Any Shotokan Karate stylist in full contact Kickboxing?

Samart is just one of countless NakMuay to transiston into boxing and win legit world titles (WBA, WBO, IBF, etc...)

A lot of Muay Thai gyms in Thailand have dedicated Boxing trainers and fighters.

I thought the NakMuays had boxing gyms they went to. How many all-time great boxers are from Thailand? Just about everyone besides Lewis is American.

Btw, JKA Shotokan was bare knuckled in Europe too until somewhere in the early 90s. Now it's only in Japan.

My father was Shotokan fighter in the late 70s, early 80s

JKA Karate is semi contact, that means no actual contact is encouraged. doesn't matter if it's gloves or not.

I didn't know you have to be an all time great boxer to be considered legit. Snub only said they are bunch of legit nak muays from thailand that are world champions.

How does it make sense to argue that Kickboxing produced legit boxers when every single one of them transitioned to training boxing? That would make them boxers, not just kickboxers. Most of the guys you mentioned have 0 pro kickboxing fights.

Just because I trained Karate and then Boxing, doesn't make me into a Karate produced boxer.

How does it make sense to argue that Kickboxing produced legit boxers when every single one of them transitioned to training boxing? That would make them boxers, not just kickboxers. Most of the guys you mentioned have 0 pro kickboxing fights.

Just because I trained Karate and then Boxing, doesn't make me into a Karate produced boxer.

that's like saying no mma fighter has any base style, because all of them train mma.

nobody said they become world champions by only training muay thai. no shit they train actual boxing, once they fight boxing.

who are you even arguing with?

That's not what it means.

but that's what it basically is. I trained JKA Shotokan for several years, and on a considerable higher level then what you have shown in the standup section.

that's like saying no mma fighter has any base style, because all of them train mma.

nobody said they become world champions by training muay thai. no shit they train actual boxing, once they fight boxing.

who are you even arguing with?

The people you mentioned are Kickboxers AND boxers. Plain and simple. "Kickboxing produced boxing champions" would be a Kickboxer/Muay Thai fighter who goes straight from his sport into boxing and wins a titel. Kickboxers can't do that.

nobody can. because it's a different sport.

thanks for your great insight spacetime.

nobody can. because it's a different sport.

thanks for your great insight spacetime.

So stop using ambigous language suggesting otherwise. No some can... That's where I wrote that Samart probably could, based on his boxing matches. His level of boxing could not be attributed to the short period of transition that he reportedly had.

I thought the NakMuays had boxing gyms they went to. How many all-time great boxers are from Thailand? Just about everyone besides Lewis is American.
Khaosai Galaxy arguably, but just because they haven't reached GOAT status doesn't disqualify the success they have had, especially considering some of these guys made it to the peak of Muay Thai winning stadium titles before changing sports and winning the most coveted belts in Boxing...

Now I remember who this guy is. Now I remember why I stopped going to the training forum years ago...

I'll just have to take your word on it. I watched 3 minutes of guys just standing in front of each other occasionally throwing a feint. This would not work in Kickboxing or Muay Thai...

I'll just have to take your word on it. I watched 3 minutes of guys just standing in front of each other occasionally throwing a feint. This would not work in Kickboxing or Muay Thai...

That's where Machida came from.

Since you don't have the patience... Here's highlights

The highlights prove this isn't continuous fighting. This is completely different from Kickboxing. What sets Kickboxing apart is the requirement for having to deal with constant pressure of striking attack and back/forth exchanges. The punch defense here is pretty much non existent.

Back