Any Silver Stackers in Here

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone stack silver in any shape. Nummatisc? Semi-nummatics, or straight bullion. Do you do it as investment or just collecting. What is your favorite series of semi-nummatisc, Lunars, Eagles, Kooks, Pandas, etc..

I have become a big fan of Kooks and Bars. I love the 10oz Kooks. They are just awesome looking. The Perth Mint just puts out high quialty pieces.
2013_Kooks_10oz_2.jpg

I also tending to find myself like hand poured bars too. The lines look cool and wanting to try pouring some myself this yr

Last edited:
I have 30 Morgans. I am always looking on EBAY or stopping by coin shops.
Not sure if my Morgans count for this thread though.

I have 30 Morgans. I am always looking on EBAY or stopping by coin shops.
Not sure if my Morgans count for this thread though.

Morgans defelenty belong here. I beening wanting to get one for a while but havent pulled the trigger on one.

What does Dipped mean. I seen some say that and i am not sure what that mean. Does that mean they cleaned it or dipped it in melted silver to add a clean layer on top on the piece.

Also do like them slabbed or not. And do prefer it Toned.

I've bought and sold some over the last 10 years or so.

Buying has been relatively good recently so I've snatched up some Eagles, Maples and NZ Silver Ferns. Sitting on about 50 ounces at the moment.

I don't really buy to collect or appreciate the coin itself but I must say everything I've got from Perth Mint has been real nice. Got a couple of the new Kangaroos and they're very pruddy.

I've bought and sold some over the last 10 years or so.

Buying has been relatively good recently so I've snatched up some Eagles, Maples and NZ Silver Ferns. Sitting on about 50 ounces at the moment.

I don't really buy to collect or appreciate the coin itself but I must say everything I've got from Perth Mint has been real nice. Got a couple of the new Kangaroos and they're very pruddy.

I havent seen the Fern til now. They look pretty nice. I tend to stay away from the Maples causr of the milk spots and I have some of the new Roos from Perth and 1 of them is starting to spot up but they really are pretty. I grabbed slabbed 70 cause its the first yr the put them out. Might flip it in a couple of yrs.

I havent seen the Fern til now. They look pretty nice. I tend to stay away from the Maples causr of the milk spots and I have some of the new Roos from Perth and 1 of them is starting to spot up but they really are pretty. I grabbed slabbed 70 cause its the first yr the put them out. Might flip it in a couple of yrs.

Being in NZ I tend to pick up the Ferns because there's plenty around and often just a little bit cheaper. They're pretty plain though tbh.

I have definitely gotten some shitty Maples on occasion. All the sellers I use these days clean up their coins and won't sell anything that it's a shitty condition. It kind of limits you as far as bargain hunting but it's worth it to know there won't be any fuckery.

Being in NZ I tend to pick up the Ferns because there's plenty around and often just a little bit cheaper. They're pretty plain though tbh.

I have definitely gotten some shitty Maples on occasion. All the sellers I use these days clean up their coins and won't sell anything that it's a shitty condition. It kind of limits you as far as bargain hunting but it's worth it to know there won't be any fuckery.

Got to use sellers with good rep. Thats why i stay away from Panadas. They look great but so many fakes that it scares me from ever trying to grab one off ebay.

Never heard of this, but that coin looks beautiful!

I just bought six 1oz bars from sunshine mint for about 120 bucks.

I just bought this from a police auction and I'm not sure if I got hosed or not. It was 45 American dollars. It's one ounce, does anyone know how much this is worth?

Attachments

• 93130.jpg
    93130.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 11
I just bought six 1oz bars from sunshine mint for about 120 bucks.

I just bought this from a police auction and I'm not sure if I got hosed or not. It was 45 American dollars. It's one ounce, does anyone know how much this is worth?
Eek! It's worth about $16. And can sell it for about $10. the $16 is what is called the "spot" price. You paid about $30 for the nice engraving. Collector bullion is no good. If you are going to buy bullion, by a hunk of silver or gold or plat. No commemorative shit.

Coins/numismatics are valuable, but that is typically subjective. The Morgans are always a good investment. Prices for precious metals are going sideways right now.

I feel that buying precious metals are a good savings account. They wont skyrocket in value, (they might, but unlikely) but they will gain value over time and wont depreciate like the dollar, pound, euro, yen or whatever.

Also, they pretty to look at.

Eek! It's worth about $16. And can sell it for about $10. the $16 is what is called the "spot" price. You paid about $30 for the nice engraving. Collector bullion is no good. If you are going to buy bullion, by a hunk of silver or gold or plat. No commemorative shit.

Coins/numismatics are valuable, but that is typically subjective. The Morgans are always a good investment. Prices for precious metals are going sideways right now.

I feel that buying precious metals are a good savings account. They wont skyrocket in value, (they might, but unlikely) but they will gain value over time and wont depreciate like the dollar, pound, euro, yen or whatever.

Also, they pretty to look at.

Thanks for the tip, I'll never buy like that again. Do you suggest any mints?

Bought a few 2oz hand poured bars from Amex this past Xmas as stocking stuffers for the wife and I . I had fully intended to start buying one a month while its cheap just to throw in the safe and forgot about......but I forgot to do that!

Thanks for the reminder.

Morgans defelenty belong here. I beening wanting to get one for a while but havent pulled the trigger on one.

What does Dipped mean. I seen some say that and i am not sure what that mean. Does that mean they cleaned it or dipped it in melted silver to add a clean layer on top on the piece.

Also do like them slabbed or not. And do prefer it Toned.

God I wish I was this drunk

Thanks for the tip, I'll never buy like that again. Do you suggest any mints?

Perth Mint is always a solid choice. They carry a premium but hold value. Britains are good like US Eagles. It you are looking for a good online place to buy try Amex. They the best place to start but also Provident is another.

Back