluten allergies are undiagnosed. The older I get, the worse my reaction to it. Trust me... cut it out of your life. You don't need it and you'll feel better.

The notion that gluten intolerance is only for people with celiac disease is a stupid myth. I love cookies, donuts, pastries, cakes, and buttered rolls as much as the next guy but luckily there are a lot of delicious gluten free alternatives nowadays.

Watch out for soy too.

Everybody talking about vinegar. Vinegar is also known as acetic acid. Not good for people who already have too much stomach acid.

yeah I cant mess with bread or wheat bread, what happens is if you have a reaction your esophagus narrows as well as your anus canal and it becomes difficult to burp or fart or pass a stool its like an inflammation

I remember Meisha Tate telling Rogan if she eats Chocolate it feels like her throat swells up like she cant burp

people start getting GERD acid reflux as well after years eating crappy chemical filled foods

Yes I miss being a teen but the thing is we were never supposed to eat that type of food, food that is manufactured with preservatives and chemicals is allowed but they NEVER tell you that eating that processed food daily will lead to long term digestive issues as a teen you can pretty much eat anything and be regular and have no reflux, but after years eating that crap slowly but surely it builds up.

you have to remember just because Science says its okay you have to read deeper into the study, they allow certain amount of stuff in food that id dangerous in large doses, because it safe in just a small trace but people eat those foods with traces of the chemical additive daily some even eat multiple times a day of those foods that are certain chemicals that can irritate the gut and it builds up like Carragean a seaweed thickener or emulsifier they add in food.

GSP believes thats what happen to him, and many health nuts who take supplements they will eat organic foods but develop chrons or colitis and are shocked why, and most of them take bodybuilding supplements like jacked creatines, pre workouts daily and amino these have chemical additives that irritate the gut

if you notice on the bodybuilding forums you will hear people say man when I take creatine it gives me gas, or diarrhea or if I take this supplement I get cramps or gas, these people will think oh if I take it more it will go away they think like that and in the end they end up damaging their intestines by thinking their body will get used to the supplement.

Everybody talking about vinegar. Vinegar is also known as acetic acid. Not good for people who already have too much stomach acid.
yeah I tried doing that apple cider vinegar shots and it made my stomach ache, its another snake oil remedy.

I drink apple cider vinegar everyday, that shit is awesome.

yeah I tried doing that apple cider vinegar shots and it made my stomach ache, its another snake oil remedy.

Yep, but I do swear by apple cider vinegar for curing a sore throat. Some people gargle salt in warm water, I gargle acv and salt mixed with warm water. It's the best immediate remedy for a sore throat that i've ever used.

I can’t even drink orange juice or apple juice anymore because it’s an instant acid trigger.

I smoke tons of weed when my stomach acid creeps up. Only thing that settles it. Not even rx Prilosec works.

used to get it a lot when I was married (stress)
now, I'm chill.
no stomach worries

Yep, but I do swear by apple cider vinegar for curing a sore throat. Some people gargle salt in warm water, I gargle acv and salt mixed with warm water. It's the best immediate remedy for a sore throat that i've ever used.
yeah I gargle with ACV, and warm salt water it helps big time.

you know what also
helps me is Listerine it kills germs in the mouth, I heard it even kills Gonorrhea

yeah I cant mess with bread or wheat bread, what happens is if you have a reaction your esophagus narrows as well as your anus canal and it becomes difficult to burp or fart or pass a stool its like an inflammation

I remember Meisha Tate telling Rogan if she eats Chocolate it feels like her throat swells up like she cant burp

people start getting GERD acid reflux as well after years eating crappy chemical filled foods

Yes I miss being a teen but the thing is we were never supposed to eat that type of food, food that is manufactured with preservatives and chemicals is allowed but they NEVER tell you that eating that processed food daily will lead to long term digestive issues as a teen you can pretty much eat anything and be regular and have no reflux, but after years eating that crap slowly but surely it builds up.

you have to remember just because Science says its okay you have to read deeper into the study, they allow certain amount of stuff in food that id dangerous in large doses, because it safe in just a small trace but people eat those foods with traces of the chemical additive daily some even eat multiple times a day of those foods that are certain chemicals that can irritate the gut and it builds up like Carragean a seaweed thickener or emulsifier they add in food.

GSP believes thats what happen to him, and many health nuts who take supplements they will eat organic foods but develop chrons or colitis and are shocked why, and most of them take bodybuilding supplements like jacked creatines, pre workouts daily and amino these have chemical additives that irritate the gut

if you notice on the bodybuilding forums you will hear people say man when I take creatine it gives me gas, or diarrhea or if I take this supplement I get cramps or gas, these people will think oh if I take it more it will go away they think like that and in the end they end up damaging their intestines by thinking their body will get used to the supplement.

Yes, it has to be a build up of toxins because it can't be the body breaking down with age. ;)

So I went to the ER because it had been 4 days and I still couldnt eat and drinking water was painful. They said it was gastritis from stress/poor diet/and using too much snus which is oral spitless tobacco. They got me super hydrated and pumped me full of vitamins and gave me a small dose of Ativan because my blood pressure and heart rate were really high. Left with a script of antibiotics and prilosec.

Ate a meal today and am able to keep beverages down with no pain today. Feel so much better, should have that a few days ago when I made this thread.

So I went to the ER because it had been 4 days and I still couldnt eat and drinking water was painful. They said it was gastritis from stress/poor diet/and using too much snus which is oral spitless tobacco. They got me super hydrated and pumped me full of vitamins and gave me a small dose of Ativan because my blood pressure and heart rate were really high. Left with a script of antibiotics and prilosec.

Ate a meal today and am able to keep beverages down with no pain today. Feel so much better, should have that a few days ago when I made this thread.
First thing we learned in the Army.

HYDRATE OR DIE!!!

First thing we learned in the Army.

HYDRATE OR DIE!!!
I know but the pain was awful even drinking water. I guess at that point I should have known to hit the ER. I tried a light cardio and about died this morning because I still am not properly hydrated. Downed a powerade and am good now

I know but the pain was awful even drinking water. I guess at that point I should have known to hit the ER. I tried a light cardio and about died this morning because I still am not properly hydrated. Downed a powerade and am good now
Yep. Get those electrolytes in you man

Too much water is bad you don't want to flush your system of starches and sugars you need.

Back