Anyone else bombing out of their New Years Resolution?

FierceRedBelt

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Promised myself I'd cut down my internet idle time this year and I've essentially doubled down the last two days.

I’m trying to eat healthy. Meaning no starving myself or binge eating. Yesterday I had 900 cals, today I got 1100. My goal is 1200-1500 a day but, I mean, it’s not bad just starting out. Usually I’d stop at 300 calories so I have improved. It’s hard tho lol.

I’m trying to eat healthy. Meaning no starving myself or binge eating. Yesterday I had 900 cals, today I got 1100. My goal is 1200-1500 a day but, I mean, it’s not bad just starting out. Usually I’d stop at 300 calories so I have improved. It’s hard tho lol.

I've always wondered how that works.

If you're eating 300cals a day for a week it'd take a 10kcal binge eating spree to make up for that. Unless you're literally just withering away.

Good job working towards it though. What you really should do is absolutely under no condition binge eat ever again. That will force you to eat a more consistent diet on a normal basis to maintain a normal weight.

I know you've mentioned some mental health issues in the past; they could be very well related to starvation. I hope you feel better.

you guys...
giphy-downsized-large.gif

My resolution was to not have any silly resolution. It's not working

I wanted to drink less and have one last big party on NYE then go on a break from drinking alcohol for at least a month. Then I realized that I had made plans to meet a woman later this week for drinks. I also made plans this weekend to grab beer with some people. Both plans were made in advance before NYE. So my new resolution is to stop drinking after this weekend lol

Also I wanted to work out more consistently but I can't workout for a while due to my hip/back injury.

I also wanted to take a break from dating as well but I made plans to meet the aforementioned woman.

you couldn't last two days?

<puh-lease75>

My resolution is to quit drinking. Not because it’s a new year, but because it’s destroying my life and my relationship. I’m drunk.

Run an hour a day. 2 days down, 363 to go. My legs are sore, I’ve got terrible
Mobility and usually do 3 miles at an anaerobic pace, between 18-21 minutes. Did over 6 yesterday, slowed down even more and hit just under 6 today.

I wanted to drink less and have one last big party on NYE then go on a break from drinking alcohol for at least a month. Then I realized that I had made plans to meet a woman later this week for drinks. I also made plans this weekend to grab beer with some people. Both plans were made in advance before NYE. So my new resolution is to stop drinking after this weekend lol

Also I wanted to work out more consistently but I can't workout for a while due to my hip/back injury.

I also wanted to take a break from dating as well but I made plans to meet the aforementioned woman.
Why not just set limits for yourself? No need to go into full monk mode unless you really want to.

Run an hour a day. 2 days down, 363 to go. My legs are sore, I’ve got terrible
Mobility and usually do 3 miles at an anaerobic pace, between 18-21 minutes. Did over 6 yesterday, slowed down even more and hit just under 6 today.
You're going to burn out on that plan. You need recovery periods and to develop an aerobic base before you can reap the full benefits of anaerobic training. Consider reading some training books by Joe Friel on periodization. Good luck

I didn't resolve anything specifically for this year. Maybe train more boxing and bjj. I also want to be with the girl I'm dating, but I wanted that from the moment I first saw her.

To stop consuming so much sugar. Doing ok so far.

Please.. tell me you're female

Not drinking in Korea is hard
<{chips}>

Why not just set limits for yourself? No need to go into full monk mode unless you really want to.
I feel like it's just been such a habit these days so I'm trying to break the cycle. One drink easily turns into two or three. One night a week easily turns into three nights a week.
More than the alcohol itself it's the time I spend out in bars that feels like a waste.

Not drinking in Korea is hard
<{chips}>
Yes it is...

Day 3 of quitting smoking, still going strong so far.

Back