Any preppers in here?

colby25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Any of you guys preppers in here? Not talking about a few spare batteries for a flashlight for your occasional storm or power outage but I'm talking about financial crisis, anarchy type preppers? While the current state of the U.S. isn't horrible I would say the chance of things going down quickly is there.

Myself i have some guns and a week or two worth of water and canned goods and what not. I figure where I'm located would be the last place I'd want to stay in case of an emergency.

What about you guys?

****Mods I wasn't sure if I should post in mayberry or warroom but I kinda like the warroom. Feel free to move if you wish though***

Absolutely. A man should always be prepared for the worst. That is his biological task.

A society, for the most part, is only three meals away from the state of anarchy, at any given time.

@irish_thug has built a pretty bad ass off the grid, self sufficient homestead.

i want to do it just because it seems like a fun project -- not necessary because i believe in the doom days.

Last edited:
Absolutely. A man should always be prepared for the worst. That is his biological task.

A society, for the most part, is only three meals away from the state of anarchy, at any given time.

That's cool man. Are you off the gird prepped and ready to go yourself?

Oh boy. This oughta be good here

I'm definitely not a prepper, but I do a lot of week long backpacking/hunting trips so I figured it wouldn't inconvenience me to always have my bag packed (headlamps, tent, 0 degree bag, knives, rope, water filter, few dehydrated meals, micro cookware, collapsable fishing rod, ect) if the off chance of ever needing to grab something. It's in my bedroom closet where my guns also happen to be, and I keep a good few spare boxes of 9mm, 12 guage, and .308 ammo on my shelves at all the times. Never like to empty myself out when I go to the range

So not a prepper, but no sense not keeping the stuff together if you already have it for actual needed uses

That's cool man. Are you off the gird prepped and ready to go yourself?

A work in progress.

The problem is that acquiring weapons is very tough here. I would prefer it if the country operated like Switzerland, by allowing every military-trained man to possess an assault rifle in their homes at all times.

Oh boy. This oughta be good here

I'm definitely not a prepper, but I do a lot of week long backpacking/hunting trips so I figured it wouldn't inconvenience me to always have my bag packed (headlamps, tent, 0 degree bag, knives, rope, water filter, few dehydrated meals, micro cookware, collapsable fishing rod, ect) if the off chance of ever needing to grab something. It's in my bedroom closet where my guns also happen to be, and I keep a good few spare boxes of 9mm, 12 guage, and .308 ammo on my shelves at all the times. Never like to empty myself out when I go to the range

So not a prepper, but no sense not keeping the stuff together if you already have it for actual needed uses

That's cool man. What about if it goes down. Are you in the city? Safer to stay put in your house, or do you go mobile?

Me I'm on a corner lot in the middle of town, run off city water...so emergency goes down i'm automatically surrounded and water is already cut. I'm about 99% sure would eventually get ransacked. Just had me thinking where would i head to? How about you, you got an idea?

A work in progress.

The problem is that acquiring weapons is very tough here. I would prefer it if the country operated like Switzerland, by allowing every military-trained man to possess an assault rifle in their homes at all times.

yeah finland...that's a tough one.

Any of you guys preppers in here? Not talking about a few spare batteries for a flashlight for your occasional storm or power outage but I'm talking about financial crisis, anarchy type preppers? While the current state of the U.S. isn't horrible I would say the chance of things going down quickly is there.

Myself i have some guns and a week or two worth of water and canned goods and what not. I figure where I'm located would be the last place I'd want to stay in case of an emergency.

What about you guys?

****Mods I wasn't sure if I should post in mayberry or warroom but I kinda like the warroom. Feel free to move if you wish though***

The current state of the US is not horrible but my country is starting to become more like Cambodia it seems and if things get bad we could end up like Polpots Cambodia.

Our biggest concern here is not just ecconomic colapse there could also be a civilwar so I guess I have to start prepping.

The current state of the US is not horrible but my country is starting to become more like Cambodia it seems and if things get bad we could end up like Polpots Cambodia.

Our biggest concern here is not just ecconomic colapse there could also be a civilwar so I guess I have to start prepping.

where are you at?

No, but I really should.

