Any of you sherbros going hunting this year? (Hunting brahs gtfih!)

cck311**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh, and for you PETA activists, let me just save you the time. Sure, we are all manlets with small penises that go around killing animals so we can feel like big men. Does that about cover it? Super original.

I've already been out hunting as our archery season starts pretty early here in Utah. I killed a small bull on our general season archery elk hunt a couple weeks ago. Soon I will have him and a grass fed free range lamb from my family's ranch in my freezer. I'm going to go all Joe Rogan this year and try to feel all cool by only eating meat from creatures that I have harvested or raised to butcher myself. I'll probably still eat factory raised meat once in awhile when going out to restaurants and stuff, but not very often. I still have a late season cow elk tag to hunt on later in the year as well. I have an archery deer tag that ends tomorrow, but I can still hunt one unit in my state that is an extended season that goes clear until the end of November. I'm fine with not filling all these tags as that would just be too much meat to handle eating in one year. Which of you doggers are going hunting and what and where?

Already been boar hunting out here on Maui, got some nice smoked meat in my fridge and freezer right now! Quite a few goats as well.

Bow hunting is pretty cool, got a lot of respect for it, I'm kind of intimidated to try hunting that way myself. I'll stick with rifles and traps for now.

Already been boar hunting out here on Maui, got some nice smoked meat in my fridge and freezer right now! Quite a few goats as well.

Bow hunting is pretty cool, got a lot of respect for it, I'm kind of intimidated to try hunting that way myself. I'll stick with rifles and traps for now.
I grew up hunting with guns and started bow hunting about 3 years ago. I'm addicted now. Can't get enough of it! Congrats on the boar.

Yup! Going get me a moose this year, didn't get one last year but I still got a deer.

Didnt get drawn for a deer tag again this year so i will be focusing on coyote hunting. I prefer coyote hunting over deer hunting due to having to call in a very smart and keen predator (seeing them sneak in to your call from a distance is an adrenaline rush). I use a foxpro e-caller with many different calls than can be placed over 100 yards from where I set up (they are suckers for pup distress calls). Once the mosquitoes get frozen up in ND I will be out calling.

Gonna be in Utah to buy property in a month and am hoping to get in a hunt or two.

gonna go blast a buncha deer on a remote island in the pacific northwest.

Yup! Going get me a moose this year, didn't get one last year but I still got a deer.
Luckyyyyy. I'd love to go on a moose hunt. It's considered a Once in a Lifetime tag in Utah, but due to the sheer number of people applying for a very limited number of moose tags most of us will probably never draw one. I have building moose point for 12 years. I will probably never draw or not be drawn until I am wandering the hills with a walker and an oxygen tank.

Living on a farm all my life, I've come to hate deer season. I've had buildings gets shot, land tore up, people walking through my yard, etc. That and people lose their minds over a stupid deer. It's not even the out of unit people causing the problems, it's the locals.
I post everything and I've had people bitch to me about posting my own land. All you have to do is come ask if you want to hunt it, I just want to know who's out there.
I'm itching for coyote season to come though, I spend a lot of time calling. i was getting about $25 each unskinned two years ago and I got over 100 during the winter. Last year it didn't get cold until late so their pelts weren't worth the ammo.

For pussy, you bet. All day, err day.

Went out pig hunting 3 months ago and didnt see shit.

Will be going out this sunday afternoon to shoot rabbits and foxes on my GFs uncles farm.

Duck season finished here a couple of months.

Also shoot pigeons, doves and crows that hang around the sheds

I also shoot these little birds called green eyes that wreck the fruit trees.

There isnt any decent game over here, a few deer in the state forrest but its not worth the hassle of getting caught hunting on crown land plus there few and far between. You get goats inland but its a couple hours drive and kangaroos wich are basically dog meat

Guns + stealth + (buck/elk) x food + family × BEER = priceless...

Last time I went hunting was late 06 and I dominated a deer!! I need to get back out there and let the dominance begin again!

Can you hunt big game with an AR15?
Of course. Well not so much big game. They're outstanding predator and varmint guns.

Counting down the days until bow season here, it's my one real "obsession". Bought my first new bow since '02, getting it dialed in. Most of my stands are up, just need to get some blinds/stands set up for my oldest son who's almost 9. I also end up having to take my 7 year old with us as well, so we get a little crowded. He got his first deer last year, 6 pointer. Never seen him so proud.
We've gone squirrel hunting twice now, but there's a bumper crop of hickory nuts this year and we've not found the squirrels in their normal spots.

Can you hunt big game with an AR15?
Yes, and some people do. Where I live there is magazine capacity rule for big game hunting that forbids magazines that carry more than 5 rounds, so you can't do it with the 20 rounds magazines or anything though. While the .223 can kill deer, it is considered a fairly light round for the job. The .308, however, is a wonderful big game hunting round.

Back