Any sherdoggers in Munich, Germany?

Cash Bill 52

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have had lots of luck meeting people from all around the world from this site. I'll be in Munich in mid July. I know there are a few academies in Munich. Just wondering if anybody here has a recommendation.
Thanks!

I live in Munich but I am afraid that I don't know the BJJ scene. I train judo casually.

Munich is an awesome place, you'll have a grand time. There are a few gyms about the city, but when I visited last year I trained at the GFTeam with Rodrigo Pereira. Was good training and the guys very welcoming. Rodrigo is a beast with an amazing and dangerous closed guard (amongst other things, I'm sure). His school has a good mix. A few of those gritty old blue belt guys who are solid, and a few younger blue/purple belt guys who competed and definitely seemed to roll a belt level up from their rank. Class was pretty good. A more intensive than normal warm up, grip-fighting and takedown (light) sparring, then techniques and 30 mins of sparring after (1.5 hour class total). A few guys went extra rolls afterwards as well. No mat fee, Rodrigo just wanted me to spread the word (which I am doing now). He speaks fluent german and english so its no problems understanding what is going on.

It wasn't too hard to get there from the city, caught a train and a 10 minute walk or so, the gym is a TMA gym during the day so I had a little trouble finding them in the basement the first time (there wasn't a lot of signage etc around). Hit them up on Facebook, highly recommended.

Thanks for the replies! I’ll let you know how it turns out!

Between jet lag and beer I dont think I could train at all on a German vacation, you're a God amongst men

I can't recommend Sanefighting academy enough. Johannes Weith is the head instructor and is a Blackbelt under Saulo Ribeiro. I believe him to be the best German BB there is. He's been a BB for probably around 6 years or so now and was a blue and purple belt world champion and runner up his brown belt year. In his finals match he was DQ'd for reaping, he was beating Joao Gabriel Rocha when Joao forced the reap and he got Johanness dq'd ( He was also 33 or 34 at the time doing adult worlds) He would train with Lovato and I every year and he's one of the only guys I've seen come In the academy aside from Xande and Braulio that actually pushed Rafael, he's a god damn beast and excellent instructor. Perfect English and great technique. Drills with his top competitors nearly every day and just about as cool as they come. Definitely drop in if you can. Munich is a great city overall and you'll have a great time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back