I mean, I always keep 2 liters of water with me and have several Cliff bars in my bag.

Regarding home, maybe a couple gallons of water and maybe a week of non perishable foods in the pantry.

I still have no gun collection, still haven't purchased the Glock I want.

I one time was house sitting for this family...the entire garage was stocked full of canned goods and bottled water. For a family of 5, they had about a month supply.

yeah finland...that's a tough one.

It is not too bad, family possesses a lot of weapons which will be passed onto me eventually. I just do not happen to possess any right now, at my home, and acquiring rights is a pain in the ass.

No, but I really should.

I mean, I always keep 2 liters of water with me and have several Cliff bars in my bag.

Regarding home, maybe a couple gallons of water and maybe a week of non perishable foods in the pantry.

I still have no gun collection, still haven't purchased the Glock I want.

I one time was house sitting for this family...the entire garage was stocked full of canned goods and bottled water. For a family of 5, they had about a month supply.

That's pretty good. Not sure what your current situation is but now might be a good idea to think things through before an emergency. City boys are going to have a harder time than people in rural areas. If i was in the city i would maybe scout out areas to go to quickly as there is no sense in storing up food that will just be overtaken by thugs.

Buying a gun is probably a good idea. I bought a shotgun last year- good for self defense and can be used for hunting as well. My step dad has a pretty good stock pile of guns so i don't really feel the need to get anymore. Maybe an M4 would be nice but if you get too much it'll bog you down if you're going somewhere. Unless your in the woods and hunkering down it would be handy.

There are variables about my lifestyle that when combined, inadvertently make me "prepped" at all times. Bodybuilding is a hobby, im a terrible cook and im poor (which means when a sale goes on i buy some serious bulk)The benefit is that im always fully stocked with canned food and other shit that lasts forever and is also super nutritious. I have enough oatmeal, frozen meats, canned salmon/tuna, canned beans/beets, rice/pasta whey protein and peanut butter to last for like 6 months if not longer. Not only that but because im fit-ish my nutrient partitioning is more efficient than some of you fatties out there! It may turn out that in light of a nuclear disaster/war i might come out of it more jacked than before.

where are you at?

Manila Philippines, its a group of Islands so no where to go if shit hits the fun maybe for me a good prepping would be to invest in a boat and moved to vietnam or Malaysia.

With the way things are shaping up, were our pressident is a Militant Communist Deist Murderous psycophat who just called the United Nations a Son of a Bitch ass hats on national TV and mock the US ambassador by calling him a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: son of a bitch, things could really go bad in a few years and we all know how it is in South East asia right?

I am. I found this video very helpful in prepping my foodstuffs. The deal on the food buckets starts around 2:30

Not really. I'm living on complete faith these days, however I do think it would be a good idea to keep a backpack in my truck with supplies I'd take if I were to go backpacking for a few days. Just in case I'm ever caught off guard and have to ditch my vehicle. Never know when something crazy is gonna happen. A friend of mine just had his car swallowed by a sinkhole.

Manila Philippines, its a group of Islands so no where to go if shit hits the fun maybe for me a good prepping would be to invest in a boat and moved to vietnam or Malaysia.

With the way things are shaping up, were our pressident is a Militant Communist Deist Murderous psycophat who just called the United Nations a Son of a Bitch ass hats on national TV and mock the US ambassador by calling him a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: son of a bitch, things could really go bad in a few years and we all know how it is in South East asia right?

That's cool you live out there. I got friends who have family out there. But yeah you're in a tough spot you'll definitely want to get out quickly.

Not really. I'm living on complete faith these days, however I do think it would be a good idea to keep a backpack in my truck with supplies I'd take if I were to go backpacking for a few days. Just in case I'm ever caught off guard and have to ditch my vehicle. Never know when something crazy is gonna happen. A friend of mine just had his car swallowed by a sinkhole.

How would you preffer for a Muslim appocalypse scenario? Are there a large number of Islamic in your area?

My survival strategy is to let the preppers fight for my charming company if the shit hits the fan.

- lvl 50 wing-man, loaded with fun stories, clever remarks. Also, smells good.

May the best prepper win.

Back