Any preppers in here?

Supposedly atheists make up only 16% of the worlds belief. With that notion that means 84% of the rest of the world believe in a Creator. Hard to testify against or discredit almost 6 billion people.

Pretty easy from where i am sitting. Reality is not a democracy.

Quick question. How many folks in this thread can identify by sight, the poisonous flora in their surrounding area? How many can identify and prepare the flora that can fight inflammation, act as insect repellent or a digestive?
Can you start a fire without anything containing fuel and can you do so reliably enough to guarantee it?
Do you know basic navigation techniques?
Do you know how to set a bone, stitch a wound, or construct a litter carrier?
do you know how to CREATE cordage from natural materials?
basic shelter construction?

Being a prepper is more than having a guns and a bunch of canned food. Ammo goes bad, gets stolen and runs out. guns break and parts become non-existent the moment you need them. If your only hope for first aid is in a prepared case with perishable medications and your only means of communication and transport depend upon what would be unavailable in the situation you're preparing for...you're probably screwed. true prepping comes from aquiring easily available SKILLS. Skills need to be honed and practiced but once you acquire them they are always with you and dont run out or suddenly go bad. things like knowing how to turn animal parts into catgut and making natural adhesives. folks over estimate the carry capacity a given region has in terms of game animals if virtually every one in a region suddenly starts to depend upon it. most rivers would be fished out within a month, and the local game would be depleted within as much time. so i hope you know how to plant grow and harvest your own food.

I could build a soar panel array, charge controller, battery bank, and an inverter. It would take me a few days, but i could make it work. you dont have to live like its 2000 BC

I could build a soar panel array, charge controller, battery bank, and an inverter. It would take me a few days, but i could make it work. you dont have to live like its 2000 BC
no of course not, but you also cant live as if your talents in utilizing ready made products is sustainable in a situation where the continued manufacture of needed parts is impossible. If societal collapse was to occur, the raw manufacturing to produce a lot of the hardware necessary to keep electricity running and life easy suddenly dries up.

no of course not, but you also cant live as if your talents in utilizing ready made products is sustainable in a situation where the continued manufacture of needed parts is impossible. If societal collapse was to occur, the raw manufacturing to produce a lot of the hardware necessary to keep electricity running and life easy suddenly dries up.

Depends on the hardware. I doubt very many people would be hoarding charge controllers, and thats one of the less common items. Same thing with large 12 volt batteries, but those are very common. Just not useful if you cant get gas

Back