Any of you guys ever roll with a world class female?

I've trained with multiple female ibjjf black belt world champs and a bunch of ufc vets. They would mush you

As a grappler I’m sure you’ve been tapped out by smaller opponents before. This is really no different.

And as for the high school comment, you seem genuinely more curious I guess for the people here that are straight hostile towards women fighting I can’t help but draw similar parallels than going to a high school and challenging students there. You just don’t see this type of mentality in other sports.
You have never heard high school, or d3 college basketball players talk about playing against WNBA basketball players? Comparisons like this happen all the time in sports where males and females compete.

Cmon man being curious about how good a female is in a sport that uses a combination of size and skill is not being insecure. People who scoff at those asking the question come off as pretentious white knights who really need to lighten up.

I trained for a long time with a girl who won IBJJF worlds at every belt, UFC fighter, heavyweight. We are both black belts. I could beat her fairly easily even being outweighed by about 15lbs. She is good enough to where I cant just let her in on something or she would finish it. However, when she went against other lower belts who were hobbyists, she could beat them. I mean really strong guys with no training, she would kill them on the ground.

On the other had, we had another girl who is in the UFC at 115. She had trouble with just about every guy in class. The thing is though, her athletic ability was freaking miles above theirs, better technique, and that still couldnt overcome strength.

I haven't, and I am wondering what it would be like. I have rolled with some fairly good women but were not world class or even regionally successful competitors. The strength advantage I have just makes them completely not a threat, and I'm not a huge guy. I'm 180lbs about 15% bodyfat, and I lean out and compete at 170 lbs. These are relatively normal sized women - 5'6" or so, maybe 115 lbs. I mean, if I let them setup submissions, there's a danger they might finish them if I don't explode out of them. But if I go hard from the beginning (and I don't, because that's rude and pointless), they just have no chance. I wonder what a Ronda Rousey, Gabbi Garcia, Sara McMann, Miesha Tate, Cyborg, McKenzie Dern, etc. would feel like by comparison. I wonder if they would completely wreck me or if I would still win easily by strength and size advantage? Any of you guys have any experience rolling with such women or stories you care to share?

The first time I saw a female bantamweight UFC fighter, I was stuck by how huge she seemed compared to females who are not athletes but weigh 135 lbs. She did not look that much smaller than me at all because of her very muscular body composition and the fact that she probably cut 10 to 15 lbs of water to make 135. Obviously, the skill difference between me and such women are massive, so I always assumed they would smash me but I am still curious.

I rolled with Mackenzie Dern at Megaton gym in Phoenix. Started the roll with me passing and her seated. She goes to Koala guard, which she had just taught us, and came up quickly for a single leg sweep. I was able to sprawl out of it but she transitioned to an omoplata before I could even think to stop and ask her about her accent.

I rolled with Mackenzie Dern at Megaton gym in Phoenix. Started the roll with me passing and her seated. She goes to Koala guard, which she had just taught us, and came up quickly for a single leg sweep. I was able to sprawl out of it but she transitioned to an omoplata before I could even think to stop and ask her about her accent.

hah nice story! Thanks

You have never heard high school, or d3 college basketball players talk about playing against WNBA basketball players? Comparisons like this happen all the time in sports where males and females compete.

Cmon man being curious about how good a female is in a sport that uses a combination of size and skill is not being insecure. People who scoff at those asking the question come off as pretentious white knights who really need to lighten up.
I'm this case it's a dumb question because its very obvious. Rolling with a woman who's smaller then you but much more skilled is like rolling with a man who's smaller and weaker but much more skilled.

I mean, what's it like rolling with a world class black belt male who competes at 135?

And trying to claim its white knighting when a guy asked if he could beat ronda and Gabi Garcia with his strength?? Please....

I'm this case it's a dumb question because its very obvious. Rolling with a woman who's smaller then you but much more skilled is like rolling with a man who's smaller and weaker but much more skilled.

I mean, what's it like rolling with a world class black belt male who competes at 135?

And trying to claim its white knighting when a guy asked if he could beat ronda and Gabi Garcia with his strength?? Please....

It's not the same as the 135lb world class black belt man is going to be stronger than the 135lb world class black belt woman.

I rolled with a purple belt state champ back when I was a blue and got tapped. She was about 15-20lb smaller.

I think women/smaller men in general are great in scrambling and maximising that small time frame when you transition from one position to another. Also, great at getting you off balance and sweeping you lol.

Let’s just say the gi is a huge equalizer

Is it? I feel that in the gi I get just grab and pressure/throw around smaller people and make it a war if I face them in competition (obviously wouldn't try that approach with some tiny female black belt).oi

Got to roll with Heather raftery few times prior to this years pans. Pretty much the same as any w.c. male black belt-super clean and technical, bit surprised at the amount of pressure from the top.
Didn't really notice a strength difference(partially because i dont really go like that+I'm dinky so if there was one she probably had advantage )

THESE STATEMENTS ARE'S FALSE

I did when I was a purple belt, yes. Good roll, I didn't tap her as her defensive technique was very on point but I also never felt threatened, mostly because of the size/strength difference (I probably had 60 lbs on her or so). It was an odd feeling because even though I could feel her doing things correctly when she was on top, she was just totally unable to bring enough pressure to force me into giving anything up. And when I did get an underhook or whatever she had no ability to fight me from even a slightly disadvantageous position.

People are divided some think a tough blue belt could beat any girl in the world fairly easily, but then you had Joe Rogan saying Ronda Rousey would beat half the male UFC fighters at her weight

Last edited:
Is it? I feel that in the gi I get just grab and pressure/throw around smaller people and make it a war if I face them in competition (obviously wouldn't try that approach with some tiny female black belt).oi
It’s a lot slower but strength and athleticism is more important in no gi imo. I’m not really good in the gi so it could be that

^ I'm not really impressed with professional women beating up on beginner males in their sport/martial arts. That is supposed to happen.

But at least 90% of males are that level or below.

If you don't make noob errors (say purple belt and above) then with that size difference I'd say you should have no problems. It's not just strength but the fact their skill is going to be largely focused on smaller people.

It is like all those heavier guys that just destroy Cobrinha.

It is like all those heavier guys that just destroy Cobrinha.

A Miyao was tapped in competition had his guard passed and tapped by a guy whose whole strategy was being fat as fuck.

But at least 90% of males are that level or below.

/QUOTE]
I don't get your point. A professional female sprinter is SUPPOSED to outrun a regular guy off the street in a footrace. A WNBA player is SUPPOSED to beat a regular guy off the street in a Basketball game. A female pro boxer is SUPPOSED to beat a guy off the street in Boxing. So why is it a surprise that a female world class grappler would beat some unathletic guys off the street in grappling?

Several high level purple and Brown females. Anyone who thinks they can't her whooped by a girl is delousional. Strength negates a lot of their technique, when you are also a skilled jiujitsu player. I've seen them straight ball up grown ass newbies though.

Also I sparred a professional female boxer one time. Again, size and strength negated a lot of what she threw at me, but joe smoe? Lol, this woman has the skills to KO/tko grown Men with significant weight advantages against her.

I think its a lot like asking if a straw weight blackbelt could beat a heavy weight white belt.

The issue I see in men vs women grappling is the weight difference seems to be the biggest factor.

Sarah Kauffman recently got her black belt and trains at my gym and she regularly wrecks male blue belts with size and strength on her. I know she for sure can kick my ass and ive got some weight and strength on her.

Back