Any thoughts on the Browning Bar semi automtics?

YeahBee

Samdog Original Nine
Reaction score

Sorta my dream gun
031537m.jpg

031330m.jpg

major investment thou

All sorts of calibers available, (was thinking a quite heavy calibre as I want to do some board hunting and even Bear if I ever get the chance

Is this the civilian version of the WWII Browning Automatic Rifle?

M1918_Variants.jpg

The BAR is a gas-operated, semi-automatic rifle produced by the Browning Arms Company first in Belgium and later in Japan. The rifle loads from a box magazine detachable from a hinged floor plate[3]. This rifle should not be confused with the M1918 military rifle which is a completely different design though also referred to as the BAR. Browning introduced a redesigned BAR in 2004[4].

from wiki

I've had one in .270 since about 1989. I like it. Gas operation makes it easier on the shoulder.

'Course, your accuracy snobs will always look down on semi-autos, but if you're a hunter an inch or so off your POA at 150 yards really isn't relavent.

I like it.

Thats the one i want, that gun killed many a nazi

Indeed it did. It could have been an awesome weapon, but it's small magazine was much complained about at the time. It was always sort of stuck halfway between being a proper rifleman's weapon and an infantry support weapon...

Still, one of the coolest guns ever.

One of my uncle's has several, he loves them.

Sorta my dream gun
031537m.jpg

031330m.jpg

major investment thou

All sorts of calibers available, (was thinking a quite heavy calibre as I want to do some board hunting and even Bear if I ever get the chance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sosadus
Back