Any of you sherbros going hunting this year? (Hunting brahs gtfih!)

Gonna take a deer in a second. just figuring out who alls going and hammering out the details

Today is opening day of bow season here in Missouri. Probably won't make it out until Sunday even though it's supposed to be like 90

Wall of Fame so far IMG_5283.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5282.JPG
    IMG_5282.JPG
    429.8 KB · Views: 10
You've got some great bucks there!
I've been spoiled. I have 489 acres of prime hunting ground in central missouri. I don't shoot any buck under 4 years old. I let em get big first. I have tons of does to fill the freezer

Can you hunt big game with an AR15?

Define big game.

For 5.56 Deer out to about 250-350 yards is about the max depending on barrel length and round choice. A couple examples of that would be.

Barnes 70gr TSX
Swift Scirocco II 75gr

Now AR15 has quite a few calibers and there is the AR10.

In the AR15 platform the 6.5 Grendel adds about 100-150 yards to 5.56's range.

In AR10 .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor are great hunting calibers.

Then you have things like Falkor Defense's Petra in 300wm. Basically take anything in NA.

Today is opening day of bow season here in Missouri. Probably won't make it out until Sunday even though it's supposed to be like 90

Im jealous usually when ya get one up here its a rainy cold miserable experience

im not a bow hunter so I went get to go til november

My first boars head fell off the wall recently and now the nose is all messed up and im pissed.
I would be too. I don't know if you can even fix that. If so, I'm sure it's expensive.

One of my bucks fell off the wall & the skull plate cracked. You really can't tell unless you wiggle the antlers.

Im jealous usually when ya get one up here its a rainy cold miserable experience

im not a bow hunter so I went get to go til november
Now days I don't hunt too hard until it gets cooler. I'm still in bass fishing mode this time of year. I'll get in a treestand a little bit, but I save all of my good spots until late October, early November.

I'd definitely consider getting into bowhunting. I'm sure you would love it. These new bows now days are unbelievable.

I would be too. I don't know if you can even fix that. If so, I'm sure it's expensive.
I just assumed you couldnt but maybe ill have to see if it is doable. Got that fucker in tennessee at 70 yards with a .44 winchester on an 80 degree day. I hit a sow high and in the spine dropped her on the spot levered in a second round and finished her off . Its my first and favorite hunt I have been on everything was perfect that weekend .

I'd definitely consider getting into bowhunting. I'm sure you would love it. These new bows now days are unbelievable.

I want to badly and im thinking about getting one maybe in the spring when I have had a few minutes to learn a thing or 2

Bow hunting elk is really high up on my I wish priority list and I want to try to make that happen in a year or 2 here

Im down for learning to bow hunt for sure. I just am not friends with cam hanes and none of my buddies are into that so im not sure how to get into it

I just assumed you couldnt but maybe ill have to see if it is doable. Got that fucker in tennessee at 70 yards with a .44 winchester on an 80 degree day. I hit a sow high and in the spine dropped her on the spot levered in a second round and finished her off . Its my first and favorite hunt I have been on everything was perfect that weekend .
That's a helluva shot with a 44. We can actually hunt deer here with a pistol during alternative season. I'd love to get a deer with a 44.

I got a 250lb sow with my bow. It got fat as hell from eating our crops. I guess he escaped from pig farm or something & was living on my farm forever. I kept getting him on trail camera. Finally he came by me while I was bowhunting. Best pork I've ever had. I got bacon, sausage, ribs, maple cured hams & everything lol never thought I'd shoot a pig

I want to badly and im thinking about getting one maybe in the spring when I have had a few minutes to learn a thing or 2

Bow hunting elk is really high up on my I wish priority list and I want to try to make that happen in a year or 2 here

Im down for learning to bow hunt for sure. I just am not friends with cam hanes and none of my buddies are into that so im not sure how to get into it
I bet you'd learn pretty fast. I've actually been bowhunting for about 20 years. So when I learned, the technology was nothing like it is today. These new bows today aren't that hard to shoot. Once you start shooting over 30 yards, it gets a lot harder.

That's a helluva shot with a 44. We can actually hunt deer here with a pistol during alternative season. I'd love to get a deer with a 44.

It was an 1894 winchester not a pistol my bad I thought I had said. like this one

th

I loved that weapon and the day it was stolen from my house ( the ghetto funky funky ghetto) I was really upset.

Already had thee 629 smith and wes revolver and i figured id get a rifle so that I could screw around in the woods without having to carry 5 kinds of bullets

I've been spoiled. I have 489 acres of prime hunting ground in central missouri. I don't shoot any buck under 4 years old. I let em get big first. I have tons of does to fill the freezer

I was going to ask if you were in the Kansas or mo, area. Biggest white tails around. Ive seen out of state hunters pay hundreds of dollars to shoot a big doe around here.

It's easily fixable. I used to do taxidermy as a side job/hobby before I had kids. Should only take a few hours of work, though not all at one time.

It's easily fixable. I used to do taxidermy as a side job/hobby before I had kids. Should only take a few hours of work, though not all at one time.

Thank ya dude i got a few near me I will check out and see what they tell me .

I was going to ask if you were in the Kansas or mo, area. Biggest white tails around. Ive seen out of state hunters pay hundreds of dollars to shoot a big doe around here.
I hunt in Montgomery County, MO. It's probably right up there with any spot when it comes to trophy whitetails. It's unreal how much wildlife is out there & how many quality bucks there are

It was an 1894 winchester not a pistol my bad I thought I had said. like this one

th

I loved that weapon and the day it was stolen from my house ( the ghetto funky funky ghetto) I was really upset.

Already had thee 629 smith and wes revolver and i figured id get a rifle so that I could screw around in the woods without having to carry 5 kinds of bullets
I actually wasn't sure if you meant pistol or rifle. That's still a good shot though. That's a nice gun! I'd be pissed if it got stolen. I want a 30-30 Winchester.

Back