Anybody else enjoying Hitman 2?

JAEGERX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
damn i enjoy this game it is so good

I'm just coming off binging on Hitman so I ain't jumping on this yet. Prob will when everything's released for it doe

Not yet. Still grinding Assasin's Creed then from here, apparently I have to loop back around to Witcher 3.

Am real keen to play Hitman though, especially since there's a mission in NZ. Hopefully there's a Boxing Day price drop :D

I'm just coming off binging on Hitman so I ain't jumping on this yet. Prob will when everything's released for it doe
I thought Hitman 2 did away with the episodic stuff?

Did it? I haven't been paying attention. May have to buy it sooner rather than later then

It did. Full release from the start (expansion pack later though iirc) which is a shame because I much prefer the episodic release. It allowed the devs to take feedback from players to craft and balance later areas, it was a lot of fun really deep diving into one level with the community by watching different runs and discussing strategies and when a new area was being teased and then released, it was more exciting. I bought it because I love I/O and they added Hitman 1 to the second game for a combined game if you already owned the first one. Haven't played it yet but might have to start it up this weekend.

I've had an urge lately to play a stealth game like this, but I still have to get around to playing the last one which I haven't done yet. I've also never got all the way through Blood Money yet either and keep meaning to rectify that. Perhaps a binge playthrough of the whole series is in the cards for me (besides the original). Play the HD Trilogy, take a short break to avoid burnout, and then play through the last three games. Could be a plan.

Not yet. Still grinding Assasin's Creed then from here, apparently I have to loop back around to Witcher 3.

Am real keen to play Hitman though, especially since there's a mission in NZ. Hopefully there's a Boxing Day price drop :D

Hopefully the NZ mission is Agent 47 smoking Richie McCaw and Dan Carter for their past crimes.

Hopefully the NZ mission is Agent 47 smoking Richie McCaw and Dan Carter for their past crimes.

Those are two saints who can do no wrong (especially Sir Richard in a ruck!) when they're wearing black.

Those are two saints who can do no wrong (especially Sir Richard in a ruck!) when they're wearing black.

Mate Agent 47 knows an offside flanker when he sees one. I'll give Carter a pass he was never dirty. But Richie spent so much time offside he may as well have been wearing a gold jersey. Agent 47 will met out justice for all.

Mate Agent 47 knows an offside flanker when he sees one. I'll give Carter a pass he was never dirty. But Richie spent so much time offside he may as well have been wearing a gold jersey. Agent 47 will met out justice for all.

All flankers are offside! If my flanker isn't offside, I wouldn't select him.

Hooper's a dirty cheat too. He's just not good as good as one. Pocock seems like a standup guy... but he's Zimbabwean ;-)

All flankers are offside! If my flanker isn't offside, I wouldn't select him.

Hooper's a dirty cheat too. He's just not good as good as one. Pocock seems like a standup guy... but he's Zimbabwean ;-)

Honestly can't stand Hooper, hopefully Agent 47 takes care of him as well.

I bought Hitman 1. Didn't like the episodic thing. It's not worth the price I paid with only 7 levels imo. I'd pay for the full price for Hitman 2 if it has 20 levels. Or I'll just wait until the price drops by more than half before buying it.

whats an NZ?

I'm buying an x-box soon, how much am I having to drop to play the entire Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 series?

Not interested in buying 1 or 2 "episodes" I'd rather just pay / buy them all at once.

I'm buying an x-box soon, how much am I having to drop to play the entire Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 series?

Not interested in buying 1 or 2 "episodes" I'd rather just pay / buy them all at once.

Dunno for sure, check out the xbox store or better yet for the older games, the bargain/used bin in your local EB Games/Game Stop whatever they call it in your area.

I don't imagine that it'd cost a lot for the older ones

Last I checked, if you get the Xbox GamePass the entire first game and all episodes are on there for free. At least, it was f ew months ago...so I assume it still is.

I bought Hitman 1. Didn't like the episodic thing. It's not worth the price I paid with only 7 levels imo. I'd pay for the full price for Hitman 2 if it has 20 levels. Or I'll just wait until the price drops by more than half before buying it.

It would then be 20 levels of linear boring crap instead of 7 handcrafted open sandbox levels with multiple ways to get the target(s), multiple points of entry and exit and incredible detail. These levels are also meant to be played multiple times because of their open ended nature, unlocks and mastery levels to obtain...which is why the episodic format was great. Plus, Escalation Protocols, community created contracts, Elusive Targets, etc....both games are much more than a mere number of levels.

Back