Any PS4 games this year better than last year's Horizon: Zero Dawn?

Guess you havent played them.

no nintendo (like most people), so can't comment on 2 of them. played the nier demo and thought it kinda sucked. despised the roving camera and thought the art was interesting... but kind of lame to just make those great backgrounds/environments and then have us play against big pink balls.

resi 7? really?

i'd rather not spend $60 for feminazi propaganda.

never played cuphead or persona (and don't really want to. especially persona, it's definitely not my kind of game). i'm sure i'm missing out on tons and would be swayed that it was the 'best year in gaming' because of them.

no nintendo (like most people), so can't comment on 2 of them. played the nier demo and thought it kinda sucked. despised the roving camera and thought the art was interesting... but kind of lame to just make those great backgrounds/environments and then have us play against big pink balls.

resi 7? really?
never played cuphead or persona (and don't really want to. especially persona, it's definitely not my kind of game). i'm sure i'm missing out on tons and would be swayed that it was the 'best year in gaming' because of them.
End of story, you have no basis to argue why the year wasnt stacked. Make money, make time to play games and then comment on them. 2005 was a great year for gaming, so was 2017, and it will be in the books. Doesnt matter what you think, especially when you havent played the games. <36>

lolwut?

i have plenty of money and time to play. i just don't have (or want) a nintendo, and i'm not going to buy shit games just because i have extra money.

if you think that a year with only a few solid games is "one of the best years in gaming," your view seems a bit off. you seem to not comprehend the logic in this - i don't need to argue that all of them were bad in order for it to not be 'omg such a great year in games! zomg!' - i even conceded a few. and that's just it, it's only a few games. hardly an epic year.

Monster Hunter World is one of the best games I have ever played.

Honestly nothing will ever beat Steam's Shower with your dad simulator 2015

lolwut?

i have plenty of money and time to play. i just don't have (or want) a nintendo, and i'm not going to buy shit games just because i have extra money.

if you think that a year with only a few solid games is "one of the best years in gaming," your view seems a bit off. you seem to not comprehend the logic in this - i don't need to argue that all of them were bad in order for it to not be 'omg such a great year in games! zomg!' - i even conceded a few. and that's just it, it's only a few games. hardly an epic year.

2017 was stacked compared to this year and many other years. just because it wasn't your bag doesn't mean it wasn't a great year and many of us thought so.. maybe if you were an xboy fanboy then it wasn't your year but generally speakin' as a gamer, it was a great fuckin' year all around. pax east last year was hyped because so many cool games were being released. this year was more subdued and less exciting to me cause there was really nothing in the horizon that I was really looking forward to at pax east. they didn't show this game at pax or else I would have been excited for it.

stick to your POE or whatever you like to play and we'll happily enjoy our games.. lol

Been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn for the first time for about a week now. Its fucking amazing, if you don't have it, id also recommend the remastered version of Shadow of the Colossus for PS4. Game is beautiful.

2017 was stacked compared to this year and many other years. just because it wasn't your bag doesn't mean it wasn't a great year and many of us thought so.. maybe if you were an xboy fanboy then it wasn't your year but generally speakin' as a gamer, it was a great fuckin' year all around. pax east last year was hyped because so many cool games were being released. this year was more subdued and less exciting to me cause there was really nothing in the horizon that I was really looking forward to at pax east. they didn't show this game at pax or else I would have been excited for it.

stick to your POE or whatever you like to play and we'll happily enjoy our games.. lol

and wow, 2017 was stacked compared to the few months of 2018?!! I'M CONVINCED! there's no way that a full year could offer more than a third of a year! unpossible!

2017 was a shit year in gaming, which is sadly becoming the status quo. since 2013, it's been rather consistently lousy. ffs, we're numerous years into the current consoles, and it's still all about remasters/reboots. even the post right before me is... praising a ps2 game. ps2. not even ps3...

and poe sucks shit now.

and wow, 2017 was stacked compared to the few months of 2018?!! I'M CONVINCED! there's no way that a full year could offer more than a third of a year! unpossible!

2017 was a shit year in gaming, which is sadly becoming the status quo. since 2013, it's been rather consistently lousy. ffs, we're numerous years into the current consoles, and it's still all about remasters/reboots. even the post right before me is... praising a ps2 game. ps2. not even ps3...

and poe sucks shit now.
1etmUDi.jpg

...umm... what popular things? 2017? a year is "popular things" now? hahaha

<{outtahere}>

...umm... what popular things? 2017? a year is "popular things" now? hahaha

<{outtahere}>
You're shitting on massive critical and commercial successes for no real reason other than to be a chode, you chode.

You're shitting on massive critical and commercial successes for no real reason other than to be a chode, you chode.

lolwut?

every "shitting on" i've done came with an explanation. ie: reason.

i wish i could say the same for you.

lolz @ "massive commercial successes" being some definitive metric for quality of games

lolwut?

I felt the same way and for a few of the same reasons, but the overwhelming consensus is that 2017 was one of the best years for games in a long while. Pick a gaming podcast and you'll likely hear the same thing.

It's not just a few posters here saying this. I haven't played a Nintendo game in something like 20 years, but you can't really dismiss them when talking about the quality of releases during a year. Especially when their two biggest franchises released in that same year to universal fanfare and praise (even by Mario and Zelda standards).

lolwut?

lolz @ "massive commercial successes" being some definitive metric for quality of games
You're such a tryhard lol.

You left out the other part of my description though, massive critical and commercial successes. Which is a good indicator that they were excellent games across the board.

Keep being miserable.

lolwut?

U sound like a giant old sourpuss reminiscing your glory ga,omg days on the original Xbox.

U stay upset/bored/retarded and everyone else will simply enjoy all these awesome games..kthankxbye

meh
I have a Switch, PS4 Pro and gaming PC.
Played Zelda: BOW more than I have God of War.
Both didn't really hold my attention for very long.
Back on ESO on PC because that's the only thing that keeps my attention.

Back