Anybody watching Mike Judge's SILICON VALLEY on HBO?

SherdogGoat

Platinum & Braco Belt
Banned
Reaction score
It's a tech-centric comedy show about a bunch of awkward software developers that develop a compression algorithm and then get rich. The pilot episode was pretty good and it seems to have a lot of potential. So anybody else watch it?

Last edited:
Is that where they make all the pron? If so, I'm in.

It was really good. Very Mike Judge live action style. It's a good setup for the series as a whole.

It is rated MA so I guess there will be boobs.

This is the new Mike Judge show? Hell yeah i'll watch that.

Bugger, I completely forgot about it.

I thought it was pretty good. Although the silicon valley culture is going to get on my nerves even if it is a parody of it.

Also, Amanda Crew is hot.

Its pretty spot on with the stereotypes of San Jose and the Bay Area. It has a couple of funny characters. Good start so far.

it was pretty funny, but after a while the techie/software jokes got really old fast. we'll see how the rest of the episodes unfold.

The first episode was not bad, but I'm not really interested in nerds and technology.

So I don't know if I gone watch the next episodes.

I thought it was pretty meh, but I will keep watching. There's no reason not to stick around an extra 30 minutes after GOT.

The trailer was a lot funnier. "You remind me of my son. He has Asperger's too," kills me every time I think of it.

I thought it didnt flow well either, but comedies can get away with this stuff as long as they're funny.

It wasn't very funny. Actually, it wasn't very anything.

Also, what are the chances someone would develop a compression tool that efficient and not realize what he had?

If it's anything like the real thing then I will take a pass. The only funny thing about Silicon Valley is how shitty of a place it is, but you have to be on the outside looking in to laugh.

I didn't think it was funny, and I was pretty baked. I'll give it another shot next week.

Back