Anyone been to Japan

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone been to Japan? I'm thinking of going there in about a month or so for a short vacation. Not sure what to expect. I need an in-between vacation for when I go to either Philippinian islands again or Thailand islands in 6 months.

man... i cant wait to get over there some day, probably when im 28-30

Yes.

Stayed for two weeks. Started off in Tokyo, went to saitama then down to Mount Fuji, then a bullet train back up to Tokyo.

Didnt like the food.

lived there for 2 1/2 years.. was suppose to be 2 but I got stop lossed.. Anyways I was in Okinawa, loved it... If you are going to the mainland though I have only been to the airports and a brief cab ride through toyko..

Here's some info from my last trip-

Tokyo- what you'd expect. Capsule hotels are good if you're alone & trying to budget. They're clean & loaded with floor after floor of facilities (restaurant, chillout room, massage, bathhouse etc etc) & only about $40US per night.
Kawaguchiko- Near Fuji. Beautiful little resort town, old Japanese feel, big lake that's great to ride a bike around. Also near the Suicide Forest from the well known VICE doco.
Fukuoka- Nothing special but probably the easiest girls I found in Japan if you wanna be a manwhore, not really my thing but the complementary suntory whisky @ the capsule I stayed in def weakened me. Lots of Koreans & Taiwanese.
Kyoto- Only here briefly, but I remember there being lots of temples/alleyways to explore from my first visit.
Hiroshima- the memorial @ ground zero is very dignified, I didn't get much further than that.
Yakushima- This is like the garden of eden & was my highlight for sure, but you need to hire a car, or ideally a motorbike to get the most out of it.

Anyone been to Japan? I'm thinking of going there in about a month or so for a short vacation. Not sure what to expect. I need an in-between vacation for when I go to either Philippinian islands again or Thailand islands in 6 months.

God the chick in that thumbnail is so fucking HNNNNNGGGGG

Yes. Usually go there every couple years to eat sushi.

Ultra Japan and Ultra Croatia are on my list of things to do before I die I'll be honest.

Lived there for a few years. Trying to go back soon. Loved it

Would love to go and visit the Motorcycle scene, HRC - Suzuka Etc.... Sadly my wife, (Chinese) would likely never allow it.

I want to go to Japan bad deciding if Europe or Japan will be my next vacation. Probably Japan with my son coming next year. When I do Europe I want like 2 week minimum.

lived there for 2 1/2 years.. was suppose to be 2 but I got stop lossed.. Anyways I was in Okinawa, loved it... If you are going to the mainland though I have only been to the airports and a brief cab ride through toyko..

what's, "stop lossed"?

I want to go to Japan bad deciding if Europe or Japan will be my next vacation. Probably Japan with my son coming next year. When I do Europe I want like 2 week minimum.

save up as much vacation time as you can for europe. lots to see and do. have been three different times for months on end and still have a lot left to see.

Id want the longer time to be in Japan since its such a long flight from here... Europe Ive been to several times, pretty close. It took me forever to get to Japan.
I went to Iceland 2 years ago and think it was like 5 1/2 from Boston... Go to Ireland a lot... think Germany only took 8 from here. Id love to go back to japan but dread the ride... Same reason I never went to Aussie, cant deal with that long flight anymore. Plus the jetleg... Id want 2 weeks for Japan

Love Japan. Going back again in 6 weeks! :eek:

Back